Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    You, in post #25:"And those types of people (those who don't want large families) should never have kids - I'm all for sterilization in those cases."

You, in post #28: "I don't think everyone SHOULD have large families, in fact - some should never procreate..."

You, in post #82: "I hope her and other libs stop having kids."

The only contempt in this thread has been towards those who have disagreed with your original premise.
    So now an admin is going to add text to something I posted? What kind of jacked-up message board is this?

I can't believe you'd do that jeff...

THIS is the ORIGINAL text:

Quote Originally Posted by rumplestillskin
    Some could argue it is selfish to have lots of kids because 1) You can't afford to give them a good life 2) You can't possibly give them the attention they deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Cp
    And those types of people should never have kids - I'm all for sterilization in those cases.
    I don't know how ANYONE with common sense could read anything into my exchange IN CONTEXT and see what I was saying was "I'm all for sterilzation for folks who don't want to be good parents" - in other words, why even bother with kids if they're going to live a self-serving life in the first place?

Do you think this country needs more Dee-dee-dee's raised by parents like that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    So now an admin is going to add text to something I posted? What kind of jacked-up message board is this?

I can't believe you'd do that jeff...

THIS is the ORIGINAL text:
    A parentheitical in a quote is commonly used to show context. It clarifies what "those type of people" are. And I linked to the post, so people could read the post for themselves.

I don't know how ANYONE with common sense could read anything into my exchange IN CONTEXT and see what I was saying was "I'm all for sterilzation for folks who don't want to be good parents" - in other words, why even bother with kids if they're going to live a self-serving life in the first place?

Do you think this country needs more Dee-dee-dee's raised by parents like that?
    So, you're all for sterilization of people who don't meet your definition of "good parent?" I'm in favor of not involuntarily sterilizing ANYONE in this country, because a) we as Americans have the liberty to choose the number of children we'd like to have with our spouses, and b) even children born into hard circumstances (however that may be defined) are precious in God's eyes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    [I'm in favor of not involuntarily sterilizing ANYONE in this country,
    I dont know Jeff. I have seen some...Yikes...wanted to do it then and there myself!!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Jeff - you aren't taking this personal are you? If you are - fine; but if you're not, then it seems like you're quiet hot under the collar - taking what -Cp wrote in general terms (except when he specificially cited Jillian, etc), and applying it on a personal level.

Truth be told both having kids and not having kids can be done, and is done, for selfish reasons. Self drives MOST of what we do.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Jeff - you aren't taking this personal are you? If you are - fine; but if you're not, then it seems like you're quiet hot under the collar - taking what -Cp wrote in general terms (except when he specificially cited Jillian, etc), and applying it on a personal level.

Truth be told both having kids and not having kids can be done, and is done, for selfish reasons. Self drives MOST of what we do.
    This thread was about some showing to contempt to others based on the size of the family. CP then turned around and did that very thing regarding single-child-families.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    No, I'm not taking it personal. I only pointed out where Duane stated that he favored sterilization for some. I'm not meaning for my tone to come across as rude or mean or anything.

I'd agree with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    This thread was about some showing to contempt to others based on the size of the family. CP then turned around and did that very thing regarding single-child-families.
    Again - that IS NOT WHAT I DID... Jeesh..

I simply pointed out that at the root of many people only having 1 or two kids - or none at all - is done out of selfish ambition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I simply pointed out that at the root of many people only having 1 or two kids - or none at all - is done out of selfish ambition.
    What a disingenuous answer. You absolutely did that, which is why we all KNOW you did that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You may have NOT MEANT to.....but you did....sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    You may have NOT MEANT to.....but you did....sorry.
    Mind pointing out where or how I did that?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

doesn't matter, dude. Perception is reality to people. If they perceived you meaning something, that's their reality. Prolly best to just let it go. I love you. That's all that matters
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you want me to quote all of the posts or just all of them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You absolutely did. I direct you to posts 15, 35, and 40.

Wait, lemme guess. You aren't showing contempt to single child families, but merely pointing out the high statistical probability of them being spolied assholes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Go read about this, the likely reason you posting this thread in the first place, ain't it? You're Soooo transparant, CP.
    I wasn't gonna go there, but it's so obvious ain't it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    You absolutely did. I direct you to posts 15, 35, and 40.

Wait, lemme guess. You aren't showing contempt to single child families, but merely pointing out the high statistical probability of them being spolied assholes.
    Right... go READ what I said dude.. If ya'll want to say I'm showing comtempt to smaller families - I guess that's your misguided right to say that.. but that is - not in context with my message..