Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I didn't know the Brits used a .338 instead of the .50, what's the rationale behind that? Lighter ammo load & smaller weapon to lug around getting into position?

I really like the .338, it's my 2nd favorite behind my .375 for bears.
    Primary reason surely was smaller round = much higher velocity at the sacrifice of the brute penetration that we see with the 50 cal sniper version. With that high velocity it would shoot flatter. However speed must have been the primary consideration is my best guess. Although not need on a man if he is hit correctly. If hit correctly his as is dead with that caliber ..
    The 50 cal gives much of the same but with brute force added to the round ..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Budget cuts necessitate the conservation and efficient use of ammunition. The Brits have been at it longer than the US has so are far more proficient. Good on em I say!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson