Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Words to live by: Count how many people can make a major decision that can ruin you

Practically every decision I make boils down to this and not being under anyone's thumb. I include where to live, where to work, who to marry, financial arrangements, pretty well everything.

Count right now how many people can make a major decision that can ruin your life.I don’t like it when one person can make or break me. A boss. A publisher. A TV producer. A buyer of my company. At any one point I’ve had to kiss ass to all of the above. I hate it. I will never do it again.
    The way to avoid this is to diversify the things you are working on so no one person or customer or boss or client can make a decision that could make you rich or destroy you or fulfill your life’s dreams or crush them. I understand it can’t happen in a day. Start planning now how to create your own destiny instead of allowing people who don’t like you to control your destiny. When you do this count, make sure the number comes to over 20. Then when you spin the wheel the odds are on your side that a winning number comes up.
    https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...ur-job-in-2014
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-07-2014 at 09:45 AM.