Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Obama: Right to vote under threat in the US

Both Obama and Clinton spoke and talked about how changing the voting system to require identification, and how it's putting us 50 years back and the actual right to vote is threatened. BULLSHIT. Not one single person who is now qualified to vote would be disqualified. But to protect the system, ID would be required of ALL voters. No need to put out there the reasons as to why everyone already has some sort of ID already, and how it would be next to impossible to get by in today's age without the ID we are discussing. So then, if everyone has this ID, WHY would they fight SO hard to prevent it from being a requirement? And yet the very same people don't cry about having to provide proof of insurance on many levels, or for the freebies like in the welfare system. Ante up the ID for that in less than a NY minute!

Obama: Right to vote under threat in the US

NEW YORK (AP) — In an unsparing critique of Republicans, President Barack Obama on Friday accused the GOP of using voting restrictions to keep voters from the polls and of jeopardizing 50 years of expanded ballot box access for millions of black Americans and other minorities.

"The stark, simple truth is this: The right to vote is threatened today in a way that it has not been since the Voting Rights Act became law nearly five decades ago," Obama said in a fiery speech at civil rights activist and television talk host Al Sharpton's National Action Network conference.

Obama waded into the acrid debate over voting access in an election year where control of the Senate, now in the hands of Democrats, is at stake, as is Obama's already limited ability to push his agenda through Congress.

Republicans say the voting measures guard against voter fraud, but Democrats say they erode the landmark 1965 law that helped pave Obama's path in politics.

"Across the country, Republicans have led efforts to pass laws making it harder, not easier, for people to vote," he said, relating anecdotes of voters turned away because they didn't have the right identification or because they needed a passport or birth certificate to register.

"About 60 percent of Americans don't have a passport," he said. "Just because you can't have the money to travel abroad doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to vote here at home."

Obama's speech to a crowd of about 1,600 in a New York hotel ballroom came a day after he marked the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act at the LBJ Library in Austin, Texas, where he praised President Lyndon Johnson's understanding of presidential power and its use to create new opportunities for millions of Americans.
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-vote-und...tics.html?vp=1

Clinton: New voter restrictions are a step back

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former President Bill Clinton used the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act to criticize efforts in several states to restrict voting, notably photo identification requirements, saying they threaten to roll back half a century of progress.

Clinton spoke Wednesday night during the Civil Rights Summit at the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library at the University of Texas in Austin. The library is hosting the three-day event to mark the anniversary of the landmark 1964 law that banned widespread discrimination against racial and ethnic minorities and women.

President Barack Obama is scheduled to give the keynote address Thursday and former President George. W. Bush will wrap up the summit later that day.

Clinton, the 42nd president, praised Johnson for pushing through laws that helped remove political and economic barriers for millions. He noted that Johnson was a "son of the South" and a "a Texan bred with the state's outsized ambitions (who) saw limitless possibilities in the lives of other people like him, who just happened to have a different color skin."

He also praised those who gave their lives in the civil rights struggle, such as Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers and other victims of bombings and shootings.
    http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-voter-...-election.html

2. Thanks Gaffer, NightTrain, Kathianne, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

They make me sick. Bunch of damn liars. Excuse my language please, I am just sick of all the lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Nice strawman, Obama.

Except no one ever suggested that a voter should have a passport to vote.

A state or government issued ID is what has been proposed, of which, a valid passport would be one form of ID.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are 20 million illegal aliens in the country that the dems are counting on for any hope of winning any elections. ID's would make it much more difficult for those people to vote. It would also curtail the "vote and vote often" crowd. If it wasn't for voter fraud the dems would not hold a single seat in the house and senate.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Guess I'll just jump on the bandwagon. Legal US citizens have ID to prove it and don't need to sweat an ID check.

Illegal immigrants have no rights to anything by law as they don't exist, by law. By law, they've been deported.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, NightTrain, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Bottom line in all of this. If anyone wants to visit with, or see Obama, Holder, Biden, Any member of Congress...Republican, or Democrat.

In order for ANYONE to see them. YOU MUST HAVE AN ID!

No questions asked other than "DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE ID?"

Otherwise. You actually can't do anything as a citizen in this nation. "PERIOD".
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

At issue is what constitutes legal identification. And what documentation is needed to gain such identification.
    Some people have never driven, so they don't have a license. What else can you use?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Bottom line in all of this. If anyone wants to visit with, or see Obama, Holder, Biden, Any member of Congress...Republican, or Democrat.

In order for ANYONE to see them. YOU MUST HAVE AN ID!

No questions asked other than "DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE ID?"

Otherwise. You actually can't do anything as a citizen in this nation. "PERIOD".
    True enough. What's worse is that ID BETTER match your birth certificate or you aren't even recognized as a veteran. My birth certificate has a "jr" at the end of my name. SO does my driver's license, by default.

In a simpler, not so anal time I got my SS card without the "jr" and that's what the military used for 21 years. No "jr". When I was in IL, they used my military ID for proof of citizenship to get a DL there. No "jr". My truck title has the "jr" on it. No truck registration for me. I the vet and not me the "jr" on the Texas title, nor could I get vet plates.

Bet if I was a Democrat I could vote under both names.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    At issue is what constitutes legal identification. And what documentation is needed to gain such identification.
    Some people have never driven, so they don't have a license. What else can you use?
    State ID, Passport, Vet ID. If you've bought alcohol, gotten a job, anything, you have the proper ID already. That has been true ever since voter IDs were first put up as an idea, Gabs, and you've been told that multiple times. Heck, I think it was already pointed out in this thread.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, jimnyc, hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    State ID, Passport, Vet ID. If you've bought alcohol, gotten a job, anything, you have the proper ID already. That has been true ever since voter IDs were first put up as an idea, Gabs, and you've been told that multiple times. Heck, I think it was already pointed out in this thread.
    No ordinary functional adult American citizen functions now without a proper ID. The very party and asshats that decry requiring ID require it at their events and gatherings. Such hypocrisy condemns them for the lying hypocritical ffing pieces of scum they truly are. In a truly just world such pieces of shit would be exterminated for the betterment of all mankind for their life and goal is to serve themselves and the evil that resides within their dark lying hearts IMHO. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    No ordinary functional adult American citizen functions now without a proper ID. The very party and asshats that decry requiring ID require it at their events and gatherings. Such hypocrisy condemns them for the lying hypocritical ffing pieces of scum they truly are. In a truly just world such pieces of shit would be exterminated for the betterment of all mankind for their life and goal is to serve themselves and the evil that resides within their dark lying hearts IMHO. -Tyr
    How do you really feel?

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

It just irks the sh*t out of me that I'm a born n bread, taxpaying US citizen and I have to jump through hoops just to register a vehicle I OWN and is paid for; yet, they want to let people vote without IDs? Give driver's licenses to illegal aliens?

Once again the left proves it isn't about doing what's right. It's about winning at all costs and no matter what they have to sell out.

The GOPs not much better. They're so terrified of losing the Hispanic vote they just vacillate.

We need to hit alt-ctl-del on the current government and politicians and start over.

22. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    How do you really feel?
    You just never know with him.. always beating around the bush.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

24. Thanks Gunny, Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It just irks the sh*t out of me that I'm a born n bread, taxpaying US citizen and I have to jump through hoops just to register a vehicle I OWN and is paid for; yet, they want to let people vote without IDs? Give driver's licenses to illegal aliens?

Once again the left proves it isn't about doing what's right. It's about winning at all costs and no matter what they have to sell out.

The GOPs not much better. They're so terrified of losing the Hispanic vote they just vacillate.

We need to hit alt-ctl-del on the current government and politicians and start over.
    They already have your vote. Same as welfare, you're useless if you don't need their assistance. Do absolutely nothing to contribute to society and you'll have a much better chance of the government paying attention to you.

26. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They already have your vote. Same as welfare, you're useless if you don't need their assistance. Do absolutely nothing to contribute to society and you'll have a much better chance of the government paying attention to you.
    I don't have a choice but vote for the lesser of two evils. The alternative is a non-vote for the GOP is a vote for the Dems. Holding out accomplishes nothing.

Well, except 8 years of Obama and his massacre of the US Constitution.

28. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain, aboutime thanked this post