another look inside the secret NK society

Miss Kim, 20, a student studying English in Pyongyang, gave Eric Lafforgue a rare insight into North Korean life
When she's not studying, she likes to play computer games and says she hopes to travel to the UK one day
Unfamiliar with the reality of life in the West, she thinks Kim Jong Il invented the burger and Lady Gaga is male
She is also convinced that South Koreans would like to shoot her and says she hates Americans
Lafforgue says much of what Miss Kim believes is propaganda which North Koreans listen to from a young age

Welcome to North Korea! English student and tour guide Miss Kim stands in front of the Grand National Theatre in Hamhung, capital of South Hamgyŏng province

photos

many years back i saw a TV documentary about this. i think it was on NATGEO. the former runt, who died allowed an Asian eye doc in to treat N koreans. i think maybe cataract surgery. he was given a limited time and allowed to bring a team along. one of which was spy with a hidden cam. its was both interesting and frightening. when it came time to remove their eye pads they were facing da man's photo. so he would be the first they saw. the doctor was not even mentioned.