Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Conservative Republicans didn't feel that way about the Dixie Chicks. They pretty much flipped their lids.
    all I ever saw with them was calls to tune them out or boycotting their shows... same as I'm saying, let the consumer decide.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Good thinking, pretend the problem isn't there. And also if you're child is being bullied in school, get him to switch school, simple.

There is indeed a very real issue, and to not see the rape culture endorsed by the kinds of messages in these songs is an issue itself.
    my son was bullied at school and he did change schools, I hope you aren't pointing fingers?

But grown up music with kids is a parenting issue, and has zip to do with schools. And if a kid is brought up right, then hearing shit lyrics won't make a difference. But instead of personal responsibility, liberals would rather stomp things out that they disagree with.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    my son was bullied at school and he did change schools, I hope you aren't pointing fingers?
    I wouldn't be so crass, resembling yours or anyone else's actual children is coincidental - as to whether you blame the bullies victim or the bully for the bullying is on point of the discussion.

But grown up music with kids is a parenting issue, and has zip to do with schools. And if a kid is brought up right, then hearing shit lyrics won't make a difference. But instead of personal responsibility, liberals would rather stomp things out that they disagree with.
    Its not just kids but adults too. The culture as a whole normalises rape and that women are objects. Mr Joe Bloggs relaxing by humming away to himself that ever catchy 'Women mean yes when they say no, dum dum dum' is a cog that keeps the wheel turning.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Conservative Republicans didn't feel that way about the Dixie Chicks. They pretty much flipped their lids.

Wrong again.

Country fans are a vastly conservative group of people as a whole, no matter the political affiliation. There was no lid-flipping, just a complete refusal to ever support that band again and to cleanse their collections by removing the offending Dixie Chicks portion.

However, it still brings a tear of joy to my eye when I remember the piles of Dixie Chicks CDs burning in piles in the streets down in Texas and the cancelled concerts and the nationwide boycotting by Radio Stations. Even years later one would play one of their songs and they'd get complaints.

Her monumental stupidity was in not knowing who the fans were. She wrecked their careers and instead of apologizing, was defiant about it and that sealed their fate.

Toby Keith had a nice feud with them as they evaporated, securing legions of lifelong fans in the process. The liberals tried to help them out, but they just didn't care enough to actually buy their music or go to their concerts - but they did give them non-paying props in the press.

Somehow she thought she would be the next John Lennon or something. Oooops.

I'm surprised the other bandmates haven't murdered her in her sleep.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-28-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks Nukeman, Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I wouldn't be so crass, resembling yours or anyone else's actual children is coincidental - as to whether you blame the bullies victim or the bully for the bullying is on point of the discussion.

Its not just kids but adults too. The culture as a whole normalises rape and that women are objects. Mr Joe Bloggs relaxing by humming away to himself that ever catchy 'Women mean yes when they say no, dum dum dum' is a cog that keeps the wheel turning.
    Women also mean no when they say yes. Legal liability must be kept in mind regardless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Personally I'd be thrilled if cRAP went away completely but, I don't see that happening.

It's shit music that glorifies violence against cops and women. It's not allowed in my house.

8. Thanks NightTrain, Nukeman, Noir, Gaffer, Jeff and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Personally I'd be thrilled if cRAP went away completely but, I don't see that happening.

It's shit music that glorifies violence against cops and women. It's not allowed in my house.
    Same here.

Or in my vehicles.

It's kind of nice to be Dad and making the rules.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Trigg, Gaffer, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks. Was on my phone earlier and jumped to conclusions. You know what they say about those who assume, and I do so all the time! My apologies.

Its not just kids but adults too. The culture as a whole normalises rape and that women are objects. Mr Joe Bloggs relaxing by humming away to himself that ever catchy 'Women mean yes when they say no, dum dum dum' is a cog that keeps the wheel turning.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post

It all reminds me of Howard Stern (and rap). Demeaning, misogynistic, gross, and every other comparable terminology. But do we tune out Howard, rap music & pitbull, or do we try and have them literally removed? I do the same, certain things won't be playing in my house. My son will be taught to the best of our ability. But there IS a market for Howard - for rap AND for this pitbull guy - and our 1st amendment should is a higher precedent than bad or demeaning music. Or bad or demeaning movies. Or bad or demeaning art.

Definitely not in my house either, but I wouldn't think for a moment that what someone else likes or listened to should simply be banned or disappear. We've all been hearing about the evils of various music from the Beatles, to Elvis, to Ozzy to Rap music to Pitbull crap. Yes, some is crap and not what I want my kid listening to - but the world won't end and all of our kids won't grow up as demeaning little bastards from listening to one of these people. If that happens, something else went wrong along the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Thanks. Was on my phone earlier and jumped to conclusions. You know what they say about those who assume, and I do so all the time! My apologies.

It all reminds me of Howard Stern (and rap). Demeaning, misogynistic, gross, and every other comparable terminology. But do we tune out Howard, rap music & pitbull, or do we try and have them literally removed? I do the same, certain things won't be playing in my house. My son will be taught to the best of our ability. But there IS a market for Howard - for rap AND for this pitbull guy - and our 1st amendment should is a higher precedent than bad or demeaning music. Or bad or demeaning movies. Or bad or demeaning art.

Definitely not in my house either, but I wouldn't think for a moment that what someone else likes or listened to should simply be banned or disappear. We've all been hearing about the evils of various music from the Beatles, to Elvis, to Ozzy to Rap music to Pitbull crap. Yes, some is crap and not what I want my kid listening to - but the world won't end and all of our kids won't grow up as demeaning little bastards from listening to one of these people. If that happens, something else went wrong along the way.

We do neither. We learn Spanish so we can fully appreciate the nuances of Pitbull's talent. After all, aren't we supposed to be promoting diversity? If you criticize Pitbull, you're just being a racist. We need to respect the cultural differences and enjoy the boobies. Jim, I bet you'd even enjoy a Snoop Dogg music video.
    Last edited by tailfins; 05-28-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    We do neither. We learn Spanish so we can fully appreciate the nuances of Pitbull's talent. After all, aren't we supposed to be promoting diversity? If you criticize Pitbull, you're just being a racist. We need to respect the cultural differences and enjoy the boobies. Jim, I bet you'd even enjoy a Snoop Dogg music video.
    I like many artists that others would probably would have liked to see removed completely! Iron Maiden, UFO, Eminem, Ozzy Osbourne & Black Sabbath, Skin 'n Bones, most 80's hair bands, Zeppelin. ACDC (oh boy, some of the lyrics!) Whitesnake...

My brother ranted at me on our recent trip when I put my Eminem cd on. So as not to torment him, I only played one track. Others think the same about him that they do pitbull. I don't listen to emulate my life after him, I do because I like his music, I like the beats and he sounds better. But his lyrics are filled with stuff about drugs and sex. - I won't force anyone to listen to my tastes. I wouldn't let my son listen to Eminem while I listen, nor on his own. If a kid is raised right, bad lyrics will be just that to them, lyrics for a song. But anyway, to each their own. Tune in or tune out!

With the lyrics included, and the idea is the same - rock and roll will never die!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o0uBTNCKG7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I gotta say, my musical taste varies, from band to band and from song to song. I'm generally willing to give ANY music a try. With that said, and while I know Pitbull has some controversial lyrics (like about another 50,000 bands/musicians). I found this song, a duo with another artist I don't care about, Christina Aguilera. It's actually a good tune made by both!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5jlI4uzZGjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I gotta say, my musical taste varies, from band to band and from song to song. I'm generally willing to give ANY music a try. With that said, and while I know Pitbull has some controversial lyrics (like about another 50,000 bands/musicians). I found this song, a duo with another artist I don't care about, Christina Aguilera. It's actually a good tune made by both!!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5jlI4uzZGjU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    The funny thing is they are complaining about stuff after he went English. Here's some full strength Pitbull with 220 MILLION views:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    The funny thing is they are complaining about stuff after he went English. Here's some full strength Pitbull with 220 MILLION views:
    "Mami got an ass like a donkey, with a monkey,
    look like King Kong, welcome to the crib,
    305 thats what it is,
    with a woman down ya shit dont play games,
    they up the chain, and they let her do everythang and anythang, hit tha thang
    and they love it gettin' it in, gettin' on"

Inspiring.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

17. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

"Mami got an ass like a donkey, with a monkey,
    look like King Kong, welcome to the crib,
    305 thats what it is,
    with a woman down ya shit dont play games,
    they up the chain, and they let her do everythang and anythang, hit tha thang
    and they love it gettin' it in, gettin' on"

Inspiring.
    I agree with you - but - he is making millions and selling millions. So while I agree with you about much of his lyrics - I also think he's fully entitled to make his lyrics and be a recording artist, no different than any artist from any genre out there today. People listening and the consumers will decide if they last or not. If millions and millions didn't like this guys music, including his lyrics, he wouldn't be selling as he does throughout the world. But that doesn't mean you or I need to tune in. To each their own.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

World Cup Song Disappoints World Cup Fans on Web

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TGtWWb9emYI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

The official World Cup song is hitting an off note with some soccer fans.

Critics on the Web say the single "We Are One (Ole Ola)" doesn't showcase enough of the host country, Brazil. Instead, Cuban-American Pitbull takes center stage, along with Bronx native, Jennifer Lopez.

Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte appears in the video but for far less time than the other two performers. And the Brazilian-themed video, set in a stadium with Carnival dancers, Latin-style drummers, and energetic crowds, was actually shot in Fort Lauderdale, not South America.

Commenters have tweeted their displeasure and want to bring back Shakira's popular 2010 World Cup hit, "Waka Waka."

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-...183140943.html