Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Bastard Is Too Nice A Word For This Slimebag

http://opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110010230

Deadbeat Dad--II
    Our April 6, 2004, column included this rather appalling item:

In 1972, when Kenneth Caldwell was just a baby, his father, Leon, walked out on the family, leaving mom Elsie Caldwell to raise Kenneth and his brother on her own. . . . Leon Caldwell saw Kenneth only two more times before Sept. 11, 2001, when Kenneth Caldwell, 30, died at the World Trade Center, where he worked on the 102nd floor of the north tower.

Then Leon Caldwell reappeared on the scene. Mrs. Caldwell, as Kenneth's next of kin, had applied for a $50,000 workmen's compensation death benefit, and Mr. Caldwell wanted to cash in on his son's murder. Last week, New York's Daily News reports, a state appeals court in Albany ruled "that Leon Caldwell met the legal definition of a parent and could collect half the death benefit," though he won't get to keep most of the money: "The court ruled he must pay his ex-wife $20,000[*]--the amount he owes her in delinquent support payments."

This might or might not have been the correct decision, legally speaking. But Mrs. Caldwell is surely right when she calls Mr. Caldwell's money-grubbing "despicable." Leon and Elsie Caldwell were married when Kenneth was born, but that doesn't mean the father isn't a bastard.
    It seems Leon Caldwell wasn't satisfied with 25 grand less child-support arrears. Today's Daily News reports that he is seeking to collect a cool $1.45 million--"half of the $2.9 million awarded by the Victim Compensation Fund." We've obtained a copy of the brief Mrs. Caldwell filed against her ex-husband (it's a long PDF), and it sounds as though he'll have a harder time collecting this time--in part because of his previous success. The brief notes that in the proceedings dealing with the workman's comp benefit, Mr. Caldwell did not dispute the assertion that he had abandoned his son; and it argues that he cannot do so now that that issue has been litigated.

Of course, there are two sides to this case, and we'll be happy to post Mr. Caldwell's brief in response if his lawyer would be so kind as to send it along. The Daily News, however, reports that Caldwell "did not return calls for comment."

* Mrs. Caldwell's brief in the estate case puts this figure at $12,460.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hurts my heart to see millions of dollars paid to the families of those who died, as soldiers' families get $100k-250k. :-/
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That piece of shit needs to be killed!

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Statistics show that Leon Caldwell is not out of step with other black fathers in abandoning his son. In my experience, he is also not out of step in making an outrageous demand for money.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    Statistics show that Leon Caldwell is not out of step with other black fathers in abandoning his son. In my experience, he is also not out of step in making an outrageous demand for money.
    If white, would it be different?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If white, would it be different?
    There does seem to be a pattern whereby all races file outrageous lawsuits. Go figure.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

There does seem to be a pattern whereby all races file outrageous lawsuits. Go figure.
    There does seem to be a pattern of fathers that are able to provide for their children trying to avoid. Then when the children by whatever circumstances provide for the fathers, the fathers try to take advantage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

There we go with the racist comments again.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as I read this:

Bastard Is Too Nice A Word For This Slimebag

I thought about you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic
    There we go with the racist comments again.
    As I read the article, I was saying to myself in my mind, "I bet this asswad is black." Does that make me a racist? No. However, it does show that I'm fully aware that what this person is doing sounds much more like the actions of a black man because of what black men are known for, and in this case, it's mainly the fact that more black children are born out of wedlock and then deserted by their fathers than any other race. Blacks are also known for looking for the easy cash by selling drugs, pimpin', stealing, gang banging, be a gangsta rappa, quotas, welfare, REPARATIONS, Affirmative Action, etc., etc. Blacks have earned that reputation, and it's no ones fault but their own, and it doesn't make you a racist to point out the facts.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 06-21-2007 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, you are certainly a racist, pr.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    As I read the article, I was saying to myself in my mind, "I bet this asswad is black." Does that make me a racist? No. However, it does show that I'm fully aware that what this person is doing sounds much more like the actions of a black man because of what black men are known for, and in this case, it's mainly the fact that more black children are born out of wedlock and then deserted by their fathers than any other race. Blacks are also known for looking for the easy cash by selling drugs, pimpin', stealing, gang banging, be a gangsta rappa, quotas, welfare, REPARATIONS, Affirmative Action, etc., etc. Blacks have earned that reputation, and it's no ones fault but their own, and it doesn't make you a racist to point out the facts.
    But, you are at least as insignificant in many other venues as well. Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

and that brings to mind the pants in DC. Man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Yes, you are certainly a racist, pr.
    You can call me a racist, but that does not make me racist. You are however, one of the boards biggest name calling liberals. You can't prove a damn thing, but you sure as hell can call the names. Your lack of substance is for all to see.

But, you are at least as insignificant in many other venues as well. Dig it?
    What you think of me or what you call me is at least as insignificant as a pimple on a flies ass, Dig that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't "call" you a racist, pr. I said that you are a racist and there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    You can call me a racist, but that does not make me racist. You are however, one of the boards biggest name calling liberals. You can't prove a damn thing, but you sure as hell can call the names. Your lack of substance is for all to see.

What you think of me or what you call me is at least as insignificant as a pimple on a flies ass, Dig that.
    I went for 3 years on the other board and at least a few months on this one without calling anyone names, pr, and you know it. I have been called many names and accused of ungodly actions and I have ignored it and you know that as well.

But, I decided that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander and I call names now as I deem appropriate to the individual to whom I am speaking. Am I wrong? BTW, I am no liberal. I am a moderate, fiscally conservative and socially libertarian Democrat.
    Last edited by Psychoblues; 06-21-2007 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't "call" you a racist, pr. I said that you are a racist and there is a difference.
    Psychobabble from Psychoblues. Your above statement is almost incomprehensible man. It isn't even spin or symantics. It's just pure hog wash.

I won't even spend any time defending the ACCUSATION from you that I'm a racist. I know I'm not, and you have nothing to prove otherwise. You just throw that crap out there and see if it sticks. Well son... it didn't. I'm fully aware of all you liberals tactics, and I'm not biting.