Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Gordon scores record fifth win at Indianapolis

Gordon wins his 5th Brickyard , Talk about good, out of 23 races there he has won 5 that is fantastic !!

Could this be the year that Gordon gets his next Championship ? I Don't remember exactly but I do know if they hadn't changed the way they crown a Champ Gordon would of had at least one more ( but I am thinking it was two ) but with the one I know he would of had plus this one ( if he won it that is ) he would be tied with Petty and Dale Sr. yes in my eyes that would make him the best of all times. Both Petty and Sr. where great but they raced when pushing cars out of the way was the norm, and frankly the talent ( IMO ) wasn't at the same level as it is now, they had great drivers back then but now most of the 43 starters are great driver and could win on any day.

Imagine being part of the Hendrix stables, not only does he have Gordon ( love or hate him he is a great driver ) he has Johnson ( who just may go down as the best of all times ) and ya can't forget the most popular driver in Nascar, Jr. and of course Kasey, who would of won the race yesterday if it wasn't for his teammate ( and that scenario has happened a few times ) yes Kasey is good just not as good as his teammates ( but on any other team he would be the star or right up top )

INDIANAPOLIS -- As he crossed the yard of bricks, and the significance of his fifth victory at Indianapolis Motor Speedway hit him like a ton of bricks, Jeff Gordon reveled in the moment that propelled him to victory in the Crown Royal presents, The John Wayne Walding 400 at the Brickyard.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...6277949&jb=189
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks jimnyc, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Of course I was pulling for Jimmie, but by lap 10 you knew Gordon would likely win the race. I was happy to see him win it. Same goes for the title, if it can't be Jimmie, I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff get another. Hell, even Junior has a damn good shot!

Kahne may be good, but he better win quick or he's done for this year!

4. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I wanted anyone on Hendrick's team to win. I was hoping Kasey would win so all four drivers are guaranteed for Cup. Yesterday Jeff broke the tie with JJ (4 wins each at Brickyard) next year should be interesting. See if JJ can tie it up again.

Kudo's to Jeff ... this was his 90th win in 22 years of racing!!!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I wanted anyone on Hendrick's team to win. I was hoping Kasey would win so all four drivers are guaranteed for Cup. Yesterday Jeff broke the tie with JJ (4 wins each at Brickyard) next year should be interesting. See if JJ can tie it up again.

Kudo's to Jeff ... this was his 90th win in 22 years of racing!!!
    SL you are like me, the last race I went to I looked for a hat that said Hendrix, yes anyone will do !!!

As far as Kasey goes I am afraid you are going to see him get gone real soon, there are to many big names bouncing around that would fit better, but I am not taking anything away from he, like I said put him on any other team and he is the team leader, but like Kyle Bush he just isn't strong enough for the Hendrix team, Kyle became a super star once he left Hendrix !!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

8. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post