Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    You're an idiot fanboy, go shoot some more snapshots of that ugly ass car.
    Yours?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What is funny about the first post in this thread is that if she is really using a Nikon then she is showing both creativity and a strong sense of individuality that none of the retarded lemmings are displaying(note that not only are they shooting with the same lens, they have the same shirt and are shooting in the same direction, looks typical of dufusses that believe every bribed article in generic digital camera magazine). Her shots are probably the best photographs, the others will just be amateurish snapshots of the same thing. Then again, who would waste any amount of time or effort shooting something like soccer.........all the shots will look exactly the same from the last game......who could possibly give a shit?

Again, where are you and where is your car?

You missed it -

What's REALLY funny is the person MAY be using a Canon, but the JOKE is - the point of the pic - the VAST MAJORITY of sports photographers use/choose CANON lenses and probably canon bodies too. And what is funny by a secondary nature is your juvenile, insecure attempts to defend the Frickin MODEL OF CAMERA you love so much.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

I personally like Kodak cameras.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Like, I've lost my Canon in the mud and the cheesy white lens isn't helping me find it, I still think it's like, really hot........really"
    Last edited by Sitarro; 10-21-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

"Like, I've lost my Canon in the mud and the cheesy white lens isn't helping me find it, I still think it's like, really hot........really"
    Do you have a point worth debating?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Do you have a point worth debating?
    I did. I am the one that brought up how successful Canon has been at marketing hype. You even agreed by pointing out how "all" sports photographers are using Canons and you refered to this picture of a bunch of retards from a Canon sponsored class as proof. I submit that Canon gave away equipment to high profile photographers in order to capture the fanboy market. And as for the white lenses, what a cute story about the overheating of the lens..... if it is that sensitive to heat, what does humidity do to it. It would seem to be overkill if there is even any truth to it at all..... I don't believe that silly explanantion, who would want an expensive lens for outdoor use that is so sensitive(it would be like hiring a gay hiking guide). It is exactly what I said and they don't want to admit it because it would show them to be what they are, a company that makes good cameras that have a brilliant marketing division. They have spent a tremendous amount of money building a fan base, I would rather a company that spends it on research. They know that the public will notice the guys on the sidelines of the football game with the white lens that says.....I'm a pro and I use Canon..... you are the one that got so put out by my observations almost as if I was stating my opinion on the looks of a car. Why should you care what I think?

By the way, if you put that old administrative hat on for a moment...... isn't it against the rules to reveal what someone wrote to you in a private message? Just curious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm not sure of your age, but weren't you around when Nikon lost their professional sports photographer market lead?

I've read that Nikon lost the sports market when Nikon and Canon AF first came to be. Canon's system was faster due to abandoning the old lens mount for the EF mount with AF motor in the lens. Once you become invested in a particular brand's system, it becomes cost prohibitive to switch sides unless there is a perceived advantage. Today, Nikon and Canon both have great focusing systems, but who wants to pay to switch?

I'd be willing to bet that painting the lenses with Fluorite elements white was originally an engineering decision. It is likely the primary reason today as well. Notice how Canon only paints their lenses with Fluorite elements white? If it were purely a marketing point, it would be very easy and inexpensive to paint all of their lenses white and cash in.

For the last 5ish years, Canon has thoroughly trounced Nikon with superior sensor technology. I think a lot of people jumped ship at that time as well. With their latest dSLRs, Nikon has pretty much caught up. It will be interesting to see if they are able to regain the market share they've lost this time around.
    It's easier to buy gear than talent.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm not sure of your age, but weren't you around when Nikon lost their professional sports photographer market lead?

I've read that Nikon lost the sports market when Nikon and Canon AF first came to be. Canon's system was faster due to abandoning the old lens mount for the EF mount with AF motor in the lens. Once you become invested in a particular brand's system, it becomes cost prohibitive to switch sides unless there is a perceived advantage. Today, Nikon and Canon both have great focusing systems, but who wants to pay to switch?

I'd be willing to bet that painting the lenses with Fluorite elements white was originally an engineering decision. It is likely the primary reason today as well. Notice how Canon only paints their lenses with Fluorite elements white? If it were purely a marketing point, it would be very easy and inexpensive to paint all of their lenses white and cash in.

For the last 5ish years, Canon has thoroughly trounced Nikon with superior sensor technology. I think a lot of people jumped ship at that time as well. With their latest dSLRs, Nikon has pretty much caught up. It will be interesting to see if they are able to regain the market share they've lost this time around.

Don't try to talk to him in a rational way, Jon. He's irrational, bitter; casting pearls before swine you are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't try to talk to him in a rational way, Jon. He's irrational, bitter; casting pearls before swine you are.
    Yea right, and you are an insecure fanboy that has to go through life telling everyone what an expert you are on everything that you have read a couple of magazines on. People that are really very good at what they do don't need to tell everyone constantly just how great they are. You post some snapshots and expect everyone to bow at your feet....... try learning a little about your craft rather than trying to buy talent.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Yea right, and you are an insecure fanboy that has to go through life telling everyone what an expert you are on everything that you have read a couple of magazines on. People that are really very good at what they do don't need to tell everyone constantly just how great they are. You post some snapshots and expect everyone to bow at your feet....... try learning a little about your craft rather than trying to buy talent.
    And you sit there not posting ANYTHING. I gave you a chance to back up your claims. If you don't like my photos, you're free to not-like them. But since you have posted NOTHING remotely good, you can feel free to get up off the computer, walk outside and play a game of hide-and-go-fuck-yourself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You've digressed, spent a lot of money to take cute snap shots....weak.
    You're not backing away from the challenge, are you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sitarro has already posted pics that he took, as has Darin. Anyone is free to look around the board, and see who has the better talent.

Hint: It ain't Sitarro, and he's the one that *supposedly* makes a living off it; albeit obviously not a good one, since he's pretty disgruntled at those who choose to buy better quality items because they can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Sitarro has already posted pics that he took, as has Darin. Anyone is free to look around the board, and see who has the better talent.

Hint: It ain't Sitarro, and he's the one that *supposedly* makes a living off it; albeit obviously not a good one, since he's pretty disgruntled at those who choose to buy better quality items because they can.
    I just figured out who you remind me of shattered..... remember Bernadette Peters in the longest yard, the Wardens secretary with the beehive hair, dead ringer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And you sit there not posting ANYTHING. I gave you a chance to back up your claims. If you don't like my photos, you're free to not-like them. But since you have posted NOTHING remotely good, you can feel free to get up off the computer, walk outside and play a game of hide-and-go-fuck-yourself.
    Rep comments/activity NOT allowed in a public Forum

Again I have to ask, shouldn't you ban yourself for posting a private message?

Private Messages - Any communication between members and/or staff via the private message system will remain private. Discussing of PM's on the forum without explicit permission will result in disciplinary action. The PM system should also not be used to harass other members.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Rep comments/activity NOT allowed in a public Forum

Again I have to ask, shouldn't you ban yourself for posting a private message?

Private Messages - Any communication between members and/or staff via the private message system will remain private. Discussing of PM's on the forum without explicit permission will result in disciplinary action. The PM system should also not be used to harass other members.
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't post a private message.