Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default BREAKING! Criminals in Chicago do NOT BUY THEIR GUNS LEGALLY!

Holy shitballs. This is breaking-stuff right now.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...uns-on-street/

A new study conducted by the University of Chicago Crime Lab, inmates in the Cook County jail said they get they guns on the streets from “personal connections” rather that outlets like guns shows and the Internet.

The study focused on “inmates who were facing gun charges or whose criminal background involved gun crimes.”

According to the Chicago-Tribune, Crime lab co-director Harold Pollack said the study shows that “some of the pathways [regarding guns] people are concerned about don’t seem so dominant.” He said very few inmates indicated using gun shows or the internet. Rather, they get the guns in undetectable ways on the street. He said the inmates know they run the risk of being caught by police but “were less concerned about getting caught by the cops than being put in the position of not having a gun to defend themselves and then getting shot.”

The vast majority of the inmates used handguns to commit their crimes or protect themselves, very few cited using “military-style assault weapons.” And they said their habit was to get rid of a gun after one year because of the “legal liability” of being caught with a gun that could be linked to crimes they or others committed.”
    See, idiot liberals? LOOK at this. Restricting NON-CRIMINALS from guns does NOTHING in Chicago to stop gun violence.

(sigh)

Maybe if people would stop humping like rabbits, stop having kids out of wedlock, stop raising kids to take what they want instead of earning what they have...Oh...NO...NO way...I mean, ANY single mom with 4 kids from 3 guys is JUST AS GOOD as a Husband and Wife. All she NEEDS is "Social Programs!" right?? RIGHT?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Maybe if people would stop humping like rabbits, stop having kids out of wedlock, stop raising kids to take what they want instead of earning what they have...oh...no...no way...i mean, any single mom with 4 kids from 3 guys is just as good as a husband and wife. All she needs is "social programs!" right?? Right?
    that's why it takes a village!!!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

3. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Same old argument and crossing a lot of threads. The logic seems to escape the illogical left. I can actually see where common sense can be applied, but gun control advocates have none. I'll jump on the bandwagon here and point out the fact these criminals do NOT own legal firearms. It's not just in Chicago. It's everywhere.

Hell-f-ing-o? These people are criminals. There's a clue there. They break the law. I feel like a GEICO commercial. That's what they do. If they're going to rob and kill you, what makes any nimrod think they're going to observe a gun control law? Oh yeah. They don't.

The stupidity of the left that can't enforce the laws on the books is mind-boggling that they think they can decree some dumbass rule and criminals are going to abide by it. They don't look at the root of the problem. Secure the damned border. All of these illegal weapons come and go as freely as the criminal illegal aliens that carry them. The left thinks you can fix problems with words. Try taking some action. It works.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Same old argument and crossing a lot of threads. The logic seems to escape the illogical left. I can actually see where common sense can be applied, but gun control advocates have none. I'll jump on the bandwagon here and point out the fact these criminals do NOT own legal firearms. It's not just in Chicago. It's everywhere.

Hell-f-ing-o? These people are criminals. There's a clue there. They break the law. I feel like a GEICO commercial. That's what they do. If they're going to rob and kill you, what makes any nimrod think they're going to observe a gun control law? Oh yeah. They don't.

The stupidity of the left that can't enforce the laws on the books is mind-boggling that they think they can decree some dumbass rule and criminals are going to abide by it. They don't look at the root of the problem. Secure the damned border. All of these illegal weapons come and go as freely as the criminal illegal aliens that carry them. The left thinks you can fix problems with words. Try taking some action. It works.
    I think the libs are far more devious than they appear.... their ultimate goal is to ban the ownership, sale and manufacture of firearms altogether. After all, it worked so well for illegal drugs!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

7. Thanks Gunny, darin, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I think the libs are far more devious than they appear.... their ultimate goal is to ban the ownership, sale and manufacture of firearms altogether. After all, it worked so well for illegal drugs!!
    I don't get the mentality of "if we make a law, it will work". We have immigration laws. We have gun control laws. We have drug laws. Any of them work that you know of? Hell we got states that have legalized marijuana. Separate argument, but the point is the same. What good's a law if you can't enforce it?

There's a weapons pipeline from Eastern Europe and China through Central America. It has nothing to do with law abiding citizens. It's a criminal enterprise. Same with drugs. And it all boils down to securing the southern border. But you have to think moves ahead. They've brought crap in by boat and plane in South FL since I was a teen. have to step up the Coast Guard as well.

I'm going with CSM. Clear, concise orders works. Words on paper enforce nothing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't get the mentality of "if we make a law, it will work". We have immigration laws. We have gun control laws. We have drug laws. Any of them work that you know of? Hell we got states that have legalized marijuana. Separate argument, but the point is the same. What good's a law if you can't enforce it?

There's a weapons pipeline from Eastern Europe and China through Central America. It has nothing to do with law abiding citizens. It's a criminal enterprise. Same with drugs. And it all boils down to securing the southern border. But you have to think moves ahead. They've brought crap in by boat and plane in South FL since I was a teen. have to step up the Coast Guard as well.

I'm going with CSM. Clear, concise orders works. Words on paper enforce nothing.
    Laws simply provide a means for punishing those who break them. They don't prevent anything. Murder has been a crime since Cain and Able went at it.... law enforcement doesn't prevent anything either but it does provide the resources to capture those who break the law....

On a side note, I am rather amused by those folks who will stand and watch while someone murders, rapes and assaults others (other than to whip out their cell phone and take a few pics), piss and moan about inanimate objects and how horrible they are but won't stand and fight for neither their own or another's security and freedom. Their bumper sticker motto seems to be "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!"
    Thomas Jefferson

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Laws simply provide a means for punishing those who break them. They don't prevent anything. Murder has been a crime since Cain and Able went at it.... law enforcement doesn't prevent anything either but it does provide the resources to capture those who break the law....

On a side note, I am rather amused by those folks who will stand and watch while someone murders, rapes and assaults others (other than to whip out their cell phone and take a few pics), piss and moan about inanimate objects and how horrible they are but won't stand and fight for neither their own or another's security and freedom. Their bumper sticker motto seems to be "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!"
    If THAT ain't no sh*t. You ain't going to talk ME to death. If you won't stand and fight, you are a waste of resources to me. Jump off a cliff for all I care. I ain't waiting on someone to figure out who killed me to show 20 minutes late. I don't care who gets punished if I'm 6 feet down. I'm 6 feet down. Society's outrage and drama queen act doesn't change that position. I'm still dead.