Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Loading Youtube videos

While in a post, click on the "film strip" icon:

Then simply place the URL of the youtube video in the box that opens up. That's it!

2. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Don't forget to mention that posting is easier when you click that "A/A" icon thingy in the upper left above "B..."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Don't forget to mention that posting is easier when you click that "A/A" icon thingy in the upper left above "B..."
    That places you in advanced editor mode. We can toggle between. One of them shows you the code live time. If you bold something, it's bold there. The other is the code side. If you bold something, you'll only see the coded B's around the bold portion until you actually submit the post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This isn't working for me. I click the filmstrip button, paste a YT link in there but nothing shows up. When I click 'Preview Post' I get a message saying the message I entered is too short.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motown View Post
    This isn't working for me. I click the filmstrip button, paste a YT link in there but nothing shows up. When I click 'Preview Post' I get a message saying the message I entered is too short.
    Which thread? And can you try posting the link in this thread?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Which thread? And can you try posting the link in this thread?
    Every thread. I have the same problem with posting pictures, the only way I can make the pictures work is to use the img html tags. The last video I tried to post was in the What are you listening to now III thread, here's the link:
    Last edited by Motown; 10-08-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It worked for me. If having trouble the long way - you can always just wrap VIDEO tags around the link, just as you would with the IMG tags.

The dialog box comes up, you place that link inside of it, you hit ok - and it never shows up inside the box here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Jim. I did just get it working but I have to use hjmick's suggestion to click the A/a button otherwise it still doesn't work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks Jim. I did just get it working but I have to use hjmick's suggestion to click the A/a button otherwise it still doesn't work.
    Go to "settings" at the top right of the board. Then scroll all the way to the bottom to the last set of options, see if "enhanced interface" is checked off or not.

Miscellaneous options - enhanced interface

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go to "settings" at the top right of the board. Then scroll all the way to the bottom to the last set of options, see if "enhanced interface" is checked off or not.

Miscellaneous options - enhanced interface
    It was on. I turned it off but it doesn't make a difference with video or pictures, I still have to click the A/a button. I'm going to log off and then log back on just to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what it was, everything works fine now that I've logged off and then back on. Thanks for your help Jim.

15. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It was on. I turned it off but it doesn't make a difference with video or pictures, I still have to click the A/a button. I'm going to log off and then log back on just to see if that makes a difference.
    Are you using Internet Explorer, I assume? Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome? I can't recall for sure, but I think it's an IE issue. Will have to wait till Abbey logs on, cause I think she experienced this at one point, not sure if she fixed or went to another browser?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That's what it was, everything works fine now that I've logged off and then back on. Thanks for your help Jim.
    Oh, shoot, even better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you using Internet Explorer, I assume? Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome? I can't recall for sure, but I think it's an IE issue. Will have to wait till Abbey logs on, cause I think she experienced this at one point, not sure if she fixed or went to another browser?
    I'm using IE but everything is working now. I don't like Chrome and I only use Firefox when I'm logged into Linux, I don't like using it with Windows.

19. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post