Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artur axmann View Post
    I wouldn't take Churchill's word for anything . When Drunk or Sober..
    While it's true that the Fuhrer had at one time dreams of expanding the reich into slavic held territory under soviet control, ;all these dreams were abandoned by 41-42
    The lack of resources and the inability to compete with the Brit navy convinced the fuhrer to drive south eastward toward Iran .
    To cut the brits off from the canal and to acquire oil from Iran.
    it was all ad hoc after that especially when Rommel couldn't hold on to bengazi .. you've heard of bengazi haven't you..
    This led the fuhrer to decide the only other course which was, to level a knockout punch to the soviets in light of the fact that war with stalin was inevitable.
    I don't know about anyone else, but my head hurt while attempting to comprehend such insanely convoluted logic.
    I can't wait for your Holocaust Denial thread. It ought to be a doozy.

2. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but my head hurt while attempting to comprehend such insanely convoluted logic.
    I can't wait for your Holocaust Denial thread. It ought to be a doozy.
    I can't wait for you to tell me with what you disagree on.

or do you enjoy making childish blather .. still in your comic book phase. ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Try addressing the topic instead of the people (am I actually defending Gabby? )

You're not even a good troll.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Gaffer, hjmick, BoogyMan, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Stalingrad.

The order to stand and hold was the correct order .Despite the debacle at Stalingrad. .. An order to retreat would've led to a snowball effect all along the caucuses .. and eventually the entire eastern front would have felt the landslide.
    Good order Fuhrer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Artur. Look at how disgusting you really are when EVERYONE ELSE is trying to imitate, and emulate you.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Artur. Look at how disgusting you really are when EVERYONE ELSE is trying to imitate, and emulate you.
    more childish nonsense..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

more childish nonsense..

Thanks for the compliment. It seems imitation (in your case) really is the sincerest form of whatever you think YOU are.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The order to stand and hold was the correct order .Despite the debacle at Stalingrad. .. An order to retreat would've led to a snowball effect all along the caucuses .. and eventually the entire eastern front would have felt the landslide.
    Good order Fuhrer.
    So you're flunking History, too?

Newsflash: The Eastern Front DID collapse. Falling back and consolidating forces on a defensive perimeter would have been the wisest course of action. Instead, your Hero, the strategic and tactical moron, lost an entire Army.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So you're flunking History, too?

Newsflash: The Eastern Front DID collapse. Falling back and consolidating forces on a defensive perimeter would have been the wisest course of action. Instead, your Hero, the strategic and tactical moron, lost an entire Army.
    I don't think so. Falling back and consolidating was an option but was regarded as unfeasable by the General Staff. While an army was lost ,the front held ,and that was what we hoped to do under some very difficult set of circumstances.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post

certainly !!!!

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

to take this on another turn.

The inside history of WWII

I tend to be interested in background, motives, politics, concepts, backing, spys and money, more than the battles.
    along that line recommend a couple of Books
    Nazi Nexus: America's Corporate Connections to Hitler's Holocaust
    by Edwin Black
    It's a follow up and broader than his previous
    IBM and the Holocaust.
    In each he documents, with thick paper trails, the financial and industrial support of the various NAZI programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by from Amazon
    Nazi Nexus is the long-awaited wrap-up in a single explosive volume that details the pivotal corporate American connection to the Holocaust. The biggest names and crimes are all there. IBM and its facilitation of the identification and accelerated destruction of the Jews; General Motors and its rapid motorization of the German military enabling the conquest of Europe and the capture of Jews everywhere; Ford Motor Company for its political inspiration; the Rockefeller Foundation for its financing of deadly eugenic science and the program that sent Mengele into Auschwitz; the Carnegie Institution for its proliferation of the concept of race science, racial laws, and the very mathematical formula used to brand the Jews for progressive destruction; and others.
    While his research makes clear the U.S. corporate complicity in the rise of Nazi war machine but it's covered, maybe more forth rightly, by Anthony Sutton in Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler
    again well documented

Quote Originally Posted by From an Amazon reader
    ...This book demonstrates how "American" multinational corporations, who entered into cartel agreements with I.G. Farben, German General Electric, and a few other firms allowed the Nazis to greatly increase the ability of Germany to wage war. Without many of the processes developed by American firms being given to the Germans, there is NO WAY that the Nazis could have fought as long as as hard as they did.
    Many Wall Street firms floated the loans to the German firms, allowing them to build their cartels which would later cost Americans and their allies many billions of dollars and millions of lives. The fact that there were Americans, some of them Jews like the Warburgs, on the Board of Directors of these same cartels that formed the Nazi war machine is mentioned. Sutton asks the obvious question. Why weren't the American members of these firms brought up on war crime charges like their German colleagues? I guess the obvious answer is that their American counterparts had influence in the conquering governments.
    Sutton also shows how ITT(International Telephone and Telegraph), G.E., Ford, and Standard Oil had no problem supplying both sides of the war. International financiers, of course, had no problem floating loans to both sides either. I guess that this should come as no surprise. Businessmen are motivated by profits first and patriotism second, if at all.
    This book is yet another demonstration of what Carroll Quigley meant by the close-knit ramifications of international financial capitalism. For critics of foreign aid and other such pracitces, here is another example of how it can come back to haunt the citizens of the lending country, while the elites laugh their way to the bank.
    Some here may dismiss this out of hand , but check the docs they use.
    Internal records of the corps themselves, congressional records and investigations, German corporate files, and Nazi records. news reports of the day of American corporate leaders IN Germany receiving awards for helping Nazi industry. the Head of IBM even got the Highest award that a Non-German could get from the Nazi Gov't.

Chamberlain may have been able to stop Hitler by fighting earlier , but Germany would never have had the war machine to fight or the tech to track the Jews if it had not been for American businesses financial/industrial support and often political agreement.

sigh, let the denials begin, "i never heard to his it can't be true... how did they get these so-called docs... you conspiracy theorist... i can't even imagine this is true so i won't look at it at all... and i don't want to know that the world is like that.... Is this info left or right wing so i can know if it's ok for me to consider this..."
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I don't think so. Falling back and consolidating was an option but was regarded as unfeasable by the General Staff. While an army was lost ,the front held ,and that was what we hoped to do under some very difficult set of circumstances.
    Wrong.

Hitler's commanders begged him to allow them to retreat, and he refused, ensuring defeat when they became encircled at Stalingrad. Had they been allowed to retreat and consolidate, the situation may have been salvaged. Hitler even promoted Friedrich Paulus to Field Marshal under some sort of mystical belief that it would change the course of the battle, because no German Field Marshal had ever been captured. Paulus surrendered the next day.

He was an idiot and it's a testament to his military commanders that they did as well as they did considering his continual meddling in affairs that were way beyond his understanding.

It also didn't help that he was addicted to amphetamines and had syphilis. Nothing like having an STD riddled drug addict running a world war!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

16. Thanks Gunny, namvet, Gaffer thanked this post