Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Nothing quite like making political hay out of an accident that has scarred a human being for life, right Gabs?

Just as classless as ever. Damn shame your money can't buy you some...

That being said...

An instructor whose abilities to instruct are certainly questionable is dead. With any luck at all, he has no family.

A nine-year-old scarred for life, her parent or parents will question their judgment for years to come.

A shooting range with no apparent age limit for automatic weapons. Certainly that should be looked in to...

Tragedy on many levels. Poor judgment all around.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

3. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain, Gaffer, Jeff, Redrose and 2 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Nothing quite like making political hay out of an accident that has scarred a human being for life, right Gabs?

Just as classless as ever. Damn shame your money can't buy you some...

That being said...

An instructor whose abilities to instruct are certainly questionable is dead. With any luck at all, he has no family.

A nine-year-old scarred for life, her parent or parents will question their judgment for years to come.

A shooting range with no apparent age limit for automatic weapons. Certainly that should be looked in to...

Tragedy on many levels. Poor judgment all around.
    "Stuff" happens. Guess what happens when you're a TMI and a recruit drops an armed grenade? You jump through your ass FAST, or get get blown through it. I didn't bother watching the video nor responding until you did. The fact is, if you are a firearms instructor and YOU get shot, you suck.

I CAN say I have a bit of an issue with putting an UZI in the hands of a 9 years old. Bad judgement right there. Just to be clear, I'm not on the side of ANYONE attacking the 2nd Amendment. But I DO have common sense. Let's start with a BB gun or a single action .22.

I honestly don't see the point to having an UZI. To each his own. But I'm seeing recipe for disaster through bad judgement here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks hjmick, NightTrain, Jeff, red state, Abbey Marie and 2 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Stuff" happens. Guess what happens when you're a TMI and a recruit drops an armed grenade? You jump through your ass FAST, or get get blown through it. I didn't bother watching the video nor responding until you did. The fact is, if you are a firearms instructor and YOU get shot, you suck.

I CAN say I have a bit of an issue with putting an UZI in the hands of a 9 years old. Bad judgement right there. Just to be clear, I'm not on the side of ANYONE attacking the 2nd Amendment. But I DO have common sense. Let's start with a BB gun or a single action .22.

I honestly don't see the point to having an UZI. To each his own. But I'm seeing recipe for disaster through bad judgement here.

Yeah, when I first heard the story this afternoon, my first thought was, what kind of moron puts an Uzi in the hands of a nine-year-old child? What kind of moron allows said child to fire the Uzi without some help controlling it? And what were her parents thinking?

I believe the shooting range owns the Uzi, guests can rent it. They do it Vegas as well. I've always meant to try a Thompson...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

7. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, Drummond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah, when I first heard the story this afternoon, my first thought was, what kind of moron puts an Uzi in the hands of a nine-year-old child? What kind of moron allows said child to fire the Uzi without some help controlling it? And what were her parents thinking?

I believe the shooting range owns the Uzi, guests can rent it. They do it Vegas as well. I've always meant to try a Thompson...
    You're a grown man. You DO know Thompson's are .45 ACP right? Hold on.

Like I said, bad judgement in my opinion. You don't hand a 9 years old an UZI. That is nothing but a killing machine. That's what it's designed to do.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

So is my 1911. But I'm betting the Thompson has a bit more kick to it. Just a bit...

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Funny you guys should mention a Thompson... I have a friend that's trying to sell one right now. Still in the packing crate, never been fired, .45 ACP with a 50-round drum and a 30 round clip. Steel receiver, not the aluminum one... military spec made during the Vietnam era. It's been downgraded to semi-auto so that you don't need the license to have it... real simple to make her full auto again though.

Never been fired, he wants $1400 for it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Behold!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

The wife says I can't have $1,400.00...

<sad face>

16. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, Abbey Marie, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Exactly what I was thinking. There is enough fault here to go around. The parents and the venue operators are equally at fault. Of course, the parents will be filing a huge lawsuit blaming the owners for manifesting their own stupidity and lack of judgment.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The Left will never let a good tragedy go to waste !!!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

20. Thanks Gaffer, Gunny, hjmick, Redrose, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. There is enough fault here to go around. The parents and the venue operators are equally at fault. Of course, the parents will be filing a huge lawsuit blaming the owners for manifesting their own stupidity and lack of judgment.

They're from New Jersey, it's to be expected.

Oh, and damn you! You make it difficult to stay annoyed with you, and that's damn annoying...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The Left will never let a good tragedy go to waste !!!
    ... and, sure enough, they're not ....

The BBC has a proven capacity for 'just happening' to overlook stories, or aspects to stories, it doesn't much like. This story, however, made their mainstream domestic output, and has been a prominent item, for around 11 hours now.

Just one more story they'll use to try and drum home the message, here, that gun ownership is 'not a desirable thing'. As if our gun laws, and the climate that feeds it, aren't stringent enough already ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

It's not that the coverage, so far, anyway, is particularly contentious. But its prominence is designed to fuel the likelihood of heated controversy.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

23. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Like I said, bad judgement in my opinion. You don't hand a 9 years old an UZI. That is nothing but a killing machine. That's what it's designed to do.
    A firing range in New Hampshire offered my youngest a machine gun to which he replied, "Any idiot can hit a target with that." He chose a Glock 9mm.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I started my boy with a home-made bow as soon as he could practically walk. When he was two, I got him his first bb gun (supervised of course). At age 3 or 4, I started letting him pop balloons with a 22. bolt action (at 30 yards). By the time he was 5, he had harvested his first deer (a doe). At age six, he took a six pt. buck. He has improved ever since but I could never get that boy to shoot a pistol (even though he has shot and taken deer with a 45/70.....which kicks like a darn mule!!! I've noticed that many kids who were brought up shooting, have a HIGH safety record and will often refuse to shoot some firearms. Partially because they know better and, of course, because they fear it (respect it). By the way, I had to trick my son in shooting the weapon he took his first two deer with. It was a brand new lefty Browning 30.06 stainless steel composite stock bolt action I told him that he'd been shooting so well that I got him a new super rifle like the old 22 for his hunt. Not really a lie since it was SUPER compared to the 30.06. (also a bolt action). HA! In the excitement, he never felt or noticed the kick (although there was very little kick out of our military load with 90 grain hollow points). When he was seven, he no longer needed to prop the gun off of the 2X4 safety rests in our permanent deer stands.

Having said all of this, in no way would have wanted him to or allowed him to shoot a full auto like that girl did. It is simply too much gun with too much that can happen. Besides, I couldn't have paid him to shoot it. What's strange about the boy (a soon to be 21 year old man in a few days) is that he has always wanted to and dreams of having a Barrett 50 cal sniper rifle. He's good.....I believe he could have been a sharp shooter in the military. Only problem is; he refuses to serve under this president and so do I. That last bit was for certain folks here who simply can't stand my bringing B.O. into the discussion. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

27. Thanks Jeff thanked this post