Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default tubs and shower stalls

what a drag. the 12" extension saves on my back and knees and all that scrubbing. and does the job in a fraction of the time it used to. I also have wire brush's for grill cleaning

god I luv power tools

2. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain, Redrose, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I've got a couple of those. 12 and 18". They help you drill through a wall without having to measure on both sides and get it right.

Got to say though, that cordless looks pretty weak.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks namvet thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've got a couple of those. 12 and 18". They help you drill through a wall without having to measure on both sides and get it right.

Got to say though, that cordless looks pretty weak.
    looks are deceiving. plenty of torque. its 1/2" to. its just for indoor use

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    looks are deceiving. plenty of torque. its 1/2" to. its just for indoor use
    Just at you. I do commercial construction as an electrician. I know you probably don't need the high speed low drag top of the line cordless for home use. I figured it was 1/2" because of the size of the hole saw. Kind of hard to get that on a 3/8s.

And I DO love the extensions. I've got an 18" 1/4" bit that has saved me a LOT of work. But when the spouse used to say "bathroom" I would point to the patch over my pocket that said "electrician".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks namvet thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Just at you. I do commercial construction as an electrician. I know you probably don't need the high speed low drag top of the line cordless for home use. I figured it was 1/2" because of the size of the hole saw. Kind of hard to get that on a 3/8s.

And I DO love the extensions. I've got an 18" 1/4" bit that has saved me a LOT of work. But when the spouse used to say "bathroom" I would point to the patch over my pocket that said "electrician".
    I live in a community now and they do all the maintainence. in and out. so i enjoy sitting on the patio and watch them do the repairs and cut the lawn. got a problem?? dial up em up. this is just for routine inside cleaning. but yeah extensions are great. in my case i can do it standing up. back and knee problems are catching up with me. its a bitch gettin' old

10. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I live in a community now and they do all the maintainence. in and out. so i enjoy sitting on the patio and watch them do the repairs and cut the lawn. got a problem?? dial up em up. this is just for routine inside cleaning. but yeah extensions are great. in my case i can do it standing up. back and knee problems are catching up with me. its a bitch gettin' old
    As I sit here, I have on a knee brace, ankle brace, and elbow wrap and am dodging a hip replacement. Ironman's gonna envy me pretty soon. So I hear ya' loud and clear.

I just refuse to back down from the position I've been put in. I don't lose. 'Nother story though.

12. Thanks namvet, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Those extensions are life savers. I have a few of them, too.

Cordless have really come a long way, I have all DeWalt stuff. A few of my coworkers have all Milwaukee and look down on DeWalt, but they can go to hell! My favorite is a lightweight cordless impact 3/8 gun, it's been very impressive. I drove a 5/8" x 5" lag screw into a telephone pole with it down in Ketchikan a while back without drilling a pilot hole. I didn't think she'd do it, but it did. It was pretty hot afterwards, though!

Didn't know you were an electrician, Gunny. I'm on the Telecom side of the house, but we've got a few Sparkies on staff - I don't like playing with AC. That shit hurts. Not that 300 amps from the battery bank won't fry you quickly, but DC is a bit more... predictable... in my view.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Gunny, namvet, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

As I sit here, I have on a knee brace, ankle brace, and elbow wrap and am dodging a hip replacement. Ironman's gonna envy me pretty soon. So I hear ya' loud and clear.

I just refuse to back down from the position I've been put in. I don't lose. 'Nother story though.
    stairs were becoming hard for me to take. mowing the lawn snow removal and and other shit i used to do. had to start farming all this crap out. so the wife and I decided to sell our home and move to this no maintenance home. I now have a ranch style with no stairs. BTY i have a painful hip problem to. so move over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Cordless have really come a long way, I have all DeWalt stuff. A few of my coworkers have all Milwaukee and look down on DeWalt, but they can go to hell! My favorite is a lightweight cordless impact 3/8 gun, it's been very impressive. I drove a 5/8" x 5" lag screw into a telephone pole with it down in Ketchikan a while back without drilling a pilot hole. I didn't think she'd do it, but it did. It was pretty hot afterwards, though!

Didn't know you were an electrician, Gunny. I'm on the Telecom side of the house, but we've got a few Sparkies on staff - I don't like playing with AC. That shit hurts. Not that 300 amps from the battery bank won't fry you quickly, but DC is a bit more... predictable... in my view.

when I worked for Sony this was the average size we used. 2.4V but the damned thing has a lotta torque

• Compact and lightweight
    • 6-stage clutch
    • Easily converts from straight to pistol form for accurate drilling
    • Capable of 2 ft.-lbs. (26 in.-lbs.) of torque
    • 2-speed gear box (0-200/0-400 RPM)
    • The large rocker-switch is conveniently placed within reach of your thumb and changes drill or driving from forward to reverse
    • Multi-stage clutch plus drill setting prevents overtightening
    • The ergonomic design ensures drill driver is well balanced and easy to operate for long periods of time without fatigue
    • Fully charges battery in 15 minutes

they also made extensions for these

17. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I have Milwaukee. But i was more of a defensive move. Everyone has Dewalt. But you can't steal my Milwaukee stuff and make your Dewalt work. Nowadays it's about half n half from what I've seen and I never had too much problem with either brand.

I don't "play" with AC. I know what I'm doing. I haven't been hit in over 12 years. As long as you know it's the amps that'll kick your ass and not the volts, you're ahead of the game. I've been hit with 277 volts ungrounded. Just a shock. WHen I was a rookie, I got hit by it grounded and got knocked off an 8 footer. That happened only once. That's Rule #1: make sure you aren't grounded. That rule is above all others. Electricity is going to ground and it has no problem using you to do it.

I know I do stuff that would make the average person freak. I'll work stuff hot because I know how. My grandfather was an electrician, btw. In no way do I endorse the average joe to do the same. That shit will kill. Turn it off. Lot easier and quicker. Be safe, dude.

And I thought about running cable, but then I thought about all the attics I'd be in and just scratched that plan.

19. Thanks NightTrain, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

stairs were becoming hard for me to take. mowing the lawn snow removal and and other shit i used to do. had to start farming all this crap out. so the wife and I decided to sell our home and move to this no maintenance home. I now have a ranch style with no stairs. BTY i have a painful hip problem to. so move over.

The ladders are killing me. What's REALLY sad is, I'm 54, damaged all over, and I can still out work the 20 years olds. I kept getting ticked off when I went back to work because I couldn't do what I used to be able to. Then I looked around. Pathetic. I was out-working them anyway.

But yeah, I've lived hard and it catches up eventually.

I'd do it again the same damned way. I had a blast.

21. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I have Milwaukee. But i was more of a defensive move. Everyone has Dewalt. But you can't steal my Milwaukee stuff and make your Dewalt work. Nowadays it's about half n half from what I've seen and I never had too much problem with either brand.

I don't "play" with AC. I know what I'm doing. I haven't been hit in over 12 years. As long as you know it's the amps that'll kick your ass and not the volts, you're ahead of the game. I've been hit with 277 volts ungrounded. Just a shock. WHen I was a rookie, I got hit by it grounded and got knocked off an 8 footer. That happened only once. That's Rule #1: make sure you aren't grounded. That rule is above all others. Electricity is going to ground and it has no problem using you to do it.

I know I do stuff that would make the average person freak. I'll work stuff hot because I know how. My grandfather was an electrician, btw. In no way do I endorse the average joe to do the same. That shit will kill. Turn it off. Lot easier and quicker. Be safe, dude.

And I thought about running cable, but then I thought about all the attics I'd be in and just scratched that plan.
    i never worked with high AC. just what come's out the wall. I did most of my work with DC. including TV's that ran as high as 27-35KV. had to work it under full power so every so often I got bit. but the side effect was great. cleared up my sinus's. I could breathe again

23. Thanks NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Oh, I haven't pulled residential cable since I was an apprentice... that crap got old in a hurry. These days I do integrations and play mostly with fiber & microwave. Last time I got bit was back in my apprentice days and I was on top of a 10 footer and the sparky apprentice had left live 277 without the wire nuts on the stripped ends. I leaned over the frame of the drop ceiling and that 277 went to work... for some reason that particular voltage hurts worse than the others.

The sparky apprentice saw it happen and thought it was funny, and he almost got a speed tune - I started coming off my ladder and his foreman grabbed him and steered him out of the room. He found me later after I cooled off and apologized.

I do hot work on DC as well... many of the cell sites we're working on can't go offline because of 911 traffic. I do it but I don't care for it and we turn it down whenever possible - shit happens and I try not to tempt fate. I have a nice set of hot tools and the mandatory rubber mat - the company credit card is generous whenever I want more tools. They never question safety.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

25. Thanks namvet, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Oh, I haven't pulled residential cable since I was an apprentice... that crap got old in a hurry. These days I do integrations and play mostly with fiber & microwave. Last time I got bit was back in my apprentice days and I was on top of a 10 footer and the sparky apprentice had left live 277 without the wire nuts on the stripped ends. I leaned over the frame of the drop ceiling and that 277 went to work... for some reason that particular voltage hurts worse than the others.

The sparky apprentice saw it happen and thought it was funny, and he almost got a speed tune - I started coming off my ladder and his foreman grabbed him and steered him out of the room. He found me later after I cooled off and apologized.

I do hot work on DC as well... many of the cell sites we're working on can't go offline because of 911 traffic. I do it but I don't care for it and we turn it down whenever possible - shit happens and I try not to tempt fate. I have a nice set of hot tools and the mandatory rubber mat - the company credit card is generous whenever I want more tools. They never question safety.
    its not the voltage you feel but the current. and I felt my share

27. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

277 and 208 or 240 hurt worse because they blow you off. However, 120 will kill you quicker. Because it only "tingles" and you think you can handle it, you're not as afraid. 277 is one leg of 480 volts. That neutral will knock you flat. It's "dirty" voltage. The return amps from all the damned lights attached to it. THAT sucks.

I don't have any "hot" tools. I've seen how you cable guys have a pouch full of useless tool. Give me 9" linesman's, a 10-in-one and I can do most anything. Of course you KNOW I have the duct tape and tie-wire on hand too!