Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ever read any of my posts? I have a complete definition of right and wrong. I also understand the dynamics in play REAL well. I took a dead board and made it one of the most successful on the internet. Then I crashed and burned. You start getting so wrapped around this crap and taking it personally and it will eat you up. I understand the psychology of the antagonists very well. And you've NEVER seen me drunk and lighting into one of them. A few folk here have. And guess what? They won. They got what they wanted. There's nothing anyone has to say on a message board that is that important.

I have no problem with AT and I am not questioning his patriotism, nor have I. And I'm speaking for myself. I'm not on staff and have nothing to do with control nor operation of this board. The dynamic is simple: you run people off and/or don't let them speak, people quit coming. That's not just bad for the board, it's bad for everyone. The board has a reputation as a one-sided, ultra-conservative stronghold. But what's the point to its existence if you have no one to argue with? We just sit around and slap each other on the back and agree? Yea.

I don't have to like someone nor agree with them, but free speech is free speech, right?
    A very good answer .. thank you ! I'm not moved to disagree with / challenge your points -- except, maybe, for just one ...

You say that this board has a reputation as one sided, ultra-conservative ? Well, if so, I say that this is no bad thing. But any suggestion that this is any barrier to 'the opposition' coming on here and giving their views their best shot, surely needn't (- and doesn't -) follow ?

Anyone strongly-enough motivated to give their views an airing, will do so. Some Left wingers might consider a 'one sided, ultra-conservative' site a challenge not to be avoided ! And, I say .. good luck to them, if they want to come on here and put their opposers to the test.

I can cite two notable examples of that. One concerned a right-wing discussion site which suffered the handicap of being very poorly administered. Along came election year, and with it, a deluge of applications from troll posters to join the site. They did so, and promptly deluged the site with troll posts.

I'm talking really nasty stuff .. one wishing death to a serving soldier on tour in Iraq. Another taunting a woman poster whose father had just died. Thanks to its poor regulation, these trolls even managed to post as regular posters, and drive wedges between former friends ...

My experience from that site suggested to me that the Left had no interest in fair dialogue .. just purely destructive offerings, meant to hurt and enrage people, to say nothing of establish near-terminal chaos.

The other example involved a British Left-wing site I was kicked off of, after six weeks. The Mod chiefly responsible then tracked me to an American right-wing site (NOT this one), joined it, and proceeded to post his rubbish. If I tell you his monicker was 'Marxist Nutter' (which it literally was), you get a good idea of what he posted.

He tested his 'views' .. and then some. Several weeks in .. and he gave up, realising he was getting nowhere. He may still be a member of that site (he was never kicked off), but to my knowledge he never returned. Which was entirely his choice, of course. He couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. Fair enough, and HIS CHOICE, is what I say to that.

My points are these ... Left-wingers will take on a site such as this one if they want to, regardless of what it's known to be. If they choose to stick with it, nothing - apart from their own decision-making, and chosen conduct - impedes that choice. So 'reputational deterrence' is not an argument which I think has any real merit to it, and my experiences show me I'm right.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Jeezus people - let's cool off while I sort through the rubble and try to re-establish the thread.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    A very good answer .. thank you ! I'm not moved to disagree with / challenge your points -- except, maybe, for just one ...

You say that this board has a reputation as one sided, ultra-conservative ? Well, if so, I say that this is no bad thing. But any suggestion that this is any barrier to 'the opposition' coming on here and giving their views their best shot, surely needn't (- and doesn't -) follow ?

Anyone strongly-enough motivated to give their views an airing, will do so. Some Left wingers might consider a 'one sided, ultra-conservative' site a challenge not to be avoided ! And, I say .. good luck to them, if they want to come on here and put their opposers to the test.

I can cite two notable examples of that. One concerned a right-wing discussion site which suffered the handicap of being very poorly administered. Along came election year, and with it, a deluge of applications from troll posters to join the site. They did so, and promptly deluged the site with troll posts.

I'm talking really nasty stuff .. one wishing death to a serving soldier on tour in Iraq. Another taunting a woman poster whose father had just died. Thanks to its poor regulation, these trolls even managed to post as regular posters, and drive wedges between former friends ...

My experience from that site suggested to me that the Left had no interest in fair dialogue .. just purely destructive offerings, meant to hurt and enrage people, to say nothing of establish near-terminal chaos.

The other example involved a British Left-wing site I was kicked off of, after six weeks. The Mod chiefly responsible then tracked me to an American right-wing site (NOT this one), joined it, and proceeded to post his rubbish. If I tell you his monicker was 'Marxist Nutter' (which it literally was), you get a good idea of what he posted.

He tested his 'views' .. and then some. Several weeks in .. and he gave up, realising he was getting nowhere. He may still be a member of that site (he was never kicked off), but to my knowledge he never returned. Which was entirely his choice, of course. He couldn't stand the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. Fair enough, and HIS CHOICE, is what I say to that.

My points are these ... Left-wingers will take on a site such as this one if they want to, regardless of what it's known to be. If they choose to stick with it, nothing - apart from their own decision-making, and chosen conduct - impedes that choice. So 'reputational deterrence' is not an argument which I think has any real merit to it, and my experiences show me I'm right.
    You ARE the one that mentioned dynamics, correct? Here's a dynamic for you ....

Leftwingers are sheep. They hide in their dirty little cities and huddle together being afraid of "the big, bad wolf". They usually have a couple of rams around that'll butt heads with someone, but they generally have no balls about anything, including their own self-preservation. But they LOVE to bleet. They'll stand in their huddled masses and bleet at you all day.

I meant nothing disparaging when I said "ultra conservative stronghold". BUT ... why would any of the above come here? They're hiding on their own little boards where they all can slap each other on the back and anyone that comes there is immediately dogpiled by whatever backstabbing means are available. They don't debate topics with you. They neg rep you. They go into PM and spread a bunch of untrue BS about you. What incentive do they have to come HERE?

To be treated in EXACTLY the same manner they treat others?

You let them say what they want (within reason of course). What are words on a screen REALLY going to do to you? You can back out of a thread, shut down your computer or just walk away. You enforce the rules equally and fairly, regardless your personal beliefs and who they support and/or oppose.

And no matter what, the staff is ALWAYS wrong. No matter what. If I don't get my way and you don't change your whole flippin' board to kiss MY a$$, you're unfair, a liberal, a Republican, tyrant, a$$hole, unfair .. et al. I have heard them all. Even been called gay. And you STILL aren't going to win. In the end, they can move/delete your crap and make you disappear. SO it's kind of pointless isn't it?

Anyone that wants everything THEIR way, go start your own board. You get to make the rules. Have fun. Except you aren't going to and it will eat you alive if you let it.

I appreciate your post and respect your opinion, but I think when it comes to "experience", I'll go with mine.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default NO.

Suddenly. Everyone here has become the judge, and sole decision maker who feels a need to scold another member, telling him/her to LET IT GO.

Sure thing. If I tried to tell all of you to let it go. You would all be switching to "IGNORE" so fast. Your heads would spin.

What I am reading here is. Much like a sounding board from the WHITE HOUSE.

I am only permitted to rant, offer my opinion, suggest, or display what I feel...SO LONG AS it doesn't offend, insult, anger, bother, or fall into disagreement with even ONE other member.

What's the sense of having what is called a FAIR Forum, where we can feel comfortable using our Freedom to Speak, if, we are always going to be warned, or begged to LET IT GO?

All of you should take the time to go back and actually READ what most of you have posted here.
    More often than not. The name calling, accusations, attempts to always get that LAST WORD, put down each other,
    sound rhetorically and semantically correct to belittle, and condescend with a smile on your face...playing GOTCHA, just
    seems more like a classroom full of children, where the teacher hasn't arrived, and everyone has their own CHALK to write on the board.
    What I find even more disturbing lately. When I used my CATCH-22 reference is. How few of you, who claim to be so much more highly intelligent...Didn't even know what Catch-22 meant.
    With everything taking place around the World, and even to crap holes like Furguson.
    The selfishness of our general society in the "ME" and "I" generation of Near Absolute Ignorance, often shown here. Really scares the daylights out me. Knowing and watching how our nation is sliding downward into desperation of Pretend Intelligence.

Call me whatever you want. I don't belong here anymore. Everybody is expert at everything, so nothing anyone else tries to say means diddely.
    Last edited by aboutime; 08-29-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Suddenly. Everyone here has become the judge, and sole decision maker who feels a need to scold another member, telling him/her to LET IT GO.

Sure thing. If I tried to tell all of you to let it go. You would all be switching to "IGNORE" so fast. Your heads would spin.

I am only permitted to rant, offer my opinion, suggest, or display what I feel...SO LONG AS it doesn't offend, insult, anger, bother, or fall into disagreement with even ONE other member.

What's the sense of having what is called a FAIR Forum, where we can feel comfortable using our Freedom to Speak, if, we are always going to be warned, or begged to LET IT GO?

All of you should take the time to go back and actually READ what most of you have posted here.
    More often than not. The name calling, accusations, attempts to always get that LAST WORD, put down each other,
    sound rhetorically and semantically correct to belittle, and condescend with a smile on your face...playing GOTCHA, just
    seems more like a classroom full of children, where the teacher hasn't arrived, and everyone has their own CHALK to write on the board.
    What I find even more disturbing lately. When I used my CATCH-22 reference is. How few of you, who claim to be so much more highly intelligent...Didn't even know what Catch-22 meant.
    With everything taking place around the World, and even to crap holes like Furguson.
    The selfishness of our general society in the "ME" and "I" generation of Near Absolute Ignorance, often shown here. Really scares the daylights out me. Knowing and watching how our nation is sliding downward into desperation of Pretend Intelligence.

Call me whatever you want. I don't belong here anymore. Everybody is expert at everything, so nothing anyone else tries to say means diddely.
    Where did anyone state anything like what is in bold? You had a picture removed. ONE PICTURE. And it was of a tampon. Now you are in the cage, post as many as you like. But you're going to act like the board is now somehow unfair?

But if you're going to leave over this, that one picture somehow has totally changed the way the board is - I wish you best in your travels. Be safe.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post

I am not nor was I scolding you. Where is your mind, dude? As one member to another, I was trying to talk you down. That's it. I have no authority here. I don't want any. But I'm not exactly your average bravo male.

You're acting like a baby. Walk away and get your shit together and you'll see no one is against you. I can take a good guess at what your problem is, but I'm not going to put on this board. If you need help, get some. But no one here is your enemy. And if you want help, PM me. Nobody can help you if you don't help yourself.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, ask Jim or Darin or Abbey or CSM or shattered or shadow or mick or almost anyone else on this board that knows me. I CAN be a monster. And I know EXACTLY what causes it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke