Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Human Behavior

It's so predictable. Especially if you spend any time as an analyst. There are only so many traits. It's the combination that makes us different. Take for instance, internet personalities. SO predictable, and leopards never change their spots.

Take me for example. I'm a universally recognized mean-ass a-hole. Especially when I used to drink. I could make so many "friends" I'd get banned on more than one board in one day.

There are plenty more. I REALLY love the ones that always think they're so damned smarter than everyone else they constantly underestimate others. They have always been my favorites. People who think they're smarter than everyone, think their actions are above reproach and no one can see them, are ALWAYS the most obvious and easy to read.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond, Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the wildcard though, interaction through the interwebs has limitations.

Things often are taken out of context because reading the written word is sometimes much different than seeing facial expressions, body language, etc. when that word is spoken. I'm sure everyone's texted something to their significant other at one time and wound up in the doghouse over it unintentionally.

The other part is - the interwebs medium only allows a certain amount of perception to pass through. I see this all the time, I'm accused of being arrogant because I have strong opinions on certain subjects and that really isn't an accurate description of me. Conversely I've accused others of being certain things and found out later after continued engagement that maybe I was wrong.

The other wildcard aspect of interwebs interactions is the anonymous aspect - we're different people when we don't have to interact directly, personally. Maybe we're more honest, or more passive aggressive, dramatic, whatever. Some more than others but the anonymous aspect has that impact no doubt. This is the shit some people on Facebook or other social media get into trouble with because they still assume that anonymity is present when it's not.
    Hold my beer for a sec...

4. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post

Things often are taken out of context because reading the written word is sometimes much different than seeing facial expressions, body language, etc. when that word is spoken. I'm sure everyone's texted something to their significant other at one time and wound up in the doghouse over it unintentionally.
    Oh you think?

The other part is - the interwebs medium only allows a certain amount of perception to pass through. I see this all the time, I'm accused of being arrogant because I have strong opinions on certain subjects and that really isn't an accurate description of me. Conversely I've accused others of being certain things and found out later after continued engagement that maybe I was wrong.

The other wildcard aspect of interwebs interactions is the anonymous aspect - we're different people when we don't have to interact directly, personally. Maybe we're more honest, or more passive aggressive, dramatic, whatever. Some more than others but the anonymous aspect has that impact no doubt. This is the shit some people on Facebook or other social media get into trouble with because they still assume that anonymity is present when it's not
    I don't do facebook, by anonymity is not an issue with me. I do understand how others use it, mostly in my experience, to say things they wouldn't say in real life. Part of the deal.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Baba Booey, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh you think?

I don't do facebook, by anonymity is not an issue with me. I do understand how others use it, mostly in my experience, to say things they wouldn't say in real life. Part of the deal.
    I did Facebook off and on for a while but I stopped. There was a reason I never kept in contact with people over the decades, I really didn't like them much.

I wound up Facebooking people I knew from forums like this and was like "what the fuck is the purpose of that"?

Hold my beer for a sec...

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I did Facebook off and on for a while but I stopped. There was a reason I never kept in contact with people over the decades, I really didn't like them much.

I wound up Facebooking people I knew from forums like this and was like "what the fuck is the purpose of that"?

Are you kidding? Some people will be on FB, PMing on a board, and e-mailing or on messenger with the same people all at once. I never knew ANY of that crap until I started posting again this year. If some of these people would post on the board as much as they do behind it, the board's post count would explode.

And I'm not referring to this board.

But intrigue and backstabbing? Cold War spies would be proud.
    Last edited by Gunny; 09-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.

10. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The other wildcard aspect of interwebs interactions is the anonymous aspect - we're different people when we don't have to interact directly, personally. Maybe we're more honest, or more passive aggressive, dramatic, whatever. Some more than others but the anonymous aspect has that impact no doubt. This is the shit some people on Facebook or other social media get into trouble with because they still assume that anonymity is present when it's not.
    Except for our Sassy. She is as hot, and as cool, as she appears to be. Maybe even more.

You'll see.

Oh, and welcome to the board. There, we now have two threads for new people.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Baba Booey, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's so predictable. Especially if you spend any time as an analyst. There are only so many traits. It's the combination that makes us different. Take for instance, internet personalities. SO predictable, and leopards never change their spots.

Take me for example. I'm a universally recognized mean-ass a-hole. Especially when I used to drink. I could make so many "friends" I'd get banned on more than one board in one day.

There are plenty more. I REALLY love the ones that always think they're so damned smarter than everyone else they constantly underestimate others. They have always been my favorites. People who think they're smarter than everyone, think their actions are above reproach and no one can see them, are ALWAYS the most obvious and easy to read.
    That is because they always out themselves as the hypocrites they really are. Its always the "do as I say...not as I do" game with some of them.

My favorites are the ones that feign concern and worry... and lay it on as thick as honey. So fake lol.
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-02-2014 at 08:36 PM.

14. Thanks Gunny, Jeff, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That is because they always out themselves as the hypocrites they really are. Its always the "do as I say...not as I do" game with some of them.

My favorites are the ones that feign concern and worry... and lay it on as thick as honey. So fake lol.
    I like the terminal victims. One person has had more people die in her family in the last 4 months than I've KNOWN in 53 years. You'd think they'd run out of relatives.

16. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the terminal victims. One person has had more people die in her family in the last 4 months than I've KNOWN in 53 years. You'd think they'd run out of relatives.
    Gotta give the concern trolls stuff to fret over so they can show how "sweet" they are.

18. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about the old bags that pretend they are 20 something supermodels and never pass up an opportunity to talk dirty in cutesy innuendos.

20. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How about the old bags that pretend they are 20 something supermodels and never pass up an opportunity to talk dirty in cutesy innuendos.
    You know better than to get me going on biddies and their stupid games.

22. Thanks Shadow, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I found Fb pretty cool, I moved south like 25 years ago so I haven't seen people from HS for like 30 years, and as Babba Booey said I always figured hell if I didn't like them then nothing will change, but then I thought about how much I have changed and gave it a chance, yes some are still asses but some really have changed and it is nice to see them.

As for those that want to make believe they are something ( when they aren't ) it is funny to Laugh at, and then ya have those that where all that back in the day and now my God what happened
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

24. Thanks Gunny, Shadow thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I found Fb pretty cool, I moved south like 25 years ago so I haven't seen people from HS for like 30 years, and as Babba Booey said I always figured hell if I didn't like them then nothing will change, but then I thought about how much I have changed and gave it a chance, yes some are still asses but some really have changed and it is nice to see them.

As for those that want to make believe they are something ( when they aren't ) it is funny to Laugh at, and then ya have those that where all that back in the day and now my God what happened
    Some are funny to laugh at. The ones that run in packs aren't. They attack others in packs and make it no fun at all to post. Even worse when you finally figure out that people you never thought were part of that pack of idiots with no life belonged right with them. And they spend more time in PM backstabbing the people they don't like than they ever do posting.

I despise that internet personality to the point of hatred.
    Last edited by Gunny; 09-03-2014 at 12:13 AM.

26. Thanks Jeff, Shadow thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some are funny to laugh at. The ones that run in packs aren't. They attack others in packs and make it no fun at all to post. Even worse when you finally figure out that people you never thought were part of that pack of idiots with no life belonged right with them. And they spend more time in PM backstabbing the people they don't like than they ever do posting.

I despise that internet personality to the point of hatred.
    Umm. They attack posters BECAUSE they run in packs. Otherwise....crickets chirping...

28. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

Someone mentioned this earlier. Sometimes I really do have to stop and think about it...do I really even like these people? And a lot of times the answer is no. I am pleasantly surprised when I find one or two that are the exception to the rule though.
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-03-2014 at 04:05 PM.

30. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post