Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No, you ain't even close. It ain't that Seattle's that good. It's that GB has kicked its own ass.
    oh.my.god. Dude. No you didnt. Did you watch? (Sigh)
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    oh.my.god. Dude. No you didnt. Did you watch? (Sigh)
    Uh yeah? How far do you think the TV is from me in an efficiency motel room? I watched Aaron Rogers Make some BAD decisions. They would have lost to Miami the way he played tonight.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thats the thing with good teams...they make it seem the other team cant get out of its own way. Seahawks WERE that good. they are that good. I saw it. You saw it. And the american people saw it. Trying to excuse it away is dishonest.

38-12 is biased? Naw. Seahawks are that much better
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

5. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Thats the thing with good teams...they make it seem the other team cant get out of its own way. Seahawks WERE that good. they are that good. I saw it. You saw it. And the american people saw it. Trying to excuse it away is dishonest.

38-12 is biased? Naw. Seahawks are that much better
    You're ARE biased. The Packers didn't NEED Seattle to make them look bad, and wasn't because Seattle is "just that good." Seattle didn't make the mistakes and Green Bay did. Rodgers making bad decisions didn't have anything to do with someone else making him do it.

And no, I WOULDN'T let you officiate a Seahawks game, NOR do the play by play.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You're ARE biased. The Packers didn't NEED Seattle to make them look bad, and wasn't because Seattle is "just that good." Seattle didn't make the mistakes and Green Bay did. Rodgers making bad decisions didn't have anything to do with someone else making him do it.

And no, I WOULDN'T let you officiate a Seahawks game, NOR do the play by play.
    So me and vast majority of the national media and analysts are wrong. I have seen 10 stories covering the event and none of the authors said the packers beat themselves. Nobody is saying "Yeah, the Hawks weren't that good - the packers were that bad" among the respected media.

Either Seattle Beat-down the Packers - and it got worse as the game went on...OR your 'biased' view the packers would have lost if they were the only team on the field.

So I have to ask - in what way were the seahawks NOT good. And if you bring up 'Punt Returns' - that was obvious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

So me and vast majority of the national media and analysts are wrong. I have seen 10 stories covering the event and none of the authors said the packers beat themselves. Nobody is saying "Yeah, the Hawks weren't that good - the packers were that bad" among the respected media because those kinds.

Either Seattle Beat-down the Packers - and it got worse as the game went on...OR your 'biased' view the packers would have lost if they were the only team on the field.

So I have to ask - in what way were the seahawks NOT good. And if you bring up 'Punt Returns' - that was obvious.

YOU are using the national media as your backup? Tsk tsk ....

I didn't say the Seahawks weren't good. I said the Packers beat themselves. I have no biased view. I could care less who wins between those two teams.

But it IS fun at you about it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Fair enough. I'll just leave these here - Examples of the Seahawks Not Being That Good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

D ....

I didn't say they weren't good. You're totally missing the point here. You're always so calm, cool, and collected about everything else. Start talking Seahawks and you turn into a 10 years old little boy. If they lose, the other team cheated, bad call by the refs, so-n-so was hurt. It's your achilles heel.

I'm just teasing you, dude. Nothing more to it than that.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

D ....

I didn't say they weren't good. You're totally missing the point here. You're always so calm, cool, and collected about everything else. Start talking Seahawks and you turn into a 10 years old little boy. If they lose, the other team cheated, bad call by the refs, so-n-so was hurt. It's your achilles heel.

I'm just teasing you, dude. Nothing more to it than that.

You believe the game turned out the way it did because the Packers beat themselves - NOT because the Hawks were that good. I'm saying that's not an accurate portrayal of what happened. I didn't pick up teasing; I thought we were talking about what we actually saw during the game.

And that part about when they lose? I NEVER do that. The closest thing MAYBE was the justifiable outrage and sadness of Superbowl XL. That was nine years ago, bro.

Go Hawks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol @ this thread.

When you beat a SB caliber team by 20 points, you're doing something right.
    Hold my beer for a sec...

14. Thanks jimnyc, darin, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Seattle: 38
    Packers: 12
    Great pick!! 'Hawks looked good last night, Harvin and The Beast looked fantastic, especially in the first half. I do think the Pack hurt themselves a tad in this game, but Seattle was beating them nonetheless. They look seasoned already, not a team playing their first game. I think they'll get better as they gel. That could be scary!

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You believe the game turned out the way it did because the Packers beat themselves - NOT because the Hawks were that good. I'm saying that's not an accurate portrayal of what happened. I didn't pick up teasing; I thought we were talking about what we actually saw during the game.

And that part about when they lose? I NEVER do that. The closest thing MAYBE was the justifiable outrage and sadness of Superbowl XL. That was nine years ago, bro.

Go Hawks.
    It WAS 9 years ago. And I haven't forgotten. What's THAT tell you?

You sound like my little brother when it comes to football. Matter of fact, y'all have a common enemy. He knows EVERY reason the Steelers cheated to whim both SB's against the Cowboys in the 70s. COuldn't have been because they just that good ... could it?

They're going to beat Seattle this year too.

18. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Jim - chances are it will not last. I want to believe. Percy will (godforbid) get hurt. Hawks will lose depth. And seattle's 3rd and 4th corners do not impress me.

But. For last night? Was a perfect way to start the season.

20. Thanks Jeff, Baba Booey thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It WAS 9 years ago. And I haven't forgotten. What's THAT tell you?

You sound like my little brother when it comes to football. Matter of fact, y'all have a common enemy. He knows EVERY reason the Steelers cheated to whim both SB's against the Cowboys in the 70s. COuldn't have been because they just that good ... could it?

They're going to beat Seattle this year too.
    Okay - now that doesn't even make sense anymore.

I am not beating ANY drum about SBXL. In fact - and Jim will attest; because he and I had a Lot of convo about and after the game - Since forever? When He and I mention the game it's always in good-natured jabs about his filthy SteAlers.

So - the convo went from my prediction of the game (and subsequent wussing out to a lower score) to me somehow a whiner ANY time the Seahawks lose? C'mon man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Okay - now that doesn't even make sense anymore.

I am not beating ANY drum about SBXL. In fact - and Jim will attest; because he and I had a Lot of convo about and after the game - Since forever? When He and I mention the game it's always in good-natured jabs about his filthy SteAlers.

So - the convo went from my prediction of the game (and subsequent wussing out to a lower score) to me somehow a whiner ANY time the Seahawks lose? C'mon man.
    I didn't call you a whiner. I called you a 10 years old little boy when it comes to the Seahawks.

And I'm taking only good-natured jabs at you. Nothing more than that.