Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Why do I find this scarier than the terrorists?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/wo...bola.html?_r=1

U.S. to Commit Up to 3,000 Troops to Fight Ebola in Africa

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Gaffer, revelarts, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny, Redrose and 6 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post

He's attempting to 'out do' Bush and Clinton in Africa, will the media buy it? Don't be so sure they'll give him a pass.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Brilliant. 3K troops to battle a virus. I wonder how come no one else thought of that. They going to fix bayonets and threaten the virus, or what?

Seriously. Needlessly exposing 3,000 troops to a deadly virus they can bring back here?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He's attempting to 'out do' Bush and Clinton in Africa, will the media buy it? Don't be so sure they'll give him a pass.
    I think he is hoping

A. To get our troops killed by way of getting infect
    B. Bring Ebola back into the States to kill as many Americans as possible

What I find amazing is just how few Americans have found out that this ffing worm hates this nation, "we infidels" and all of Western Civilization.
    When a complete look at his life and actions so clearly reveals that truth.

As Commander-in-Chief of our military forces why would he send our military to fight--DISEASE-- in Africa when they should be fighting muslims that are dedicated to the total destruction of this nation?

What's that sweetest sound he ever heard?????

http://www.creators.com/conservative...christian.html

I have neither heard a believing Christian openly mock Scripture as Obama did during the campaign nor heard one mock those who cling to their guns and Bibles.

Though Obama would have us believe that he sat through 20 years of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermons without hearing a word, it's hard for us to overlook the fact that Wright took the Lord's name in vain in his church and that the church subscribes to black liberation theology, which seems more race-centered than Christ-centered. We also shake our heads in discovering that this church, through its publications, has championed the causes of certain terrorist organizations.

In office, Obama has rarely attended church and has routinely snubbed Christianity and Christian symbols while consistently espousing values inconsistent with the biblical ethic. On the other hand, he has gone out of his way to glorify Islam. He told us in one of his books that the Muslim call to prayer was the sweetest sound he'd ever heard.

More significantly, he said in his Cairo speech to the Muslim world that Islam is a revealed religion. I'm amazed this didn't get more attention because it is extremely anomalous for a believing Christian to refer to Islam as a revealed religion. The word "revealed" had to have been carefully chosen and was absolutely unnecessary to convey his overtures to the Muslim world. One needn't affirm another person's religion to extend him a hand of friendship and peace.

Words have meaning, and if Obama believes Islam was revealed, then he most certainly believes it was revealed by God. If it was revealed by God more than 600 years after Christ was on earth and contains beliefs wholly inconsistent with doctrinal Christianity — such as that Christ was not God, but a mere prophet — then, in that essential particular, it cannot possibly be reconciled with Christianity. If Obama truly believes Islam was revealed by God, I can't fathom how he could be a believing Christian. I don't know that Obama is not a Christian, but I am dubious.

David Limbaugh is a writer, author and attorney. His new book, "Crimes Against Liberty," is out now. To find out more about David Limbaugh, please visit his website at www.DavidLimbaugh.com. To read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks DLT, namvet, grannyhawkins, Jeff, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We have a Last Ship scenario being played out here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Brilliant. 3K troops to battle a virus. I wonder how come no one else thought of that. They going to fix bayonets and threaten the virus, or what?

Seriously. Needlessly exposing 3,000 troops to a deadly virus they can bring back here?
    Are you trying to say that the U.S. military is not the solution to every world problem?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

9. Thanks SassyLady, grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I wonder if Obama (with his family by his side) is going to be on the tarmack welcoming these troops home with a salute and hand shakes for each soldier?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know this will be unpopular but I'm in favor of this. Better to fight that deadly virus on African soil rather than the U.S. And let's be honest, these aren't combat troops we're sending. They're engineers, medical, logistics, command and control, etc. Yes, they will be exposed but before being able to openly return to the U.S., they will be screened and quarantined if needed.
    What's the alternative? Sit back and hope the Atlantic Ocean will protect us?

The only thing I find concerning is Obama's clear commitment to fight this deadly Ebola virus and less than clear commitment to fight the deadly virus known as ISIL.

12. Thanks Gunny, Gaffer, grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Because it is?

It's just another Obamalama "in yer face and FU America" from the Commie/Muzzie-In-Chief. We should get used to it. It's only going to get worse as he doubles-down on his mission and agenda over the next two years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I know this will be unpopular but I'm in favor of this. Better to fight that deadly virus on African soil rather than the U.S. And let's be honest, these aren't combat troops we're sending. They're engineers, medical, logistics, command and control, etc. Yes, they will be exposed but before being able to openly return to the U.S., they will be screened and quarantined if needed.

The only thing I find concerning is Obama's clear commitment to fight this deadly Ebola virus and less than clear commitment to fight the deadly virus known as ISIL.
    Lol! What makes you think they will be properly quarantined? Supposedly, there's no threat to America from Ebola. They probably won't even bother to screen those troops before bringing them back unless they have a 'cough'.

Heard on talk radio yesterday that the virus stays in recovered patients' blood and semen for 61 days after they are "over it". Half of the folks that get the virus die. But if or when our troops get the virus, assuming they recover, do you really think they're going to abstain from having sex for two months?

One doctor contracted the disease with no "known" contact with an ebola patient ....he was just delivering babies in the Ebola Zone. That means he had to get it just from contact with the bodily fluids of a woman who had not even been diagnosed yet.

This is a deliberate attempt to infect Americans and to cause the chaos that Obama needs to complete his mission of destruction. And much like everything else he has done TO America, we're letting him get away with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/wo...bola.html?_r=1 U.S. to Commit Up to 3,000 Troops to Fight Ebola in Africa
    Sassy, I've found this to be extremely disturbing as I've found the introduction to our demographics the past few years disturbing. We've not heard much outcry about the diseased border jumpers or considered that B.O. simply could be paving the way for martial law. Look, if he can set an example of what should be done to combat disease/viruses by sending troops and if he can get a pat on the back from the UN......he is very likely to introduce the same scenario here on OUR soil......using both US troops and UN troops. I've been looking for this scenario for several years now......let us sit back and see what happens.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    This is a deliberate attempt to infect Americans and to cause the chaos that Obama needs to complete his mission of destruction. And much like everything else he has done TO America, we're letting him get away with it.
    That's just plain horse shit.
    But OK, let's not do anything. Ebola poses no threat to anyone but people in Africa.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I wonder if Obama (with his family by his side) is going to be on the tarmack welcoming these troops home with a salute and hand shakes for each soldier?
    Pigs will fly before this is likely to happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post

TK .... why our troops? Why not send Doctors Without Borders, the Peace Corp, etc. Our troops are trained to fight in a war ... not fight infectious diseases. I do believe we should do something to minimize impact to America ... just not sure putting 3,000 troops on the ground is the common sense thing.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

TK .... why our troops? Why not send Doctors Without Borders, the Peace Corp, etc. Our troops are trained to fight in a war ... not fight infectious diseases. I do believe we should do something to minimize impact to America ... just not sure putting 3,000 troops on the ground is the common sense thing.
    Well, I believe Rev or someone else may have touched on this but it makes sense to have a "containment" force in case a panic ensues leaving neighboring areas a spread zone. Still, our military should have never been the "world police". As terrible as it may sound, I still believe this could all be planned for a much bigger event. I don't feel that it is to simply kill off our military as I believe someone else suggested. We shall see.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

21. Thanks SassyLady, Gaffer, grannyhawkins thanked this post