Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, unfortunately, Andy didn't (pass) before claiming that those who didn't like B.O. were racists and scared to have a "change" (aka black man) in office. As for attacking new members, I don't attack, I defend. It was the Superior One who attacked. In fact, it was both men who wouldn't......

you know what, it doesn't really matter as long as there is a difference but I'll NEVER sit by and have a KNOW-it-all tell me that I can or can't do something (whether it is SHOOTING or posting FREELY as I see fit). IGNORE is the best option here. I have had quite a few to come on this site so I'll take that one loss from those I've added.....how about that? No sense in running all of us off over ya'll's stupidity.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2DecadesLate View Post
    You lying little crud from the bottom of my size 12s

You're exact words in that thread

I call BS on your statement about "to do things we can't talk about". If you are, who you claim to be. Other than another STOLEN VALOR candidate. It would be easier to prove it.
    Perhaps you were a NAVY SEAL, or a RANGER, GREEN BERET as well.
    As for the regularly detached BS. What was your C.O.'s last name?

Now clearly you were accusing me of lying. I'm new to message boards, but good grief.

Oh, and forgive me for posting in a military forum and assuming that anyone who would be interested in such would put two and two together and realize that the 75th in the US Army meant, the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Damn was I naive, didn't know people acted like this in the civilian world.

No wonder we end up with shit birds like Obama leading us to hell.

If none of it is true. Why so defensive. I gave you an example. If you are so threatened by question about your service. I wonder what else you are threatened by here.

Perhaps you would like to tell us about that 75th RANGER REGIMENT from the info below?

CSM Safewright entered active military service on 19 September 1989 and attended Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning, GA. He graduated as an Indirect Fire Infantryman in January 1990. He attended Basic Airborne School with a follow on assignment to Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, Fort Bragg, NC. He deployed with Charlie Company on 06 August 1990 in support of Operations Desert Shield & Desert Storm and has served in every position within a 60mm Mortar Section to include ammunition bearer, Gunner, Squad Leader and Section Leader. In January 1994 he was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Cavalry. SGT Safewright served as a Squad Leader, Fire Direction Chief, and Section Sergeant with multiple deployments, including Operation Able Sentry III, United Nations Protection Force in Macedonia and Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia. SSG Safewright later served as an Assistant Operations Sergeant in the XVIII ABN Corps, G-3 Current Operations. In 1999 he was selected to attend the United States Army Drill Sergeant School and was later assigned as a Drill Sergeant in Bco, 1-61 Infantry until July 2002. Upon completion of his Drill Sergeant assignment, SSG Safewright was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment. He served as the Section Sergeant and Platoon Sergeant for the Vanguard 120mm Mortar Platoon during Combat Operations in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II. While deployed, he was selected and promoted to Sergeant First Class. In July 2005, SFC Safewright was assigned Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment at Fort Riley, KS. Initially, he served as the Mortar Platoon Leader and Platoon Sergeant for the Black Lion Battalion. While deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II, he was selected for promotion to Master Sergeant was frocked to 1SG in December 2007. He was appointed as the 1SG for HHC, 4-1 Brigade Special Troops Battalion for the remainder of the 15 month deployment. In January 2009 he was selected by the Division Command Sergeant Major to serve as the 1SG for Operations Company, Division Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion, 1st Infantry Division. He deployed in January 2010 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn within USD-S. In May 2011, 1SG Safewright was assigned to Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 29th
    Infantry Regiment. He served as the Company First Sergeant and later served as the Battalion Command Sergeants Major until his departure for the United States Sergeants Major Academy. SGM Safewright most recently served as the Brigade Operations Sergeants Major for the 198th Infantry Brigade. CSM Safewright has graduated the Infantry Mortars Leaders Course, WLC, ALC, MSLC, Battle Staff, 1SG Course and the United States Sergeants Major Academy, Class #63. His awards include the BSM(2), MSM(3), ARCOM(5), AAM(7) and several other individual and unit awards. SGM Safewright has been awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, 2nd Award, Expert Infantryman’s Badge, Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge and the Drill Sergeant Identification Badge.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Gunny. That's enough. If you are so angry, and so self-centered that you need to keep using the Childish name calling. That says just about all I need to know, or think about you. AND...I DON'T GIVE A GOOD CRAP WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME.
    True. You don't give a crap about anything but seeing your own words all over the place like you've got something to say. Maybe others do as well? You got some nerve calling ANYONE self-centered.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really? So now. We have to be careful about what we ask other members too? I only asked him who his C.O. was at first.
    Do you know the difference between a C.O. and then he complained about me accusing him of Stolen Valor.
    Those who have nothing to hide..PROUDLY, and WILLFULLY share their military experiences without feeling threatened.
    I called BS because ...it's an old trick...much like "If I tell you, I'll have to shoot you" kind of BS.
    I appreciate Jim trying to grow this board. But...I hope both YOU and JIM would like to make sure...the GROWING is real
    Sir, I'm brand new to message boards. like a week I've been posting. I've a feeling you've been posting for ages. Sorry if I don't know all protocols or answer all questions correctly, but you absolutely, positively impugned my reputation by claiming I was lying about my military service and THEN came in this thread and claimed you did no such thing. Which makes your claim that you are always wanting the truth a fucking laugh.

There are hundreds and hundreds of Army Rangers our there performing hundreds and hundreds of operations everyday that you will never hear about, some of which I have performed, so no I wasn't always with my unit, if you knew anything about the SF world you'd know that it isn't that uncommon for the 75th or Delta or whomever to detach 4 or 5 guys and send them to some shitty third world country to do some job that simply doesn't require a whole platoon.

Is it really that hard to imagine that one might find their way to this message board? I wouldn't think so given the otherwise patriotic feeling of the board if not for you and that other asshole.

What do you want as proof sir? Do you want me to tell you what we had for lunch on the third day of selection? I know , how about the name of the instructor who made us walk barefooted 2 miles through the Georgia mud just because. No , how about the name of the bar in Columbia where I met ..... No I can't tell you that story.............

Oh I know

Fuck you squid, you get your ass back on that tin can, and make sure you got some fucking chow ready and the sheets washed for when a real soldier needs a ride home.

Dickhead

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    True. You don't give a crap about anything but seeing your own words all over the place like you've got something to say. Maybe others do as well? You got some nerve calling ANYONE self-centered.

YOU WIN GUNNY. YOU WIN. Anything you say. Too bad you feel such a need to be so pissed off here. I honestly thought, at first. Being veterans gave us more than something to be proud of, and in common.
    I still have trouble understanding WHY you feel such a need to use the Name calling. Most Senior NCO's I have met, and Known, NEVER let themselves be seen as out of control.

I apologize for making you so pissed off for whatever reasons you have listed here.

Forgive me for thinking I was able to have a civil conversation on this forum. Please?
    So, this is for them.

6. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If none of it is true. Why so defensive. I gave you an example. If you are so threatened by question about your service. I wonder what else you are threatened by here.

Perhaps you would like to tell us about that 75th RANGER REGIMENT from the info below?

CSM Safewright entered active military service on 19 September 1989 and attended Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning, GA. He graduated as an Indirect Fire Infantryman in January 1990. He attended Basic Airborne School with a follow on assignment to Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, Fort Bragg, NC. He deployed with Charlie Company on 06 August 1990 in support of Operations Desert Shield & Desert Storm and has served in every position within a 60mm Mortar Section to include ammunition bearer, Gunner, Squad Leader and Section Leader. In January 1994 he was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Cavalry. SGT Safewright served as a Squad Leader, Fire Direction Chief, and Section Sergeant with multiple deployments, including Operation Able Sentry III, United Nations Protection Force in Macedonia and Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia. SSG Safewright later served as an Assistant Operations Sergeant in the XVIII ABN Corps, G-3 Current Operations. In 1999 he was selected to attend the United States Army Drill Sergeant School and was later assigned as a Drill Sergeant in Bco, 1-61 Infantry until July 2002. Upon completion of his Drill Sergeant assignment, SSG Safewright was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment. He served as the Section Sergeant and Platoon Sergeant for the Vanguard 120mm Mortar Platoon during Combat Operations in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II. While deployed, he was selected and promoted to Sergeant First Class. In July 2005, SFC Safewright was assigned Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment at Fort Riley, KS. Initially, he served as the Mortar Platoon Leader and Platoon Sergeant for the Black Lion Battalion. While deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II, he was selected for promotion to Master Sergeant was frocked to 1SG in December 2007. He was appointed as the 1SG for HHC, 4-1 Brigade Special Troops Battalion for the remainder of the 15 month deployment. In January 2009 he was selected by the Division Command Sergeant Major to serve as the 1SG for Operations Company, Division Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion, 1st Infantry Division. He deployed in January 2010 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn within USD-S. In May 2011, 1SG Safewright was assigned to Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 29th
    Infantry Regiment. He served as the Company First Sergeant and later served as the Battalion Command Sergeants Major until his departure for the United States Sergeants Major Academy. SGM Safewright most recently served as the Brigade Operations Sergeants Major for the 198th Infantry Brigade. CSM Safewright has graduated the Infantry Mortars Leaders Course, WLC, ALC, MSLC, Battle Staff, 1SG Course and the United States Sergeants Major Academy, Class #63. His awards include the BSM(2), MSM(3), ARCOM(5), AAM(7) and several other individual and unit awards. SGM Safewright has been awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, 2nd Award, Expert Infantryman’s Badge, Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge and the Drill Sergeant Identification Badge.
    Want me to get my brother on here to tell you about it? He's a retired Army Maj and was with the 75th. Or you going to question HIS service as well? He's only got less patience and a worse temper than I do. But he doesn't have a bio in wiki and you might want to provide a link so you aren't violating any fair use laws.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2DecadesLate View Post
    Sir, I'm brand new to message boards. like a week I've been posting. I've a feeling you've been posting for ages. Sorry if I don't know all protocols or answer all questions correctly, but you absolutely, positively impugned my reputation by claiming I was lying about my military service and THEN came in this thread and claimed you did no such thing. Which makes your claim that you are always wanting the truth a fucking laugh.

There are hundreds and hundreds of Army Rangers our there performing hundreds and hundreds of operations everyday that you will never hear about, some of which I have performed, so no I wasn't always with my unit, if you knew anything about the SF world you'd know that it isn't that uncommon for the 75th or Delta or whomever to detach 4 or 5 guys and send them to some shitty third world country to do some job that simply doesn't require a whole platoon.

Is it really that hard to imagine that one might find their way to this message board? I wouldn't think so given the otherwise patriotic feeling of the board if not for you and that other asshole.

What do you want as proof sir? Do you want me to tell you what we had for lunch on the third day of selection? I know , how about the name of the instructor who made us walk barefooted 2 miles through the Georgia mud just because. No , how about the name of the bar in Columbia where I met ..... No I can't tell you that story.............

Oh I know

Fuck you squid, you get your ass back on that tin can, and make sure you got some fucking chow ready and the sheets washed for when a real soldier needs a ride home.

Dickhead

Thank you for proving my point. You and gunny can now enjoy whatever you feel a need to enjoy. Name calling included.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Need some cheese to go with that whine?

Just be entertained by the "armchair political activist". It's a pity when someone is so useless that their political opinion doesn't matter. If complaining and accomplishing nothing won elections, Mr. AboutWastingTime could be elected Governor.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for proving my point. You and gunny can now enjoy whatever you feel a need to enjoy. Name calling included.
    Forgive me for not knowing that upsetting you was sacrosanct , but now that I DO know it, you just made yourself a target of a pissed of Ranger boy.

As for your point, I still don't know what it was, it seems to me from reading Gunny's posts in this thread that you are known to be a bully pussy who goes after new people who don't bow down to you.

Any other points you wish to make can be filed directly into the round file cabinet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well ...Andy Griffith is dead now ...so ... I guess you don't have to be offended any more "rolls eyes".
    OK onto the real important things, Shadow looking at your avatar and thinking of ya rolling your eyes is much more appealing ( to me ) than all this fighting
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I call BS on your statement about "to do things we can't talk about". If you are, who you claim to be. Other than another STOLEN VALOR candidate. It would be easier to prove it.
    Perhaps you were a NAVY SEAL, or a RANGER, GREEN BERET as well.
    As for the regularly detached BS. What was your C.O.'s last name?
    Agreed. it's a lie. No serious Soldier ever brings up the stupid movie-type line of "...I can't tell you, it's classified"
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Agreed. it's a lie. No serious Soldier ever brings up the stupid movie-type line of "...I can't tell you, it's classified"
    Hmmm. Really? Good thing I'm a Marine and not a soldier then. I've done more than a few things that were classified and was debriefed when I retired that I would be prosecuted for divulging any classified info. It goes with a clearance and AT would know that since he was a RM.

I've got a better question than all this speculation and witch-hunting y'all got going on @born2decades2late ..... just some clarification (and I don't need any dog-piling help from AT, Tyr nor Red States) Instead of flapping your gums, learn how to do it right.

You have talked about shooting at distances only snipers shoot at in one thread. In another, you claim to have X number of knife kills. What was your primary weapon?

I'll start with the obvious. The former is done at extreme distance and the latter is done close up. One precludes the other. A sniper caught close up doesn't come home to talk about it. Two-man sniper teams are taught to evade and escape, not engage because they are ALWAYS out-numbered and 9 times out of 10 die quick.

Second, what wars did you participate in? The last war there were any engagements that required hand to hand combat was the Vietnam War. The years you listed don't sync with that. You're younger than I am and I was in 6th grade when Vietnam ended.

Any "kills" with a knife since that time would be murder, not combat kills. Not sure I'd be bragging on an open forum about that.

Third, based on the years of service you posted, your primary infantry weapon would have been an M-16A2. Break one down. Plenty of bandwidth here for ya.

Here's your opportunity to square away some inconsistencies just so we can all get it clear in our minds.

14. Thanks Shadow, Jeff thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hmmm. Really? Good thing I'm a Marine and not a soldier then. I've done more than a few things that were classified and was debriefed when I retired that I would be prosecuted for divulging any classified info. It goes with a clearance and AT would know that since he was a RM.
    Do you ever use that shit to get props or a 'wow' factor? Not that I've seen. EVERYBODY has done stuff not for public release. Everybody, I'd bet.

I've got a better question than all this speculation and witch-hunting y'all got going on @born2decades2late ..... just some clarification (and I don't need any dog-piling help from AT, Tyr nor Red States) Instead of flapping your gums, learn how to do it right.

You have talked about shooting at distances only snipers shoot at in one thread. In another, you claim to have X number of knife kills. What was your primary weapon?

I'll start with the obvious. The former is done at extreme distance and the latter is done close up. One precludes the other. A sniper caught close up doesn't come home to talk about it. Two-man sniper teams are taught to evade and escape, not engage because they are ALWAYS out-numbered and 9 times out of 10 die quick.

Second, what wars did you participate in? The last war there were any engagements that required hand to hand combat was the Vietnam War. The years you listed don't sync with that. You're younger than I am and I was in 6th grade when Vietnam ended.

Any "kills" with a knife since that time would be murder, not combat kills. Not sure I'd be bragging on an open forum about that.

Third, based on the years of service you posted, your primary infantry weapon would have been an M-16A2. Break one down. Plenty of bandwidth here for ya.

Here's your opportunity to square away some inconsistencies just so we can all get it clear in our minds.

That's very good line of questioning. Those are the types of things I care about - IF somebody brags they are not allowed to simply get offended and walk away - if they turn cry-baby, then they were probably liars.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

16. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Do you ever use that shit to get props or a 'wow' factor? Not that I've seen. EVERYBODY has done stuff not for public release. Everybody, I'd bet.

That's very good line of questioning. Those are the types of things I care about - IF somebody brags they are not allowed to simply get offended and walk away - if they turn cry-baby, then they were probably liars.
    I have inadvertently backed myself into a corner where I got stuck not being able to tell the rest, but I don't use it as a deflection.

My issue was and is baseless accusations by those not qualified to make them, for reasons other than what is stated. I just need some clarification on the questions I asked. If he chooses to not answer them, I can and will.

18. Thanks darin, Jeff thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Yup.

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post