Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Detective helps handicapped girl when her service dog is hit by car

I love these Good Samaritan type stories. Kudos to this police officer for paying the vet bill. I particularly appreciate this story because I have a good friend with MS and I know how much she relies on her service dog.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

TACOMA, Washington — When Pierce County Detective Ryan Salmon stopped to investigate a crowd on a Tacoma street corner, the sight of a girl in a wheelchair with her special needs dog at her feet really got his attention.

Faith Cloud is confined to a wheelchair and cannot speak because she was born with cerebral palsy. Her service dog, Spice, had just been hit by a silver car that fled, leaving Spice behind with multiple hip and leg fractures.

Salmon says he "just did the right thing. It wasn't about being a cop; it was about having compassion for this girl and her dog."
    Salmon helped Faith's mother, Tonya, and a friend move Spice up into his unmarked police car for a trip to a veterinary hospital.

Later that day,when Salmon called to check up on Spice, he learned that Tonya could not afford the X-rays and treatment that Spice needed. So, again, Salmon "just did the right thing" for Faith, Spice, and Tonya and told the vet to send him the $200 bill for the treatment.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dete...-is-hit-by-car

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I love these Good Samaritan type stories. Kudos to this police officer for paying the vet bill. I particularly appreciate this story because I have a good friend with MS and I know how much she relies on her service dog.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

TACOMA, Washington — When Pierce County Detective Ryan Salmon stopped to investigate a crowd on a Tacoma street corner, the sight of a girl in a wheelchair with her special needs dog at her feet really got his attention.

Faith Cloud is confined to a wheelchair and cannot speak because she was born with cerebral palsy. Her service dog, Spice, had just been hit by a silver car that fled, leaving Spice behind with multiple hip and leg fractures.

Salmon says he "just did the right thing. It wasn't about being a cop; it was about having compassion for this girl and her dog."
    Salmon helped Faith's mother, Tonya, and a friend move Spice up into his unmarked police car for a trip to a veterinary hospital.

Later that day,when Salmon called to check up on Spice, he learned that Tonya could not afford the X-rays and treatment that Spice needed. So, again, Salmon "just did the right thing" for Faith, Spice, and Tonya and told the vet to send him the $200 bill for the treatment.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dete...-is-hit-by-car

`Very nice...I enjoy these stories also...Good post!