Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Presented for your perusal and comment:

http://blog.chron.com/narcoconfident...un/#27117101=0
    I say let the SEAL have an hour alone with him. Whatever happens, happens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_08lCa4azQI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

5. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/50YnbXIVNCE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

7. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/50YnbXIVNCE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-archive.php

I mean seriously. How did he get so far?

9. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2DecadesLate View Post
    http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-archive.php

I mean seriously. How did he get so far?

Really? Is this a serious question? I guess it is...

Answer: Because if anyone questions a persons claims of service, they are generally derided and otherwise shouted down as unpatriotic scum. As a result, most people are wary of questioning the claims of service people make. Everyone is just expected to take their word for it...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

11. Thanks darin, red state, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

Answer: Because if anyone questions a persons claims of service, they are generally derided and otherwise shouted down as unpatriotic scum. As a result, most people are wary of questioning the claims of service people make. Everyone is just expected to take their word for it...

hjmick. Just take a look around at the other threads here, now directed my way. And, unfortunately for some. I Don't take their word for it. Which draws some really childish name calling as a result.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

13. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    hjmick. Just take a look around at the other threads here, now directed my way. And, unfortunately for some. I Don't take their word for it. Which draws some really childish name calling as a result.
    With all due respect, it's not about not taking someones word, it's about calling someone a fraud and using the term "stolen valor" with no proof to backup such comments. And you're correct, I do think some name calling is childish. But if I did serve my country, I would be more offended by someone marginalizing or calling my service into question.

15. Thanks hjmick, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    With all due respect, it's not about not taking someones word, it's about calling someone a fraud and using the term "stolen valor" with no proof to backup such comments. And you're correct, I do think some name calling is childish. But if I did serve my country, I would be more offended by someone marginalizing or calling my service into question.

Jim. I agree. And, if you read what I originally said concerning Stolen Valor. I DID NOT call anyone a fraud. I would never do that to another veteran. But, as you may soon learn. Sadly. There are possibly thousands of SELF-PROCLAIMED Veterans out there today who are STEALING the VALOR of others.
    I am, and always will be suspicious...as everyone should. Even those who take OFFENSE and try to distract attention away from them.
    If they are proud of their service, and have nothing to hide. Most Veterans know....those who feel they must BRAG the most. Generally are later found to be ...SHALL WE SAY..."Less than honorable?"

Nothing more. Nothing less.

In many ways. This topic is much like the RACIST, RACE CARD discussions that are quickly shut-down, and prevented when the offended declare RACISM. Which stops all conversations.
    Last edited by aboutime; 09-29-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    So, this is for them.

17. Thanks red state thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jim. I agree. And, if you read what I originally said concerning Stolen Valor. I DID NOT call anyone a fraud. I would never do that to another veteran. But, as you may soon learn. Sadly. There are possibly thousands of SELF-PROCLAIMED Veterans out there today who are STEALING the VALOR of others.
    I am, and always will be suspicious...as everyone should. Even those who take OFFENSE and try to distract attention away from them.
    If they are proud of their service, and have nothing to hide. Most Veterans know....those who feel they must BRAG the most. Generally are later found to be ...SHALL WE SAY..."Less than honorable?"

Nothing more. Nothing less.

In many ways. This topic is much like the RACIST, RACE CARD discussions that are quickly shut-down, and prevented when the offended declare RACISM. Which stops all conversations.
    Just seemed like some of the stolen valor crap started in the veterans thread, where he made his service claims. And similarly in other threads. I highly doubt that the new member, myself, Gunny and others made the connection incorrectly. And while perhaps you didn't outright say "fraud", alluding to stolen valor when someone makes a military claim is pretty much the same thing. Be suspicious, that's cool. Don't like someone bragging? Don't respond or place them on ignore. And now later found - less than honorable. - these are ALL things calling into question service, or snide comments alluding to the same.

And this topic can go on forever and I would be cool with it - THE TOPIC - not accusations about fellow members with zero proof - BIG difference.

At the VERY least, if you MUST do it, as usual, which is always ignored - PLEASE bring it to the cage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Just seemed like some of the stolen valor crap started in the veterans thread, where he made his service claims. And similarly in other threads. I highly doubt that the new member, myself, Gunny and others made the connection incorrectly. And while perhaps you didn't outright say "fraud", alluding to stolen valor when someone makes a military claim is pretty much the same thing. Be suspicious, that's cool. Don't like someone bragging? Don't respond or place them on ignore. And now later found - less than honorable. - these are ALL things calling into question service, or snide comments alluding to the same.

And this topic can go on forever and I would be cool with it - THE TOPIC - not accusations about fellow members with zero proof - BIG difference.

At the VERY least, if you MUST do it, as usual, which is always ignored - PLEASE bring it to the cage.

Once again. Please excuse me for being honest with you, and other members. If we say, and do nothing. Everybody's happy.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Once again. Please excuse me for being honest with you, and other members. If we say, and do nothing. Everybody's happy.
    No one said a thing about honesty. This is about calling into question a members military service without proof to back it up. DO YOU have any proof to backup the stolen valor claims, or just hunches?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

Yes, but we're talking about people who made serious investments in time and money. Wouldn't you do a bit of due diligence before investing with someone? It took me literally 2 minutes to find a list of MoH recipients online. Surely someone who flies to Africa to work for someone would invest that minimal amount of time.

22. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

No one said a thing about honesty. This is about calling into question a members military service without proof to back it up. DO YOU have any proof to backup the stolen valor claims, or just hunches?

Jim. As I said earlier. I did not accuse anyone. As for proof to backup the stolen valor claims. I have no need to prove anything. I expect the PROOF will be pretty evident as time goes on. If nobody is violating the Stolen Honor code. There is nothing to defend, or prove. And that's not a hunch.
    Calling a members military service into question has been welcomed by most veterans who despise, and wish they could personally meet, and handle such people. What's wrong with that?
    It would almost be like one of the members of DP trying to pretend they are YOU, and impersonating YOU. How would you feel in that case Jim? There's another name for it most people have learned to recognize. Like...IDENTITY THEFT.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jim. As I said earlier. I did not accuse anyone. As for proof to backup the stolen valor claims. I have no need to prove anything. I expect the PROOF will be pretty evident as time goes on. If nobody is violating the Stolen Honor code. There is nothing to defend, or prove. And that's not a hunch.
    Calling a members military service into question has been welcomed by most veterans who despise, and wish they could personally meet, and handle such people. What's wrong with that?
    It would almost be like one of the members of DP trying to pretend they are YOU, and impersonating YOU. How would you feel in that case Jim? There's another name for it most people have learned to recognize. Like...IDENTITY THEFT.
    You most certainly did , and you did it again today with another member. Please remove the words truth from your avatar henceforth.

AH , here's the link for Jim or anyone to see for themselves.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...921#post706921
    Last edited by Born2DecadesLate; 09-29-2014 at 05:18 PM.