Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I asked you sincere questions, if you don't want to answer them, that is fine. No need in making it personal.

So, since I disagree with your opinions, then I am Fing with you? I do just fine by myself thank you
    Last edited by PixieStix; 10-09-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

FYI Gunny. I know a lot about Islam. I tried for years to find some redeeming qualities. I looked and I looked. I studied to the point of Obsession. The only thing I found is that Islam is a religion that enslaves it's believers. And murders the non believers and polytheists.

It makes me sick to even think about reading any more of it's filth. It enslaves women and makes the world a more dangerous place.

If you think I am a hater for that, then so be it. If you disrespect people for stating their beliefs, based on what they actually know, then I don't know what to tell you. My sister in law was murdered for walking to church. So don't give me this "bring it" bullshit
    Last edited by PixieStix; 10-09-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

4. Thanks red state, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    FYI Gunny. I know a lot about Islam. I tried for years to find some redeeming qualities. I looked and I looked. I studied to the point of Obsession. The only thing I found is that Islam is a religion that enslaves it's believers. And murders the non believers and polytheists.

It makes me sick to even think about reading any more of it's filth. It enslaves women and makes the world a more dangerous place.

If you think I am a hater for that, then so be it. If you disrespect people for stating their beliefs, based on what they actually know, then I don't know what to tell you. My sister in law was murdered for walking to church. So don't give me this "bring it" bullshit
    I disrespect stupidity.

I disrespect idiots for stating wrote srcipt when they don't know what they're talking about.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Now figure in that the population is now about 2 - 2.5 billion? That number almost doubles. There's a LOT more out there and many think it may be actually anywhere from 15-25%.

Oh, and a brain dead republican would still make you look like the fucking dolt you are. Any more stupid questions? Of course you'll just deny anyway, but I too would deny it if I just made an ass out of myself again, for the 654,987th time.
    Thanks for the research stats. The current Muslim population is thought to be between 1.3 and 1.8 billion.
    I can't see there being 60 million members of terrorist groups though. Or even that many who support it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Thanks for the research stats. The current Muslim population is thought to be between 1.3 and 1.8 billion.
    I can't see there being 60 million members of terrorist groups though. Or even that many who support it.
    Here's a crappy looking page, but all stats show over 2 billion - http://www.usislam.org/MuslimStatist...lation2014.htm

Anyway, pages go from 23% of the world's population and anywhere from 1.6 billion as late as 2009 and over 2 billion today. As for what they support, do a simple search. While you may see large numbers against terrorism, attacks, discrimination.... you will ALWAYS find that the minority numbers to be anywhere from 10-40 percent, which is HUGE. Take out terrorism and leave just sharia the way it treats women currently, stonings, blasphemy laws and all the other antiquated crap and watch those numbers skyrocket. Too many areas WANT that radical interpretations of Sharia. I can post videos all day long if you like, as well as stories, facts & stats.

Again, are ALL Muslims this way? Of course not. But the percentage of Muslims supporting extremist ways, and strict sharia interpretations which lead to death and discrimination - is huge.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, Drummond, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yesterday, 04:58 PM

I've just begun to fight!
    Join Date:May 2012Location:USA, SouthernPosts:12,713Thanks:4,945Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,918 Posts Rep Power:3984411

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Her point is actually valid. Extremists are extremists. Doesn't matter what they call themselves if their actions are contrary to their stated beliefs. Trying to apply arbitrary, selective parameters to the issue doesn't fly. Christians have murdered millions in the name of Christianity. Those bodies didn't go away in 2014, nor 2000. There was nothing Christian about their behavior.

Shoe on the other foot .... what did we do in the 1700's about an occupying force in our country? The west has exploited the ME for centuries. Wouldn't you be kind of tired of having an Arab in your back yard telling you what to do and stealing your natural resources and charging you for it? I think we call that the American Revolution, right?

How about treason against our King?

No common sense nor logic applied. Western arrogance. We, the People can wage a war of terrorism against our own government (back when we had the balls to unlike now), and it's okay. But because we're so right and they're so wrong ... never mind it's none our damned business ... we can try to dictate to the rest of the world. Hypocrisy unbound. We don't practice what we preach. We ruin everything we touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

150 years ago the US had slavery. By your logic all folks today are slave owners and should be condemn for what people did in the past. There's only one group that continues it's past actions and that's muslims. They have not come out of that 7th century mindset. And I do lump all of them together. The scum floats to the top but the rest of the water holds it up and feeds it.

The Japanese had Shinto. They believed the emperor was a god. They didn't practice Buddhism as a whole. Shinto was outlawed after WW2 in Japan.

And before you start your attacks and threats remember, I AM a combat veteran. Been there done that. But for the purposes of this post it doesn't make any difference. So puffing out your chest with words won't get you anywhere except maybe a trip to the ER because your blood pressure went through the roof.

The Japanese had Shinto. They believed the emperor was a god. They didn't practice Buddhism as a whole. Shinto was outlawed after WW2 in Japan.

Tyr wrote
    I'll give it a shot at answering if nobody else will.

The Japanese practiced the Art of War during that period not any part of a peaceful religion(Buddhism)--- despite false claims that foolishly state otherwise..
    The entire nation was geared for total war and murdered over a million civilians in China alone.
    So despite the fact it was an attempt at trying to excuse modern wholesale murder by the Islamists today by citing historic wars there is the fact its inaccurate to boot by citing the Japanese were practicing BUDDHISTS during that period.

They were actually Shinto...

In modern scholarship, the term is often used with reference to kami worship and related theologies, rituals and practices. In these contexts, "Shinto" takes on the meaning of "Japan's traditional religion", as opposed to foreign religions such as Christianity, Buddhism, and so forth A comparison fail plain and simple IMHO.. -Tyr
    Bump...
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks Drummond, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

What is the difference between the extreme factions of Christianity and the extreme factions of Islam?
    Not much, if you think about it.
    JIHAD is enshrined in Islam as a revered part of it .. indeed, I'd argue (who wouldn't ?) that it's the very backbone of Islam which keeps it as savage a creed that it is.

So tell me of the equivalence in Christianity, then. Tell me of present-day CHRISTIAN 'Jihads'. Tell us, if you can, that 'Jihad' even EXISTS in Christianity as it does in Islam.

I await your attempt at an apologist answer ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I get the point. Christian extremists nowadays are marginal.

I guess my point is if you think I won't drop a hammer on those terrorists ... try again. They never let us old guys play though. We'd have this shit wrapped in a week, and that's including 3 days in port in Thailand.

The terrorists use the religion as an excuse. But we're letting them.
    ... An excuse ?

How come, then, that so MANY of them just 'happen' to have latched on to precisely the SAME excuse ?

Pure coincidence ?

If really 'an excuse', can you explain how that works ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-10-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gaffer, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    JIHAD is enshrined in Islam as a revered part of it .. indeed, I'd argue (who wouldn't ?) that it's the very backbone of Islam which keeps it as savage a creed that it is.
    To understand the concept of Jihad, you first have to understand what it really is. And what it is not.

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/und...m.html?start=9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

So tell me of the equivalence in Christianity, then. Tell me of present-day CHRISTIAN 'Jihads'. Tell us, if you can, that 'Jihad' even EXISTS in Christianity as it does in Islam.

I await your attempt at an apologist answer ...

Sir Drummond. I find this very interesting view of gabby to be informative as well. It tends to make me wonder how members of her family would react IF...they came home to gabby's house, and found a BLACK ISIS FLAG planted on the front lawn....next to the Severed Head of the Terrorist Loving Gabby?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

To understand the concept of Jihad, you first have to understand what it really is. And what it is not.

http://islamicsupremecouncil.org/und...m.html?start=9
    What it is to ISIS and other terrorist groups seems to have the upper hand. Because Jihad as a warrior will get you the ultimate reward. But if you stay home and take care of your family. Not so much

An article by Daniel Pipes from 2002

http://www.danielpipes.org/990/what-is-jihad

It means the legal, compulsory, communal effort to expand the territories ruled by Muslims at the expense of territories ruled by non-Muslims.

The purpose of jihad, in other words, is not directly to spread the Islamic faith but to extend sovereign Muslim power (faith, of course, often follows the flag). Jihad is thus unabashedly offensive in nature, with the eventual goal of achieving Muslim dominion over the entire globe.

Jihad did have two variant meanings through the centuries, one more radical, one less so. The first holds that Muslims who interpret their faith differently are infidels and therefore legitimate targets of jihad. (This is why Algerians, Egyptians and Afghans have found themselves, like Americans and Israelis, so often the victims of jihadist aggression.) The second meaning, associated with mystics, rejects the legal definition of jihad as armed conflict and tells Muslims to withdraw from the worldly concerns to achieve spiritual depth.

Another narration in Muslim is: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Let one of every two men go forth", and added: "Whoever stays behind (and looks well after the family and the property of those who have joined the expedition) will get half the reward of the warrior."

وعن أبي سعيد الخدري رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بعث إلى بني لحيان، فقال‏:‏ ‏ "‏لا ينبعث من كل رجلين أحدهما، والأجر بينهما‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه مسلم‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏
    Sunnah.com reference : Book 12, Hadith 25
    Arabic/English book reference : Book 12, Hadith 1309

19. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post

FYI Pix. I know what you know, and you know I know it. It ain't a secret. So let's go from there.

I'm not defending Islam. I'm saying their religious war is none of our damned business. And yes, Western arrogance creates that. My God, how could ANYONE have a war and not want us meddling in the middle of it and telling them how to lose it?

You think they're bad? Couple that arrogance with the fact we have only self-interest at heart -- who controls the -- oil, I'm not seeing anything righteous about it. Our own culture sucks. Yet we choose continually to try and superimpose it on people who don't even understand the ideal of democracy.

We're just wasting people. They're not going to stop fighting us, and they aren't going to stop fighting each other. Let them kill each other off.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jim Jones rejected Christianity. I have pointed this out to you MANY times and you continue to post this lie. Each time you lose more credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Jim Jones was was a solid Christian , deep in its faith and practicing it as is required...

He did not hide it to placate western sensibilities and delusions...

Jones felt outsiders failed to believe that his views represented CHRISTIANITY.

A lot of gullible people believed his propaganda. Now they are dead.

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

22. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Doesn't matter what he claimed to be. His actions were not Christian. Actions speak louder than words.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Jim Jones rejected Christianity. I have pointed this out to you MANY times and you continue to post this lie. Each time you lose more credibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

BoogyMan. You should know by now. Gabby is just defending her relatives. Which explains all of her attempts to fabricate, and change the context of nearly everyone she always must disagree with here.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

25. Thanks LongTermGuy, PixieStix thanked this post