Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    How is that list of groups and non-stop killings by Christians coming along? I saw you were online, but failed to respond - this must be a large list you're compiling. I'll continue to wait, and point out your trolling ways...
    You have answered your own question. It doesn't matter how many extremist factions there are. The answer is that they are ALL extremists and don't represent the opinion of the mainstream.
    When you look at their general beliefs, there will little difference between Muslims and Christians. They both worship the same God. They are primarily peaceful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You have answered your own question. It doesn't matter how many extremist factions there are. The answer is that they are ALL extremists and don't represent the opinion of the mainstream.
    When you look at their general beliefs, there will little difference between Muslims and Christians. They both worship the same God. They are primarily peaceful.
    You said there was not much of a difference between the 2. NOT ONLY do I not see a list of these radical Christian groups, I don't see a list of deaths/ Why is that? Oh, because what little knuckleheads there are, who may have killed a handful, are NOTHING comparable to the Islamic radicals who live and breathe for death and the death is committed daily. There is no huge faction desiring to kill as there is within Islam. And it's more than death, the extremism in Islam leads to severe subjugation of women, discrimination, beatings and of course the death. And like I said - hundreds of thousands of deaths in the past 13 years alone.

Maybe an extremely tiny amount of shitheads within Christianity in some African hellhole are in fact radicals. But where is the mass killing, daily, around the world, and the mistreatment of women, and 100 or more radicalilzed and developed groups looking to kill?

Sorry, I see very little in common. Unless you want to state that a very small handful in comparison to 100-500 million is somehow equal.

3. Thanks Gaffer, Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The big red herring continues to jump out of the water and flap its gills.

How does a comparison of Christianity to Islam change anything when it comes to a discussion of the motives of ISIS? Really, what's the point?

The only way to make Islam sound compatible with the modern world is to lie about it.

5. Thanks Gaffer, SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What is the difference between the extreme factions of Christianity and the extreme factions of Islam?
    Not much, if you think about it.
    Where do you see Christians consistently going out and murdering people in the name of their religion? More specifically, where does the New Testament tell Christians to murder in the name of God?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

7. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, red state, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    Where do you see Christians consistently going out and murdering people in the name of their religion? More specifically, where does the New Testament tell Christians to murder in the name of God?
    You referring to Charlemagne and his convert or die campaign in Europe? The Inquisitions? Or do you want to pick a Crusade?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You referring to Charlemagne and his convert or die campaign in Europe? The Inquisitions? Or do you want to pick a Crusade?
    So you have to go back how many centuries to make this work for you, good sir?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Admittedly, there were some bad things that happened back then. But that was then, most of the world has become a little more civilized since then. The overwhelming majority of current day "deaths by religion" is owned by Islam. Maybe even more than that. This isn't to say that ALL Muslims are bad, but that in today's world, it's Islam that is somehow creating the most radicals that are willing to kill.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Admittedly, there were some bad things that happened back then. But that was then, most of the world has become a little more civilized since then. The overwhelming majority of current day "deaths by religion" is owned by Islam. Maybe even more than that. This isn't to say that ALL Muslims are bad, but that in today's world, it's Islam that is somehow creating the most radicals that are willing to kill.
    I'm not saying they're right. I'd say, unless there's someone new here, I'm the only one here that's faced THESE terrorists.

It's not death by Islam. It's death in the name of Islam by death dealers. These a-holes would have to get a job in a market if they weren't dealing death. Instead, they're getting oil money to support their crap, and we're arming rebels. But it's still convert or die by extremists.

want to really win this war? Nuke occupy and invade Saudi Arabia and Iran. If we can't or won't do that, then we need to pull everyone out and bring them home. Wasting bodies in a half-ass operation doesn't work for me. Let them kill each other. We can mop up what's left.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm not saying they're right. I'd say, unless there's someone new here, I'm the only one here that's faced THESE terrorists.

It's not death by Islam. It's death in the name of Islam by death dealers. These a-holes would have to get a job in a market if they weren't dealing death. Instead, they're getting oil money to support their crap, and we're arming rebels. But it's still convert or die by extremists.

want to really win this war? Nuke occupy and invade Saudi Arabia and Iran. If we can't or won't do that, then we need to pull everyone out and bring them home. Wasting bodies in a half-ass operation doesn't work for me. Let them kill each other. We can mop up what's left.
    I think the point was, the comparison to current day Christian extremists. Even if these filth aren't representative of Islam, they are still basing their filth on Islam, even if no one likes it. No matter how you slice it, there is no comparison between those animals and Christians of today. Whether an appropriate interpretation of Christianity, or an extreme version, neither are out there today killing like the extremist groups coming from the Islamic nations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I think the point was, the comparison to current day Christian extremists. Even if these filth aren't representative of Islam, they are still basing their filth on Islam, even if no one likes it. No matter how you slice it, there is no comparison between those animals and Christians of today. Whether an appropriate interpretation of Christianity, or an extreme version, neither are out there today killing like the extremist groups coming from the Islamic nations.
    I get the point. Christian extremists nowadays are marginal.

I guess my point is if you think I won't drop a hammer on those terrorists ... try again. They never let us old guys play though. We'd have this shit wrapped in a week, and that's including 3 days in port in Thailand.

The terrorists use the religion as an excuse. But we're letting them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The terrorists use the religion as an excuse. But we're letting them.
    That is actually a very good point.

My entire point is that an extremist Christian sect is no different than an extremist Muslim sect. Doesn't matter how many of them exist or their combined casualty count. They both do not represent their religious faiths as a whole.
    This "all Muslims are terrorists" BS reminds me of World War II. When the U.S. government decided that all Japanese living in America could not be trusted, regardless of how loyal they really were. So they were all rounded up and placed in interment camps.
    Are some people so thick that they are unable to discern that every person is different? Or is it just easier to believe that every Muslim has terrorist sympathies?
    If I brought my cousin over here from Germany, would it be fair her to assume that all Southerners live in trailer parks and knock up their daughters? That's the existing stereotype.
    I know a lot of hateful idiots will continue to believe all Muslims are evil. And will refuse to change their views for any reason. But that's OK. Hitler believed the same thing about the Jews.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

My entire point is that an extremist Christian sect is no different than an extremist Muslim sect. Doesn't matter how many of them exist or their combined casualty count. They both do not represent their religious faiths as a whole.

No different? Show me ONE FUCKING EXAMPLE of Christians beheading an unbeliever in 2014. Or 2000.

Or stoning someone to death.

Or hijacking an airplane.

Or suicide bombing.

Or willfully attacking civilian centers with indiscriminate explosive weapons.

Your argument is invalid. As usual.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

19. Thanks Gaffer, aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, red state, Jeff and 2 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No different? Show me ONE FUCKING EXAMPLE of Christians beheading an unbeliever in 2014. Or 2000.
    Or suicide bombing.

Be careful, NT, the 'ignorant one' may pull a name out of her hat again......like Manson or Karesh who claimed to be some sort of authority or the CHRIST himself. HA!!!!

As for the crusades, one must know or, at least mention, ALL of history (or DETAILS) before spouting off about "so-called" Christians who were part of something that was NOT Christian. I hear the left spouting about Hitler and crew being Christian all the time but they are wrong.....just as anyone spouting off about Christians during the crusades are equally wrong. This 'Catholic' we know as Hitler was into the occults and other evils and only used Christianity as a ploy. Liberals often fail to mention the REAL Christians (many of whom were Catholic) who lost their lives and livelihood in protest of what Hitler was doing.

The fact is; during the crusades, before and after, REAL Christians were in the hot seat at the hand of early Catholics almost as heavily and/or just as heavily as the muSLUMs. Research it.....one can find truth if they look for it. Without criticizing Catholics of today, the early years of Catholicism were ruthless in their treatment of 'non-catholics' (be that group CHRISTian or non-Christian) and Catholicism was one of the reasons the Bible was kept from "THE PEOPLE". I call this something other than REAL Christianity and as NT has stated.....I'd also like to know where the headlines are that place Christianity at the helm of beheadings, rape and robbery as we've seen throughout the history of iSLUM till this very day. I'd say if a liberal can dig up 5 such stories.....any REAL conservative here could counter that with 5,000 such stories that shed iSLUM in its proper light.

Regardless of whether the early Catholics were good or bad.....right or wrong in how they went about confronting the evils of iSLUM that we STILL know to be true today, I'm glad they were what we need more of today when dealing with an enemy such as iSLUM. Say what you will about the French or mock them for being cowards or losers of wars......had it not been for the French, all of Europe may very well been speakers of the Arabic tongue.....just as Europe (and the entire world) could be speaking Germanic had it not been for the heroism of CHRISTIAN men (predominantly) who left the comfort of home and came to the rescue of the WORLD.

When spouting off the Bible (or history) one must cover ALL ground.....not just bits and pieces or what they've been told or heard or came across in some fashion. Study and then provide REAL history.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

21. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Or suicide bombing.

Her point is actually valid. Extremists are extremists. Doesn't matter what they call themselves if their actions are contrary to their stated beliefs. Trying to apply arbitrary, selective parameters to the issue doesn't fly. Christians have murdered millions in the name of Christianity. Those bodies didn't go away in 2014, nor 2000. There was nothing Christian about their behavior.

Shoe on the other foot .... what did we do in the 1700's about an occupying force in our country? The west has exploited the ME for centuries. Wouldn't you be kind of tired of having an Arab in your back yard telling you what to do and stealing your natural resources and charging you for it? I think we call that the American Revolution, right?

How about treason against our King?

No common sense nor logic applied. Western arrogance. We, the People can wage a war of terrorism against our own government (back when we had the balls to unlike now), and it's okay. But because we're so right and they're so wrong ... never mind it's none our damned business ... we can try to dictate to the rest of the world. Hypocrisy unbound. We don't practice what we preach. We ruin everything we touch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Her point is actually valid. Extremists are extremists. Doesn't matter what they call themselves if their actions are contrary to their stated beliefs. Trying to apply arbitrary, selective parameters to the issue doesn't fly. Christians have murdered millions in the name of Christianity. Those bodies didn't go away in 2014, nor 2000. There was nothing Christian about their behavior.
    Extremism is based on actions and beliefs - and Christians simply don't engage in that animal like behavior today, that the Muslim extremists live and breath still. There has GOT to be a reason that there are literally countless GROUPS of extremists within Islam - and one can barely count the same in Christianity. And it DOES matter that TODAY - there are deaths DAILY by Islamic extremists, and this is simply NOT happening from Christians.

Heads being cut off makes a difference. Being stoned to death makes a difference. Being executed in the hundreds makes a difference. Killing entire towns to try and form a caliphate makes a difference. Discriminating at the national level makes a difference. Subjugation makes a difference. Death for petty crimes that would get you a fine at best elsewhere, makes a difference.

Admittedly, Christians killed in the past, but the subject is today. Those folks aren't here and aren't a harm to life as we know it - Islamic extremism IS a threat right now. There really is no comparison, not unless this is a history class and we want to entertain the past, which I really didn't think this was about.

Other cultures and religions have evolved and became civilized, and Islam is exactly where it started at in the beginning - and in some places they are trying to reverse time and go back there.

You have an extremist that goes and pickets a funeral, tells people that God hates gays. This is always an example brought up. How many have they cut heads off of?
    You have groups that cut off heads and are murderous thugs, taking over towns killing everyone in sight and terrorizing Christians.

Sorry, but there is literally no comparison between the two, not in today's world, not in the slightest.