Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cindy Sheehan Protests Gitmo in Cuba

**This woman deserves to be sent to the same gallows as Saddam. She is there in support of many who perpetrated criminal acts against our military! Her whole family was smart enough to disconnect themselves from her but this scumbag continues to search for ways to get in the news.**

American "peace mom" Cindy Sheehan called for the closure of the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as she and other activists arrived here Saturday to draw attention to the nearly 400 terror suspects held at the remote site.

Sheehan is among 12 human rights and anti-war activists who will travel across this Caribbean island next week, arriving at the main gate of the Guantanamo base in eastern Cuba on Thursday - five years after the first prisoners were flown in.

"Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not afraid of anything," Sheehan said when asked about the possibility of U.S. sanctions for traveling to communist-run Cuba, which remains under an American trade embargo.

"What is more important is the inhumanity that my government is perpetrating at Guantanamo," she told reporters

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...133.shtml?s=ic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never saw, this Anti War Portester........Idiot......*gag me with a huge spoon*......whatever...

That wasn't in love with a Anti American dick.............................................. ..................................tator.........

Evil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Never saw, this Anti War Portester........Idiot......*gag me with a huge spoon*......whatever...

That wasn't in love with a Anti American dick.............................................. ..................................tator.........

Maybe she is a dick.....tator herself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    **This woman deserves to be sent to the same gallows as Saddam.
    For exercising her right to freedom of speech?

She is there in support of many who perpetrated criminal acts against our military!
    Who??? What criminal acts against our military?

Cindy is just a no-so-bright angry woman who's efforts at making her point became derailed by her overzealousness, overstatement of her points and by her associations.

You guys give her far more credibility than anyone I know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

**This woman deserves to be sent to the same gallows as Saddam. She is there in support of many who perpetrated criminal acts against our military! Her whole family was smart enough to disconnect themselves from her but this scumbag continues to search for ways to get in the news.**

American "peace mom" Cindy Sheehan called for the closure of the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, as she and other activists arrived here Saturday to draw attention to the nearly 400 terror suspects held at the remote site.

Sheehan is among 12 human rights and anti-war activists who will travel across this Caribbean island next week, arriving at the main gate of the Guantanamo base in eastern Cuba on Thursday - five years after the first prisoners were flown in.

"Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not afraid of anything," Sheehan said when asked about the possibility of U.S. sanctions for traveling to communist-run Cuba, which remains under an American trade embargo.

"What is more important is the inhumanity that my government is perpetrating at Guantanamo," she told reporters

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...133.shtml?s=ic
    If she trespasses on US government property, thow her as in with the towelheads. After all, she may as well join her own kind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    For actions that I think strengthens the enemies resolve. Protesting against taxes or voting issues is one thing, but protesting at the gates where terrorists, combatants and others are held captive is ridiculous. This only fuels the fire of our enemies.

Many of the captive were rounded up during combat missions. There are a number of Taliban soldiers there. In addition, it also houses Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For actions that I think strengthens the enemies resolve. Protesting against taxes or voting issues is one thing, but protesting at the gates where terrorists, combatants and others are held captive is ridiculous. This only fuels the fire of our enemies.
    Sorry. I think legitimate dissent is perfectly appropriate. The radicals don't need us to "strengthen their resolve". They already hate us and we keep giving them everything they need to recruit reenforcements.

Many of the captive were rounded up during combat missions. There are a number of Taliban soldiers there. In addition, it also houses Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh.
    If they were rounded up during combat missions, they should be charged and tried. You don't know who's in there or for what. And therein lies the problem with Gitmo. You could be picked up tomorrow, sent there and have no recourse to an attorney, no charges against you, and no way to challenge your incarceration. Those basic rights should be enforced, even in Gitmo. Cindy just isn't the person to raise those issues and I think she turns off more people than she convinces because she's associated herself with the furthest extremes of the left.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Cindy is just a no-so-bright angry woman who's efforts at making her point became derailed by her overzealousness, overstatement of her points and by her associations.

You guys give her far more credibility than anyone I know.
    Free speech, huh? She's an idiot, not to mention butt-ugly. I find it hard to believe that any liberal who wants to be taken seriously would defend her repeated attempts at getting her face on the 5 o'clock news.

As far as rights go, she has no right to enter a US military reservation, and last I heard, one had to have special permission to travel to Cuba. If she violates the law in usual brainless manner, they need to toss her ass in the can for it.

Her ultra-extremist, illogical point of view does not place her above the law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sorry. I think legitimate dissent is perfectly appropriate. The radicals don't need us to "strengthen their resolve". They already hate us and we keep giving them everything they need to recruit reenforcements.

If they were rounded up during combat missions, they should be charged and tried. You don't know who's in there or for what. And therein lies the problem with Gitmo. You could be picked up tomorrow, sent there and have no recourse to an attorney, no charges against you, and no way to challenge your incarceration. Those basic rights should be enforced, even in Gitmo. Cindy just isn't the person to raise those issues and I think she turns off more people than she convinces because she's associated herself with the furthest extremes of the left.
    Define "legitimate dissent." I think she goes above and beyond the intent.

Why should people incarcerated for participating in actions against this nation be allowed to hide behind the very laws they wish to destroy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Define "legitimate dissent." I think she goes above and beyond the intent.
    Like I said... I just don't think she's all that bright. I also think that the right gives her far more credence than anyone I know who is a Dem. I don't think she goes beyond legitimate dissent. The whole point of the First Amendment is to protect speech we don't like because the nice stuff doesn't need protection.

Why should people incarcerated for participating in actions against this nation be allowed to hide behind the very laws they wish to destroy?
    Don't you first have to prove they wanted to destroy the law before you draw that conclusion? It's not how we do things here. Or have we become a banana republic? I'd hate to think that was the case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Legitimate dissent would be fine. But I disagree that protesting in Cuba is legit, nor defending the freedoms of those who fight against us. I disagree with any protesting against our military but fully understand and agree with the freedom to express ones dissent. Throw out a press conference, take out ads, have a parade/protest... but flying into Cuba of all places, to go to a military zone to protest them protecting our country?

Policy may be a bit abrasive for some, but I have no doubt whatsoever to the legitimacy of those held. I seriously doubt the chances of an innocent American citizen ending up there for anything short of treason. Hell, I seriously doubt the every day citizen from foreign countries have anything to worry about either. Those in there were either in direct combat with our soldiers, financed terrorists or assisted them.

We're at war with fanatics. If a handful of suspected terrorists don't get rosy treatment, I won't lose a wink of sleep. If they were let free, and ever committed a terrorist act, most would take those in charge to task for their 'failures'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Like I said... I just don't think she's all that bright. I also think that the right gives her far more credence than anyone I know who is a Dem. I don't think she goes beyond legitimate dissent. The whole point of the First Amendment is to protect speech we don't like because the nice stuff doesn't need protection.

I don't see the right giving her all that much credence. This is a message board, not a cable news channel, nor international media outlet.

Just depends on how you interpret the right to free speech. IMO, the intent is that everyone has a right to voice their dissent in a proper forum. Obviously, I am in the minority with that opinion, but I believe it to be the correct one nonetheless.

Don't you first have to prove they wanted to destroy the law before you draw that conclusion? It's not how we do things here. Or have we become a banana republic? I'd hate to think that was the case.
    When you fly planes into buildings, take up arms against the US, or conspire to bring about our downfall in any way, you are attempting to destroy the ideals that this Nation is founded on, to include its laws.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Legitimate dissent would be fine. But I disagree that protesting in Cuba is legit, nor defending the freedoms of those who fight against us. I disagree with any protesting against our military but fully understand and agree with the freedom to express ones dissent. Throw out a press conference, take out ads, have a parade/protest... but flying into Cuba of all places, to go to a military zone to protest them protecting our country?

Policy may be a bit abrasive for some, but I have no doubt whatsoever to the legitimacy of those held. I seriously doubt the chances of an innocent American citizen ending up there for anything short of treason. Hell, I seriously doubt the every day citizen from foreign countries have anything to worry about either. Those in there were either in direct combat with our soldiers, financed terrorists or assisted them.

We're at war with fanatics. If a handful of suspected terrorists don't get rosy treatment, I won't lose a wink of sleep. If they were let free, and ever committed a terrorist act, most would take those in charge to task for their 'failures'.
    They don't get rosey treatment? Last I heard, they live better and have their religion catered to better than a lot of US citizens living in the US do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

flying into Cuba of all places, to go to a military zone to protest them protecting our country?
    Well... I don't think it's the smartest thing in the world and it wouldn't be a choice I'd make... but like I said, I don't think Cindy has huge credibility either.

Policy may be a bit abrasive for some, but I have no doubt whatsoever to the legitimacy of those held.
    I think government is always suspect. And I wouldn't trust the current admin if their tongues were notarized.

I seriously doubt the chances of an innocent American citizen ending up there for anything short of treason.
    They've already released people after a number of years against whom there was absolutely no evidence. Like I said, if they've committed treason... lock 'em up and throw away the key. But first it has to be proven.... they should have access to attorneys and hearings and to the evidence and charges against them. This is America, right?

Hell, I seriously doubt the every day citizen from foreign countries have anything to worry about either.
    But that's been proven not to be the case since, again, we've already released innocent people who were held without charges for years.

Those in there were either in direct combat with our soldiers, financed terrorists or assisted them.
    So prove it. That's what we do here, hence laws against suspending Habeas Corpus.

You can't wage a war against an ideology. If WWII had been a "war against fascists", we'd still be fighting it. You can't just unilaterally decide someone is a terrorist without giving them the opportunity to defend themselves. If we make ourself no better than they are, then what exactly is it we're fighting to preserve?

Anyway, pleasure chatting.... time for me to share the 'puter with the boy!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This c**t was washed up long ago, who gives a fuck where she goes or what she does. As far as I knew she was supposed to be hounding the halls of the new Congress until impeachment proceedings started, we see how well that went.

She makes retards look like rocket scientists.