Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
Legitimate dissent would be fine. But I disagree that protesting in Cuba is legit, nor defending the freedoms of those who fight against us. I disagree with any protesting against our military but fully understand and agree with the freedom to express ones dissent. Throw out a press conference, take out ads, have a parade/protest... but flying into Cuba of all places, to go to a military zone to protest them protecting our country?

Policy may be a bit abrasive for some, but I have no doubt whatsoever to the legitimacy of those held. I seriously doubt the chances of an innocent American citizen ending up there for anything short of treason. Hell, I seriously doubt the every day citizen from foreign countries have anything to worry about either. Those in there were either in direct combat with our soldiers, financed terrorists or assisted them.

We're at war with fanatics. If a handful of suspected terrorists don't get rosy treatment, I won't lose a wink of sleep. If they were let free, and ever committed a terrorist act, most would take those in charge to task for their 'failures'.
They don't get rosey treatment? Last I heard, they live better and have their religion catered to better than a lot of US citizens living in the US do.