Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    But please, DO post an example of political bias presented as fact by Fox. I would be interested to see what you consider "biased."
    It's biased because "he says so" Gunny. Why do you need more reason than that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High Plains Drifter View Post
    It's biased because "he says so" Gunny. Why do you need more reason than that?
    "He says so" is not a credible source in my book. If he wants some credibility, he needs to earn some.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One cable TV news outlet makes up for at least 6 tv news outlets and pretty much every newspaper in existence? And that's just in THIS country.

But please, DO post an example of political bias presented as fact by Fox. I would be interested to see what you consider "biased."

You do know that's like asking for proof that the Village Voice is skewed left, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I get it. All media outlets OTHER than Fox present facts in a biased manner, or outright lie about facts...sure....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    You do know that's like asking for proof that the Village Voice is skewed left, right?
    Nah ... I asked for one example. Not all that hard.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Oh, I get it. All media outlets OTHER than Fox present facts in a biased manner, or outright lie about facts...sure....
    Obviously you DON'T get it since I neither said nor implied anything of the sort.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obviously you DON'T get it since I neither said nor implied anything of the sort.
    Oh, I do get it. We are talking media bias, you're talking outright lies. Show me where CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times have lied and the editors approved of it (you don't get to cite Jayson Blair or Stephen Glass - they did things that went under the radar, but when caught were sent to the wolves by their bosses). I don't think ANY media outlet LIES, I think they bend the truth to suit their own political agenda.....sometimes....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh, I do get it. We are talking media bias, you're talking outright lies. Show me where CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times have lied and the editors approved of it (you don't get to cite Jayson Blair or Stephen Glass - they did things that went under the radar, but when caught were sent to the wolves by their bosses). I don't think ANY media outlet LIES, I think they bend the truth to suit their own political agenda.....sometimes....
    Bending the truth to suit your agenda is lying. Those you mentioned above have all done that ALOT. You left out Rueters and AP. Can we say Dan Rather? Those networks and papers are not just left leaning, they are outright standing in left field and thumbing their noses at America. CNN broadcast islamist snipers shooting American soldiers on pay per view.

So many lies and so little space to cover them all.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Bending the truth to suit your agenda is lying. Those you mentioned above have all done that ALOT. You left out Rueters and AP. Can we say Dan Rather? Those networks and papers are not just left leaning, they are outright standing in left field and thumbing their noses at America. CNN broadcast islamist snipers shooting American soldiers on pay per view.

So many lies and so little space to cover them all.
    No, you are wrong. A lie is a lie. Having an angle to a story is nothing new and ALL journos do it. Lying is deliberately making shit up that never happened.

Dunno why you mention CNN and the snipers with regard to lying. The snipers weren't really shooting at US soldiers???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, you are wrong. A lie is a lie. Having an angle to a story is nothing new and ALL journos do it. Lying is deliberately making shit up that never happened.

Dunno why you mention CNN and the snipers with regard to lying. The snipers weren't really shooting at US soldiers???
    Bending the truth is just as much a lie as outright making something up. Its designed to decieve. And all journalists doing it doesn't make it right. Its taught to them in college. No ethics among journalists anymore as far as the MSm and print media is concerned.

The cnn snipers scene were shot by a cnn stringer embeded with the islomists and they WERE shooting at US troops. The fact they would put that on pay per view shows what a discusting organization cnn is. Shall we talk about their deals with saddam, not to say anything bad about him and not report the autrocities they saw so they could keep people in iraq when all the other news media were getting kicked out.

The AP had sources that were unidentified, didn't exist or were not authorized to give out information. Rueters had the doctored photo expose along with the staged photos they depicted as news. They all bend and twist the truth and in many cases out right lie.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Bending the truth is just as much a lie as outright making something up. Its designed to decieve. And all journalists doing it doesn't make it right. Its taught to them in college. No ethics among journalists anymore as far as the MSm and print media is concerned.

The cnn snipers scene were shot by a cnn stringer embeded with the islomists and they WERE shooting at US troops. The fact they would put that on pay per view shows what a discusting organization cnn is. Shall we talk about their deals with saddam, not to say anything bad about him and not report the autrocities they saw so they could keep people in iraq when all the other news media were getting kicked out.

The AP had sources that were unidentified, didn't exist or were not authorized to give out information. Rueters had the doctored photo expose along with the staged photos they depicted as news. They all bend and twist the truth and in many cases out right lie.
    Give me an example of media telling an outright lie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Give me an example of media telling an outright lie.
    Dan Rather. Fake documents. Remember?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Dan Rather. Fake documents. Remember?
    No lies told there. I read an article in Vanity Fair by Rather's producer (Mapps I think her name was). She was furious at the source after they broke the story. They were mistaken (but even then, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it), but they didn't knowingly lie. Big difference. However, if you do want to draw that conclusion - that they purposefully lied - then Bush knowingly lied to the American public about WMDs in Iraq. You think he did?

Try again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Think the Mother will give a shit??

Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with putting down the United States...

Wives of jailed dissidents urge Sheehan to visit Cuba's prisons

By VANESSA ARRINGTON
    Associated Press Writer

Wives and mothers of Cuban political prisoners urged U.S. peace activist Cindy Sheehan on Monday to visit the island's state-run jails during her week long trip to Cuba to call for the closure of the U.S.-operated Guantanamo prison.

The Ladies in White, a group of women demanding the release of their loved ones, described what they called "inhumane" conditions at Cuba's prisons in a letter for Sheehan that was sent to international reporters. The group said it was trying to get a copy to Sheehan as well.

"At the same time you and your noble followers fight for the closure of the U.S. prison at the Guantanamo naval base ... just a few miles away at the provincial Guantanamo prison in Cuban territory, peaceful and defenseless political prisoners suffer inhumane conditions, (living) without potable water and with poor nutrition, deficient medical assistance, insects and rodents, limited visits and precarious communication," the letter said.

"We exhort you to visit the prisons of Cuba, chosen randomly, and not those prepared" by authorities, it added.

Sheehan arrived in Havana on Saturday with a dozen other peace activists and plans to attend a human rights conference in the eastern Cuban city of Guantanamo on Wednesday. On Thursday, the group is to hold a protest outside the U.S. Navy's Guantanamo base, where nearly 400 men are being held on suspicion of links to al-Qaeda or the Taliban.

In the letter, the Ladies in White said they are a peaceful group that faces constant harassment from Cuban officials. They also asked Sheehan to meet with them so she "could know this other reality of Cuban society."

Their jailed husbands and sons are among 75 activists rounded up in the spring of 2003 and sentenced to prison terms ranging from six to 28 years. Sixteen of those prisoners have since been released for health reasons, but more than 300 human rights activists, independent journalists and members of outlawed political parties remain behind bars, according to rights groups.

Thursday's protest outside the U.S. military base will coincide with demonstrations around the world to mark the fifth anniversary of the first prisoners' arrival and demand that Washington close the prison.
    http://www.dailycomet.com/apps/pbcs..../APN/701083118

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No lies told there. I read an article in Vanity Fair by Rather's producer (Mapps I think her name was). She was furious at the source after they broke the story. They were mistaken (but even then, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something to it), but they didn't knowingly lie. Big difference. However, if you do want to draw that conclusion - that they purposefully lied - then Bush knowingly lied to the American public about WMDs in Iraq. You think he did?

Try again...
    Sorry Grump, but Dan Rather produced and read FAKE DOCUMENTS on air. They were exposed as fake by the bloggosphere. I can find the story if need be, but you know as well as I do what I'm saying is true. Dan Rather lied. MSM lied. Liars. Reading fake documents just went to show to what extent they'll go.