Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rob Lowe: 'Living Well Is The Best Revenge'

I think Rob Lowe is one of the few brat packers that is still very successful in movies and on TV (I love his new Direct TV commercial spots). Interesting article... I really like it that he has taken up the fight against Cancer and Alzheimer’s. Some nice pictures at the link as well.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Rob Lowe, 25 years sober, sat in the Champagne Room at the famed Palladium Theater in Hollywood, California on Friday night, dressed in all black but sans tie. The 50-year-old actor was all ready for prom.

There with his wife, Sheryl Berkoff, Lowe was on hand to support comedian Seth Rogen’s third annual Hilarity for Charity event. This year, the theme was '80s prom, which suited Lowe just fine: He never even went to his own prom, forgoing that seminal rite of passage for 1983’s cult favorite, “The Outsiders.”

“I’m going to try to make up for lost time by making out with my wife in the backseat of a car tonight,” he said to HuffPost Entertainment, looking over at Berkoff, who was seated nearby.

Lowe has long been involved in raising awareness for health issues, specifically cancer. He has worked tirelessly with Stand Up To Cancer and was the first male spokesperson for breast cancer awareness, having lost his mother and grandmother to the disease.

Now, he's working with Genworth to encourage families to start having conversations about long-term health preparation for diseases like Alzheimer’s. He likens it to having the adult version of the birds-and-the-bees talk, and says it can be uncomfortable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6007034.html

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, aboutime, Gunny thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm impressed with what I know of RL - and I really enjoy his work.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, Shadow thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'm impressed with what I know of RL - and I really enjoy his work.
    Hey Darin. How's it going?
    i agree. Like most in Hollywood,I don't really like his politics. But other then that he seems like a pretty good guy who also happens to be very tented.