Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    DISCLAIMER : Excludes SassyLady, Abbey, Kathianne, Trigg, Stephanie, Shadow, Pixiestix, DLT, NT's Girl, GrannyHawkins, Perianne, Gabosaurus, and all other women posters at DP.

This is a public service disclaimer to save HJ from a serious ass kicking even though he deserves it.
    Too late!

Women can wait an eternity to get revenge and he won't even see it coming. I promise.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    There's a Joke about the 1st woman president.
    Ladies it's not flattering I apologize ahead of time.

The President of Russia gets a call from his generals saying that the US has launched several Nukes and they will arrive in 10 minutes destroying the gulag and other Russian areas.
    The president of Russia is completely confused and shocked and thinks it must be some horrible mistake.
    He gets to the red phone and calls the President.
    Russian President: Madam President, What's going on?! why have you attacked us? What did we do?
    Madam President: Oh, I think you know exactly what you did!
    Sounds reasonable. She didn't need "A" reason .... he's already trying to decide "which" thing he did because he knows he did something. He might even confess to something she didn't even know about and then she is doubly justified!!

3. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Speaking of evil women ... Rev's joke reminded me of a boss I had a few years ago. She was CEO and a retired cop. She used intimidation as her management style. She would go around the office and sit down next to you and do some small talk and then out of the blue would say "so, why did you do it?" in an attempt to get people to confess to something.

As the new kid on the block I was given a heads up that she was doing the rounds and chatting. When she sat down I knew what was coming. When she asked "why did you do it"? I said "because I wanted to". She had a momentary blank look and I said "and I would do it again if given the opportunity ... in fact, I quite enjoyed doing it. Perhaps next time I'll ask you to join me."

Of course, she didn't want to admit she had no idea what I was talking about so she said "I'm glad you enjoyed it". Needless to say I was on her hit list after that. We had a couple of head-to-head battles in her office and after I quit we even had to have lawyers iron some things out.

She was a sneaky bitch. I had signed a contract for a non compete. Fortunately for me, her assistant left something out of the one that we signed that had been in the draft that we both had reviewed. She tried to get the court to admit the draft as evidence of intent ... however, both of our initials were on every page of the final copy .... thank goodness for inept assistants.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, revelarts, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

DISCLAIMER : Excludes SassyLady, Abbey, Kathianne, Trigg, Stephanie, Shadow, Pixiestix, DLT, NT's Girl, GrannyHawkins, Perianne, Gabosaurus, and all other women posters at DP.

This is a public service disclaimer to save HJ from a serious ass kicking even though he deserves it.
    LOL! This post was an admission to the wrath of women. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Speaking of evil women ... Rev's joke reminded me of a boss I had a few years ago. She was CEO and a retired cop. She used intimidation as her management style. She would go around the office and sit down next to you and do some small talk and then out of the blue would say "so, why did you do it?" in an attempt to get people to confess to something.

As the new kid on the block I was given a heads up that she was doing the rounds and chatting. When she sat down I knew what was coming. When she asked "why did you do it"? I said "because I wanted to". She had a momentary blank look and I said "and I would do it again if given the opportunity ... in fact, I quite enjoyed doing it. Perhaps next time I'll ask you to join me."

Of course, she didn't want to admit she had no idea what I was talking about so she said "I'm glad you enjoyed it". Needless to say I was on her hit list after that. We had a couple of head-to-head battles in her office and after I quit we even had to have lawyers iron some things out.

She was a sneaky bitch. I had signed a contract for a non compete. Fortunately for me, her assistant left something out of the one that we signed that had been in the draft that we both had reviewed. She tried to get the court to admit the draft as evidence of intent ... however, both of our initials were on every page of the final copy .... thank goodness for inept assistants.
    As an Aspie, I drive people like that nuts. I would have opened a copy of Visio, attempting to flowchart whatever decision she was talking about. I would have then said "Let's carefully examine the action whose decision process you're interested in. Let's document each stage so that no detail is left unrepresented." However, things would have never gotten that far. I carefully read everything I sign. In fact in my current gig, they had to modify the non-compete or it was "no deal, find somebody else".

In which industry was your non-compete?
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-11-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

What I'd like to know is why Sassy is in the number one slot?
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

10. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Too late!

Women can wait an eternity to get revenge and he won't even see it coming. I promise.
    This is very true.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    This is very true.

That's why I say expect that from "liberated" women from the get-go. I don't think of anything I might have done, I tag people like that (mostly women, but some men) as assholes and avoid leaving an opening. It's amusing to hear people like that ask why they are left out of the loop or why their stuff gets fixed last if at all. If I do little or no work for you, there is less for you to criticize.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-11-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    As an Aspie, I drive people like that nuts. I would have opened a copy of Visio, attempting to flowchart whatever decision she was talking about. I would have then said "Let's carefully examine the action whose decision process you're interested in. Let's document each stage so that no detail is left unrepresented." However, things would have never gotten that far. I carefully read everything I sign. In fact in my current gig, they had to modify the non-compete or it was "no deal, find somebody else".

In which industry was your non-compete?
    Small business consulting ... not really a non-compete. I basically purchased the client list I was working with when I left the company and paid them a percentage of my monthly consulting fees. However, the part she thought went into the contract, but thankfully got left out, was to turn over an additional 25% of any fees received from any client that was a referral from the client list I had purchased. It was not in the original contract we signed ... if it had been I would not have signed it.

I think it was part of any subsequent contact that was signed by the next wave of employees leaving and she thought it was in mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    What I'd like to know is why Sassy is in the number one slot?
    I wish it was as exciting as it sounds cause your guy is super hot ... but, it's just a case of respecting his elders and because I'm the eldest ... I'm first.

15. Thanks NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    That's why I say expect that from "liberated" women from the get-go. I don't think of anything I might have done, I tag people like that (mostly women, but some men) as assholes and avoid leaving an opening. It's amusing to hear people like that ask why they are left out of the loop or why their stuff gets fixed last if at all. If I do little or no work for you, there is less for you to criticize.

Why not just do things right to begin with ... regardless of whether it is male/female; liberal/conservative; black/white .... and then you wouldn't have to "tag" people as assholes.