Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Shredding the Constitution: Obama’s attack on the media

Shredding the Constitution: Obama’s attack on the media
    By Jennifer Rubin

The president hasn’t attempted to distance himself from the Associated Press snooping campaign. To the contrary, he offered “no apologies.” To be blunt, he approves the most invasive breach of the First Amendment against any news organization in the history of the republic. No president has tried this and for good reason. We now have yet another media abuse story, in a way much more severe.

The Post breaks the story that the Obama administration indulged in excruciatingly invasive spying on James Rosen of Fox News and, in an unprecedented move, asserted that his newsgathering is criminal. The Post reports:

When the Justice Department began investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea in 2009, investigators did more than obtain telephone records of a working journalist suspected of receiving the secret material.

They used security badge access records to track the reporter’s comings and goings from the State Department, according to a newly obtained court affidavit. They traced the timing of his calls with a State Department security adviser suspected of sharing the classified report. They obtained a search warrant for the reporter’s personal e-mails.

Moreover, the FBI agent involved in his affidavit asserted “that there was evidence Rosen had broken the law, ‘at the very least, either as an aider, abettor and/or co-conspirator.’ That fact distinguishes his case from the probe of the AP, in which the news organization is not the likely target.” No administration has ever taken this stance.

Even before The Post story broke, the AP’s impressive chief executive, Gary Pruitt, went on “Face the Nation” to outline the media dragnet conducted on his editors and reporters. He explained that 21 phone lines were involved. “And these were phone lines for reporters, direct lines, cellphones, home phones. But also the office numbers, the main office numbers for AP offices in New York, Washington, the House of Representatives, and Hartford, Connecticut. So over a hundred — approximately a hundred journalists used these telephone lines as part of news gathering. And over the course of the two months of the records that they swept up, thousands and — upon thousands of news gathering calls were made.”
    Least we forget the true Obama agenda and Obama's radicalized political philosophies.
    Or the other many true scandals put on back burners by his current idiotic doings. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Drummond, PixieStix, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Cut n paste. ad nauseum.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Cut n paste. ad nauseum.
    -- So what ?

If the end result of such an exercise provides a basis for discussion - or even actually DOESN'T, but merely informs ... why ever not ?

Even if the subject-matter here falls outside of my more usual area of knowledge, I appreciate the chance to learn of both the material and the perspective offered.

Besides which, Tyr provided commentary on it ! So again ... what's the issue ?

Thanks go to Tyr for his efforts.
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-22-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks PixieStix, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    -- So what ?

If the end result of such an exercise provides a basis for discussion - or even actually DOESN'T, but merely informs ... why ever not ?

Even if the subject-matter here falls outside of my more usual area of knowledge, I appreciate the chance to learn of both the material and the perspective offered.

Besides which, Tyr provided commentary on it ! So again ... what's the issue ?

Thanks go to Tyr for his efforts.
    Okay. You know what I like about you, drummond? You have ideals and you speak for yourself. Doesn't matter if we agree. It matters that you THINK those things.

My 6 years old granddaughter can cut n paste. Cutting and pasting link after link can be performed by a mindless drone.

What's you actual knowledge on the topic? So yeah, it matters. My opinions don't come from xxx.com. Especially if they're so one-sided they suck the air out of the room.
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-22-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Okay. You know what I like about you, drummond? You have ideals and you speak for yourself. Doesn't matter if we agree. It matters that you THINK those things.
    Thank you.

My 6 years old granddaughter can cut n paste. Cutting and pasting link after link can be performed by a mindless drone.
    Perhaps. But ... so what ?

Regardless of what you think of the action of cutting and pasting, you're apparently inferring from that action that nothing of worth can come of it. But I disagree, and for reasons I've already expressed. A considerable amount can come from such an action, its having value to a discussion site such as this.

And -- as I said, and as anyone can see for themselves, Tyr did more than just copy text. He added commentary.

So what's the difficulty ?

What's you actual knowledge on the topic? So yeah, it matters. My opinions don't come from xxx.com. Especially if they're so one-sided they suck the air out of the room.
    My knowledge, thanks to the fact I'm not an American, is unsurprisingly minimal. Which itself argues in favour of the initial post, does it not ? Forums such as this have a lot to teach me.

And if part of your complaint is that only 'one side' is being expressed .. then, OK ... this forum is an ideal location to offer a constructive counter to it, by trying to offer what you may see as balance.

-- Better that, I suggest, than merely offering complaint ?

If you have disagreement to offer, let's learn of its substance, put it to the test of discussion, sift its capacity to add to our perspective. Who knows ... this, too, I may find instructive ... which is surely no bad thing ?

So I fail to understand why you see any problem here. Let's all see what argument you want to offer !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks PixieStix, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Cut n paste. ad nauseum.
    Right, all threads should start with posters opinion and nothing else..
    I started this thread to discuss attacks upon our Constitution by Obama..
    If you find it too hard to discuss ignore it..

Mr, "....wrote"...................

How about suggesting admin here make a rule we posters can not cut n paste....

I mean wouldn't want to upset your fine , delicate sensibilities..-- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.