Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Because that God is you. Instinctively speaking.

Our hiving or groupish natures and desire for friendship and fellowship lead us and statistics are showing how well our selfishness is working in terms of rapprochement for each of us to the whole world.

This tribalism is both a blessing and a curse. The hive/you, seeks to unite with the other hives, --- is everyone's basic hive mind's number one desire. This is your base driving force for survival.

We desire one God and human master above all other desires. We all crave a monotheistic world while wanting that God to be ourselves. We call that freedom. We are all in this together while all wishing to stand alone and above. Some call this our selfish gene and without it we would go extinct.

Note the wisdom of the first few self-centred commandments. Like that God, we are all quite self-centered. Not near as barbaric as the bible God in most cases though, --- and our recognition of duty sends that self-centeredness to duty and love, --- when it turns outwardly or towards others.

If I was to define God as, --- ( just the best set of rules to live life by ), --- then the statement, --- believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God, --- becomes truth.

That God, --- described as rules and laws, --- is what believers seek.

Non-believers seek the same thing, but with an ideal that is a human leader (s), and not a supernatural being.

It seems that our natural selfishness turned duty is serving us well as a species if the trends are real. Remember to continue to seek an ideal in rules and laws.

If you have found God, you are an idol worshiper. Your bible or holy book condemns such an action.

As said in Candid, we are in the best of all possible worlds, because this is the only possible world. The world evolves and our political Gods as well as our religious Gods and masters must also all evolve.

We all seek a Monotheistic God and we all want him or her to be us. We do look outwardly though for the role model, --- and that is what makes the search worthy. It is what makes us more fully human.

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. God is that part of you that is more fully human.

Regards
    DL
    Last edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop; 10-22-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Gnostic!

Where ya been, buddy?

You must have missed it, so I'll ask it again : Did you check out any of those Churches there in Ottawa?

I have more that I can post for you if those weren't to your taste.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks jimnyc, revelarts, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post

Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Because that God is you. Instinctively speaking.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. God is that part of you that is more fully human.

Regards
    DL
    wow,
    the lies your promote are still the same as the old ones, just with more words.

Genesis
    4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! 5 For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

But there are more honest opinions

2 Thessalonians 2:3
    Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom,
    4 Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God.

Isaiash 45:
    18 The Lord alone is God!
    He created the heavens and made a world where people can live,
    instead of creating an empty desert.
    The Lord alone is God;
    there are no others.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Using scripture to prove or as evidence of God is logical fallacy at best; as God is vastly bigger and more complex than the bible; the writings humans decided are "of god" assumes the reader already believes.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

6. Thanks fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    wow,
    the lies your promote are still the same as the old ones, just with more words.

Genesis
    4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! 5 For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

But there are more honest opinions

2 Thessalonians 2:3
    Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom,
    4 Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God.

Isaiash 45:
    18 The Lord alone is God!
    He created the heavens and made a world where people can live,
    instead of creating an empty desert.
    The Lord alone is God;
    there are no others.
    Let me quote you back.

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. It is to become fully human.

Regards

DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Using scripture to prove or as evidence of God is logical fallacy at best; as God is vastly bigger and more complex than the bible; the writings humans decided are "of god" assumes the reader already believes.
    Indeed.
    To engage a theist in dialog though, we have to play with the theists literal ball.

That is what studying religion is all about. Literalists have just forgotten the Dark Ages that their literalism was responsible for.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Um DMP, so you attack me for using the Bible to "prove" aspects of God
    but you don't attack GNot-a-Christain when he uses the Bible to try and DISPROVE aspects of God?
    sorry I'm confused.
    why am i the target here DMP?

But look, you Believe the Bible in some respects. you're a universalist of some stripe so you don't accept others parts.
    And GNot-a-Christain does appears to accept parts of the Bible already as well. He just has an upside down view of what's there.

I may be wrong but i believe that GNot-a-Christains in general believe that the God of the Bible is "a god" of some sort.
    And Jesus was some type of powerful being.

so no one in the conversation here is an atheist or completely dismisses the scripture.
    PLUS there NO WAY to talk about God with any clarity without the Scripture. Even if you don't believe it. it's still true.

You can't talk about George Washington in any detail without a history book. Or you father without contact with him, his family and co-workers TELLING you details about him that you don't know. Some things have to be REVEALED to you by other humans.

Of Course You're free to question their stories but you should have D@mn good reasons, not just "I don't like what i'm hearing" and "they are human" especially if you weren't there.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-23-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Let me quote you back.

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. It is to become fully human.

Regards

DL
    Indeed.
    To engage a theist in dialog though, we have to play with the theists literal ball.

That is what studying religion is all about. Literalists have just forgotten the Dark Ages that their literalism was responsible for.

Regards
    DL
    Ok which is it DL?

you've this Human Being Alan Watt quoting Jesus from the Bible and using those words as Authoritative in making the point that "all are gods". And in nearly the same breath he says the words of the Bible are not needed because we "have the spirit". (another quote from the Bible BTW)
    then you have some guy that says that Jesus is a Myth and rolls on from there.

All these "human beings" you present in these vids and quotes DL, They claim to be authoritative and literally true to the reality of fact and spirituality.
    They each want you to believe THEM but not the "Human beings" who penned the Bible.

Do you see the basic problem here? (i'll be pleasantly shocked to get a strait answer to this.)

now maybe you'll say you believe both. Authoritative REALITY & Myth.
    Sorry, earlier you claimed you are "rational". So you can't have A=non A here.
    Either the words of Jesus in Bible are authoritative or they are just made up stories with no more weight than Little Red Riding Hood.
    You don't build your ideas of wolves based on myth but real accounts by those with factual living experience.
    Neither should you align you spiritual life with myths.

But since you and DP have told us that human beings are not reliable in general, then there's NO need to consider your words or his and definitely not you gnostic teachers of old as anything more than BS artist and go our way.
    If we are being rational that is.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-23-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

but you don't attack GNot-a-Christain when he uses the Bible to try and DISPROVE aspects of God?
    sorry I'm confused.

But look, you Believe the Bible in some respects. you're a universalist of some stripe so you don't accept others parts.
    And GNot-a-Christain does appears to accept parts of the Bible already as well. He just has an upside down view of what's there.

I may be wrong but i believe that GNot-a-Christains in general believe that the God of the Bible is "a god" of some sort.

so no one in the conversation here is an atheist or completely dismisses the scripture.
    PLUS there NO WAY to talk about God with any clarity without the Scripture. Even if you don't believe it. it's still true.

You can't talk about George Washington in any detail without a history book. Or you father without contact with him, his family and co-workers TELLING you details about him that you don't know. Some things have to be REVEALED to you by other humans.

Of Course You're free to question their stories but you should have D@mn good reasons, not just "I don't like what i'm hearing" and "they are human" especially if you weren't there.
    ??

Is your bible telling you to not enough for you?

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Like questioning your belief in substitutionary atonement for jut the one instance.

I consider that evil while you consider it good.

That is why your bible tells you to question what you believe.

Being an idol worshiper, you, like most Christian, do not question and only accept thoughtlessly.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ok which is it DL?

you've this Human Being Alan Watt quoting Jesus from the Bible and using those words as Authoritative in making the point that "all are gods". And in nearly the same breath he says the words of the Bible are not needed because we "have the spirit". (another quote from the Bible BTW)
    then you have some guy that says that Jesus is a Myth and rolls on from there.

All these "human beings" you present in these vids and quotes DL, They claim to be authoritative and literally true to the reality of fact and spirituality.
    They each want you to believe THEM but not the "Human beings" who penned the Bible.

Do you see the basic problem here? (i'll be pleasantly shocked to get a strait answer to this.)

now maybe you'll say you believe both. Authoritative REALITY & Myth.
    Sorry, earlier you claimed you are "rational". So you can't have A=non A here.
    Either the words of Jesus in Bible are authoritative or they are just made up stories with no more weight than Little Red Riding Hood.
    You don't build your ideas of wolves based on myth but real accounts by those with factual living experience.
    Neither should you align you spiritual life with myths.

But since you and DP have told us that human beings are not reliable in general, then there's NO need to consider your words or his and definitely not you gnostic teachers of old as anything more than BS artist and go our way.
    If we are being rational that is.
    How much authority should we give to a book that began with a talking serpent and a God who screwed up his own heaven by not being able to quell rebellion and his own beginning on earth by not being able to get our respect as well?

Some might see that God as a loser.

Regards
    DL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

My God is not myself.....not even close. I am a sinner and am therefore, imperfect. Only my God, the only God, is perfect and without sin. And only he can judge me. Nobody else....not even myself. Your illogic is, however, perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

??

Is your bible telling you to not enough for you?

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Like questioning your belief in substitutionary atonement for jut the one instance.

I consider that evil while you consider it good.

That is why your bible tells you to question what you believe.

Being an idol worshiper, you, like most Christian, do not question and only accept thoughtlessly.

Regards
    DL
    What is telling you that "substitutionary atonement" is evil?
    where EXACTLY did you get that idea?

simple question.
    please I'd like a simple and direct answer

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

sorry I'm confused.
    Before I answer I'm confused a bit - why do you think I attacked you?

I try to not-attack everybody who is reasonable. I think Gnostic presents a lot of goofball "arguments" he pulls from his ass, the bible, or whatever. And I'd agree if asked the Bible can read pretty f'd up if taken out of context.

What's a universalist? I'll have to google before responding to that part. I fully accept the bible as this: A collection of books put-together by religious 'politicians' - through discussion and give-and-take - in an effort to 'consolidate power' of sorts within the young Christian Churches. The bible is useful to giving the reader a glimpse of God.

One MUST completely dismiss scripture when scripture is used in an effort to Prove God's existence.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Before I answer I'm confused a bit - why do you think I attacked you?
    I try to not-attack everybody who is reasonable. I think Gnostic presents a lot of goofball "arguments" he pulls from his ass, the bible, or whatever. And I'd agree if asked the Bible can read pretty f'd up if taken out of context.
    Attack may be a strong word, But as you say Gnot-a-Chrisitan puts up all kinds of Crazy crap. and you didn't comment on it negatively.
    but i quote a few Bible verse and your typing away at me supposedly straitening me out.

and For what?
    I wasn't trying to prove God with the Bible.
    we all seem to believe in some God or gods already.
    Gnot-a-Chrsitian took some Biblical ideas outta context and I was putting them BACK,
    and you come in to correct me?
    makes no sense DMP.

What's a universalist? I'll have to google before responding to that part. I fully accept the bible as this: A collection of books put-together by religious 'politicians' - through discussion and give-and-take - in an effort to 'consolidate power' of sorts within the young Christian Churches. The bible is useful to giving the reader a glimpse of God.
    Ah boy, well I didn't know you were that far gone. DMP. I thought you had a better view of Scripture than that.
    and again I'd have to ask you as I did Gnot-a-Chrisitian.
    BY what Authority do you get you information about God. you say the Bible only gives you a glimpse.
    where do you get a better picture. exactly. don't go melle mouth like Gnot-a-chrsitian.
    is it something you READ --from a human--
    is it your own ideas ---personal opinion--
    what?

One MUST completely dismiss scripture when scripture is used in an effort to Prove God's existence.
    Please read read what i wrote and address it so i can understand what you mean. this Assertion is meaningless. Especially if you don't say what you mean by it.
    ther are arguments that i could bring to bare without the Bible for God but I get the impression that neither you Or Gnot-a-chrsitian really want to go logically from point A to point B you just want to DENY the Bible and Erect your own "idols" in place of the God of the God, and expect everyone to bow.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Attack may be a strong word, Butas you say Gnot-a-Chrisitan puts up all kinds of Crazy crap. and you didn'tcomment on it negatively
    but i quote a fewBible verse and your typing away at me supposedly straitening me out.
    and For what?
    I wasn't trying toprove God with the Bible.
    we all seem to believe in some God or gods already.
    Gnot-a-Chrsitiantook some Biblical ideas outta context and I was putting them BACK,
    and you come in tocorrect me?
    makes no senseDMP.

Maybe I simply expect more of you? Calling something a logical Fallacy is not aninsult; it's an observation of an argument that doesn't hold water. I've called everyone out on fallacies as muchas I see them.

Ah boy, well I didn't know you were that far gone. DMP. Ithought you had a better view of Scripture than that.
    and again I'd haveto ask you as I did Gnot-a-Chrisitian.
    BY what Authority do you get you information about God.you say the Bible only gives you a glimpse.
    where do you get abetter picture. exactly. don't go melle mouth like Gnot-a-chrsitian.
    is it somethingyou READ --from a human-- is it your own ideas ---personal opinion--
    what?

Far gone as in what? I know how the bible was put-together via the council of Nicea. I know "leaders" politicked to gettheir books/scriptures/interpretations sanctioned. As the Christian church formalized it becameless and less like Christ.

Please read read what i wrote and address it so i canunderstand what you mean. this Assertion is meaningless. Especially if youdon't say what you mean by it.
    there arearguments that i could bring to bare without the Bible for God but I get theimpression that neither you Or Gnot-a-chrsitian really want to go logicallyfrom point A to point B you just want to DENY the Bible and Erect your own"idols" in place of the God of the God, and expect everyone tobow.

Aren't you reading what I'm writing? I don't deny the Bible as being a revelationabout God - but I also know the bible is a TINY, ity-bity portion of who Godis; and to go to battle to 'defend' the Bible's honour or something? Goofy.