Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default Your Favorite Movies

I have a ton of movies I love and 2 tons I dislike

But my favorite?

Watchmen

I really like Rorschach because he stays true to his beliefs all the way to the end. It is a complex story. But also shows how humanity, even our super heroes can be twisted

Great storyline. I highly recommend this movie
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, revelarts, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Can't pick just one.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks PixieStix, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Can't pick just one.
    What is the one you think of first?
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Those were just the first five...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

7. Thanks LongTermGuy, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

`The Count of Monte Cristo` 2002`...A story of revenge....

`This is one of my all time favorite movies...A man falsely imprisoned by "friends" escapes and is out for revenge. The film is the adaptation of the bestseller book of the same name by Alexandre Dumas`

Plot Summary:

`Dantes, a sailor who is falsely accused of treason by his best friend Fernand, who wants Dantes' girlfriend Mercedes for himself. Dantes is imprisoned on the island prison of Chateau d'If for 13 years, where he plots revenge against those who betrayed him.

`With the help of another prisoner, he escapes the island and proceeds to transform himself into the wealthy Count of Monte Cristo as part of his plan to exact revenge.....
    Dantes befriends a fellow prisoner named Abbe Faria (Harris), who is a great scholar and who, very gradually, transforms the unworldly Dantes into a wise, learned and cultivated man. Faria is an old man, however, and when he comes to realize that he is fatally ill, he tells Dantes of a great treasure and where it is buried.

*Full Movie....a must see if one has not seen it...

9. Thanks hjmick, PixieStix, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Own it... ^

Probably in the next five I thought of, though not necessarily the best version. I do like Caviezel.

11. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This by far is my favorite funny movie

Death at a Funeral

I love this movie. The mere thought of it makes me laugh out loud The American version totally sucked, maybe it was because they plagiarized the original, plus the acting was awful
    If you want to laugh watch this movie
    Last edited by PixieStix; 10-27-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Own it... ^

Dinklage is a great actor...

Own it... ^

Own that one too...
    Last edited by hjmick; 10-27-2014 at 09:03 PM.

14. Thanks PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am going to have to look into that movie

Peter Dinklage really is a great actor. He is my favorite character in "Game of Thrones"

He is one reason the movie "Death at a Funeral" was so good
    Last edited by PixieStix; 10-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post
    What is the one you think of first?
    Blazing Saddles. The greatest movie of all time.

I am not much into serious drama. I don't enjoy a good action movie. My favorites in that category are Soylent Green, Omega Man and Escape From New York.

I enjoy watching bad movies, whether they be intentional or not. Every holiday season, my sister and I watch Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. It's so horrible that it is entertaining.
    If you want to laugh, you need to see Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Also the original Airplane, A Dirty Shame and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I also hold a special fondness for I Spit On Your Grave. Which is simply the greatest revenge movie of all time.

18. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Platoon

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9hYeep1T0DU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Forrest Gump

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x2-MCPa_3rU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

21. Thanks revelarts, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Forrest Gump

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x2-MCPa_3rU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    Omega Man was a good one. More modern .... how about 'V for Vendetta' .. ?

That film fascinates me on a number of levels. One being that it IS an American film, but I'd defy anyone to believe it is, from its content !!. Based in London (a future fictional version), of course I recognise and have visited the locations you see in the film.

For anyone choosing to view it ... one fact is 'The Strand' underground station .. is not, in real life, called that at all. Disused as from the mid-Nineties (I was one of the relative few who travelled on its last ever commercially-run train ride) .... it was only called 'The Strand' when it was first built. For almost all its life, its real name was 'The Aldwych'.

It doesn't appear on maps issued in this century, but is kept nominally operational for film shots ....

V for Vendetta stars Natalie Portman ... in the film, her character of Evie Hammond has a semi-convincing British accent ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Blazing Saddles. The greatest movie of all time.

I am not much into serious drama. I don't enjoy a good action movie. My favorites in that category are Soylent Green, Omega Man and Escape From New York.

I enjoy watching bad movies, whether they be intentional or not. Every holiday season, my sister and I watch Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. It's so horrible that it is entertaining.
    If you want to laugh, you need to see Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Also the original Airplane, A Dirty Shame and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I also hold a special fondness for I Spit On Your Grave. Which is simply the greatest revenge movie of all time.
    The many incarnations of Omega Man:

And made for TV in 2007 (the same year Will Smith's version was released... coincidence? I think not...)

Now I hear they are planning a reboot of I Am Legend... Rumor has it, it will focus on the plague that started the whole thing. A prequel of sorts I suppose. Then again, they cold always go the way of the new Planet of the Apes movies and try to generate series of films.

For a real treat, read Richard Matheson's original story upon witch all the movies are based.

Reading. It's fundamental...

25. Thanks PixieStix, Drummond thanked this post