Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default 92 MPH and he didn't pull me over

I was going 92 in an 80 on the Pickle Parkway at night even, and the cop only turned his lights on, then turned them off when I backed it down to 85. Not all Texas cops are jerks after all. What's even better the that the speed limit goes up to 85 once you pass Austin. I then cruised along at 100. Driving is so much better down here.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I was going 92 in an 80 on the Pickle Parkway at night even, and the cop only turned his lights on, then turned them off when I backed it down to 85. Not all Texas cops are jerks after all. What's even better the that the speed limit goes up to 85 once you pass Austin. I then cruised along at 100. Driving is so much better down here.
    Lucky you. Your vehicle was likely the same make/model as one of his relatives/friends and/or their kids
    or else he was eating his donut and guzzling his coffee and couldn't be bothered doing his actual job.-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 11-03-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

My Dad was a trucker and warned me to never get pulled over in Texas if you're an out-of-stater. Apparently you'll go straight downtown to pay your fine... they didn't trust you to mail them the money once you were back home.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Gov'ts would save money by ending speed-enforcement. Speed-tax (tickets) are a cash-cow, but not nearly the cash-cow as simply selling speed-stamps in advance. For instance; upon qualifiying via a driving test (given by race instructor-types), one could have a speed license; allowing them 'as fast as they want, just about whenever they want'.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why would you want to drive that fast? If you lose control at that speed, there is not going to be much left of you.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Why would you want to drive that fast? If you lose control at that speed, there is not going to be much left of you.
    Not much control required to maintain speed. (shrug). 92mph is NOT crazy-fast.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Lucky you. Your vehicle was likely the same make/model as one of his relatives/friends and/or their kids
    or else he was eating his donut and guzzling his coffee and couldn't be bothered doing his actual job.-Tyr
    So terribly true!!! I get passed by cops all the time (no lights or anything) and they sometimes even drive dangerously when doing that but MOST times, it is simply to get to the gas station, chicken, pizza or doughnut joint!!!! We are having our officer appreciation in a few Sundays (big dinner, gospel music and the works) but I'm considering not going. My wife's nephew is a cop (two or three tours in Iraq) but he is like most cops I know (an adreniline junky....looking for trouble and regretting finding it one day). The others are usually bullies that were once bullied or were not very popular in younger years. Very few, in my humble opinion, are what I consider good folk that I'd like to hang with or be around my kids. Sorry...that is just the way I see it.

I was taught to respect cops (and I do support and respect them as much as possible) but we need less cops, less taxes to go to cop salaries and MORE gun rights and freedom to protect our own. A cop has NEVER helped me out (whether changing a flat, putting on the lights and sitting there while having trouble or caught a murderer of my grandfather. In fact, I was telling my wife that I fear a ticket or "accidental" shooting from a cop FAR more than a thug of any sort. No, We The People need more freedom & less "security" at the expense of freedom...especially in border States, where more freedom to essentially be our own border agents is desperately needed.

The missionary cop who usually speaks at the officer appreciation Sunday is well liked by most others but he blew it with me in about 10 min. of his speech a on our 1st Officer Appreciation Sunday by telling the congregation how he often longed for HIGH PURSUIT when he was a bored GA State Trooper just driving and sitting.....and far too many (not most mind you) are just ITCHING to pull a trigger. As for the Missionary cop, I thought, IDIOT!....unless a pervert has abducted a lil' girl or boy, CALL IT IN because there are WAY too many folks killed by cops during "high pursuits". With the invention of radio, aircraft and other technologies....it truly isn't needed (especially if some thug ripped off a $20 bucks.

Anyway, most all cops are above the law and do not adhere to the same speeding signs that we must OBEY. And I don't know many who don't give friends, family and prospective dates a FREE pass when caught speeding.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah....but you fly through one of those well-known speed traps in Texas and you'll have a ticket so fast your head will spin. I know. I've flown through many of them...and unless the cop already has somebody pulled over, you're caught.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Maybe he was having some coffee and doughnuts and didn't want to be bothered...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Shift change & terribly rainy or bitterly cold, windy days are the best days to speed or simply drive without complications. Late nights or VERY early in the mornings are terrible times.....don't do it!!!! HA!
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I think he overinflated the ball.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke