Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 1 in 4 expect the second coming this year

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070103/24761.htm

One in four Americans anticipates the second coming of Christ in 2007. This is one several predictions made by Americans in a recent poll for the new year.

A poll by Ipsos, an international polling firm, found that 11 percent of respondents said it is "very likely" that Jesus will return to Earth this year and 14 percent said it was "somewhat likely."

Among white evangelical Christians, 46 percent said it's at least somewhat likely that Jesus will return in 2007 compared to 17 percent of Catholics and 10 percent of those with no religion.

Overall, 25 percent said it was "not too likely" that Jesus will make his second coming this year and 42 percent said it was "not at all likely."

Other predictions Americans made for the new year included another terrorist attack and another major natural disaster within the United States, according to the Associated Press. The majority of respondents also expect worsening global warming and that a biological or nuclear weapon will be unleashed elsewhere in the world.

At the same time, a minority of Americans think the U.S. will go to war with Iran or North Korea over the countries' nuclear ambitions.

Only 29 percent of the people think it is likely that the U.S. will withdraw its troops from Iraq and 35 percent predict the military draft will be reinstated.

The poll also found that the majority of Americans thinks Congress will raise the federal minimum wage. One third also sees hope for a cure to cancer.

The findings were based on a telephone poll of 1,000 adults conducted Dec. 12-14.
    I dont expect the Second coming this year or even in the next decade or so after that who knows. but what really interests me is the 10% with no religion who are expecting the Second coming... i wouldnt think many athiests would...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

I dont expect the Second coming this year or even in the next decade or so after that who knows. but what really interests me is the 10% with no religion who are expecting the Second coming... i wouldnt think many athiests would...
    I'm already here!

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not going to hold my breath for the second coming. I'm perfectly happy knowing my soul is already commited to heaven because I'm a born again Christian. I'm 52 next month, I got maybe another 30 years to live. If Jesus hasn't returned in that time, I'll be seeing him soon enough anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....but what really interests me is the 10% with no religion who are expecting the Second coming... i wouldnt think many athiests would...
    You don't think that would make them hypocrites, would you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but what really interests me is the 10% with no religion who are expecting the Second coming... i wouldnt think many athiests would...
    Isn't it the new trend among some christians to claim that they aren't a member of any religion? You know..."religion is of man, whereas my faith is of god and jesus", types?

I doubt that atheists were responding that "Jesus" is coming back this year...
    Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
    -- Mark Twain