Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    While the OP was likely referring to male-female relationships, I also take it as it refers to relationships within this forum. While I like this forum (when G*nny is not here), there are unfortunate instances of calling one another "idiot" and the like. All positive relationships depend on some level of respect for each other.
    I think of this more like a coffee shop. If there's a nice person at the next table, I will gladly enjoy some conversation. If there's a dirt bag I don't want to be around, I will ignore them or tell them to get lost.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

2. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I think we as mothers are always reevaluating our relationships with our younguns. They, and we, are always changing and the dynamics of the relationships might need to be adjusted as needed. On the other hand, we parents are supposed to be bedrocks of reliability. I don't know.
    I am a father. :-)

I don't know that men are weird. I know women who are name callers, too. One of my favorite friends on another site types words that make me blush just reading them. Everyone is different and men are certainly different from women. While women may or may not call each other "idiot", we have our own ways of cutting each other to the bone. And we never forget what the other said.

Mens' problems? We (society) have succeeded in minimalizing Fathers. We lie to women "You can do it alone! You can be Dad AND Mom!". Functionally, perhaps. However that retards the development of children and perpetuates boys never REALLY becoming men, by and large.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks Perianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I am a father. :-)

Mens' problems? We (society) have succeeded in minimalizing Fathers. We lie to women "You can do it alone! You can be Dad AND Mom!". Functionally, perhaps. However that retards the development of children and perpetuates boys never REALLY becoming men, by and large.
    Sorry. I thought someone called you a mother-.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Sorry. I thought someone called you a mother-.
    You are probably right within a certain context
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Being mean in a relationship -- no man can ever hope to match a woman in that effort when she puts her mind into it.
    Guys, your intelligence level can not compensate for the cleverness , deceptiveness and patience a woman can muster in that realm..
    Trust me, I know this for a damn fact.. -Tyr
    Lol, Tyr. You know that any creature that cannot compete with physical strength, must resort to more wily talents.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

While the OP was likely referring to male-female relationships, I also take it as it refers to relationships within this forum. While I like this forum (when G*nny is not here), there are unfortunate instances of calling one another "idiot" and the like. All positive relationships depend on some level of respect for each other.
    I will have to think about that, Drummond. You make good points. I, being a Southern lady, do not believe in calling anyone names, but I can see how name-calling might be used as scoring points. Female-female disagreements are very complex and likely more complex than those disagreements between men. Unfortunately, I have difficulty understanding name-calling between men. Perhaps it amounts to little.
    Oh no, I'm in deep doo doo!

I'm the guiltiest of all in the name calling department. But NOT so towards most but friends. I think I've called almost every single member here a bastard at one time or another. For example, DMP would say something to me about how great the Pittsburgh Steelers are - and I would reply sarcastically - "That's right you dirty bastard, now you're finally getting it!". But I would mainly and only do so with the best of friends.

You should hear me and my brothers do so. Yikes, if you met us, for the first half an hour you would think we were mortal enemies! But we love one another. It's all respectful. In fact, when the tone goes to perfect speaking and the tone lower and the bad words missing, one of us is usually angry.

You'll see the difference though. You can tell it's all in good fun. If I ever seriously offend people I stop. A few people I had to double check with and would retreat if it bothered them. And some, mostly the wonderful ladies, I don't even do so with them. I know it's probably bad enough doing it in front of those ladies, but again, all in good fun! Kinda like being at the bar - I would have fun and use play names with my buddies next to me on the right while buying him a beer - but when I turn to the left to get a lovely woman a cosmo, the tone and language changes. Does that make any sense? And I sure hope I never offended you!!

Men can play fight. Women are a 'little' different...

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock