Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Bumping this thread as a reminder. I know not everyone can, but IF you can, I can't think of a better cause! Even small donations can be made with Paypal, or any credit card, whether you have a Paypal account or not. I'll probably run this through Thanksgiving, and perhaps the weekend just after, to give enough time.

So repeating from my first post above:

So please, if you can... At the top of the board - in the center - you will see the DONATE button with a list of credit cards beneath it. You can donate with your Paypal account or with your credit card, and no joining of Paypal is necessary. *** When making this donation - PLEASE put your name in the comments section. I don't always know by the email address donating. Also, PLEASE put in the comments section what it is you would do or get for them if you were there. This will just help me with our ideas is all. ***
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, I didn't specify what to do with the donation, but I'm perfectly happy with whatever Trinity feels is appropriate for her and Gaffer.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Bumping again... I would say we have about one week left, and all of you bastards better start reaching for your wallets or credit cards!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Jeff, Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Paypal has no minimum. One can send a donation of $1 if they wanted to. Yep, that's right, I'm a pain in the ass about this one! Even if everyone donated a single buck or two, it would prove the "family" environment I have bragged about for years here at DP. Less than a week to go now. Please consider a small donation if you can.

8. Thanks Abbey Marie, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Paypal has no minimum. One can send a donation of $1 if they wanted to. Yep, that's right, I'm a pain in the ass about this one! Even if everyone donated a single buck or two, it would prove the "family" environment I have bragged about for years here at DP. Less than a week to go now. Please consider a small donation if you can.
    I HAVE RESPONDED AND MADE MY CONTRIBUTION.
    I am just sorry that it couldn't be much more.
    I hope and pray more members see it in their hearts to give , and give the max they can. I gave the max that I could afford and it was an honor to do that much for my friends Gaffer and Trinity. Having just went thru similar with my brother-in-law I know how hard this is on Gaffer and his family , and just how costly.
    Please contribute...--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie, Jeff, Trinity thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've ended our little fund drive. I used the funding to purchase gift cards to send to Trinity. I've been in contact with her and explained all of the details and when she can expect all of the cards. I know we can't raise enough to build them a new house... but Trinity will be using the money to help see Dad who is 50 miles or so away from her. And hopefully some things to bring a smile to Dad's face. Helping bring family together, literally, that's what it's all about. I can't think of anything at all that would top that.

In public and in private you have all, at one time or another, heard me refer to many of you as part of the DP family, and that were are like a small family, and that we even fight like a family and all of that stuff. I always meant every last word of it, and still do. We got this horrible news, and family did the best they could to help out other members of our family here. I can't tell you guys how awesome that is, that we all met online, and became good enough friends to be willing to help out in such a time of need. Between prayers, kind words, offers of assistance and opening up wallets - this shows the true nature of our community. I'm glad to call all of you family and friends!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've ended our little fund drive. I used the funding to purchase gift cards to send to Trinity. I've been in contact with her and explained all of the details and when she can expect all of the cards. I know we can't raise enough to build them a new house... but Trinity will be using the money to help see Dad who is 50 miles or so away from her. And hopefully some things to bring a smile to Dad's face. Helping bring family together, literally, that's what it's all about. I can't think of anything at all that would top that.

In public and in private you have all, at one time or another, heard me refer to many of you as part of the DP family, and that were are like a small family, and that we even fight like a family and all of that stuff. I always meant every last word of it, and still do. We got this horrible news, and family did the best they could to help out other members of our family here. I can't tell you guys how awesome that is, that we all met online, and became good enough friends to be willing to help out in such a time of need. Between prayers, kind words, offers of assistance and opening up wallets - this shows the true nature of our community. I'm glad to call all of you family and friends!!
    By far the most worthy cause that I've contributed to in over a decade. My regret was in not being able right now to do more.
    So great to see that others gave to help out. And thanks goes to Jim for doing his part.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks Trinity, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Words can not describe what I am feeling right now. You guys are so freaking awesome!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you, regardless of what you did, prayers, thoughts, donation. It all means so very much to me.

Dad is doing as best as can be expected, he is pretty much bed ridden now. It hurts him to much to get up and move around. But I am hoping that maybe I can possibly take him somewhere to do something he really wants to do. Even if its just a car ride somewhere special to him, at this point I am down for whatever he wants to do.

I will continue to keep you all posted as often as I can.

Love you guys!
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Jeff, fj1200, aboutime and 2 others thanked this post