Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default The Top 5 Misunderstood Facts about Pit Bulls

#1 - Pit Bulls are Unpredictable

Many think that pitties will attack any moment, without warning and are therefore dangerous. The Real FACT: Dogs do not react without warning and pitties are no exception. They are predictable as any other dog. Dogs communicate through body language they show us signs when they are afraid, stressed, happy, depressed, irritated and they even show us love and compassion. However some signs are easy to miss or misread. There are hundreds of body cues that dogs use and humans easily misunderstand their dogs or simply do not pay attention.

#2 - Pit Bulls are More Aggressive Than Other Breeds

Due to their press as a fighting dog, most believe that is all the breed is capable of doing – attacking.

The Real Fact: All dogs can be dangerous, all dogs can bite. Dogs are individuals and their breed alone does not define a dog’s temperament or personality. Just as Race does not define a humans personality or temper. The American Temperament Test Studies show that Pit Bulls consistently score above the average for all breeds.

#3 - Pit Bulls are Only Bred for Fighting

Again, thanks to bad press, many believe the only people breeding Pit Bulls are breeding them for the fighting ring. The Real Fact: Pit Bulls are used as therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs, cadaver dogs, military and police dogs, service dogs and they are even seen at dog shows and agility trials. There are so many Pit Bulls who have become famous for their greatness and goodness. Hector a Pit Bull rescued from Michael Vick’s dog fighting bust was adopted and became a therapy dog.

#4 - Pit Bulls Have Locking Jaws

This myth has been around for decades. The Real Fact: Pit Bulls Do not have locking jaws! I. Lehr Brisbin at the University of Georgia did a study and found that Pit Bulls dot have the ability to lock their jaws. In fact, according to The National Canine Research Council, between German Shepherds, Rottweilers, and Pit Bulls, the Pit Bull had the least amount of bite pressure.

#5 - Nobody Wants a Pit Bull

Many think that is why the shelters are full of Pit Bulls – nobody wants them. But the shelters are full of many popular breeds, including the Chihuahua. The Real Fact: Pit Bulls are very popular today and many families are adopting pit bulls.

http://theilovedogssite.com/the-top-...out-pit-bulls/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I have raised Rotts and now Pitts both are said to be bad dogs, but I have never had a bad excperiance with any of my dogs, it is all how you raise them.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up