Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Android app review - Vaulty

I have a ton of photos on my cell phone, at least for me, about 600 or so. My wife sent me a photo of our son, a photo that is registered through "smileface" or something like that. I guess if a child is lost, this photo can be shared and has other information.

Anyway, I figured if I ever needed it, how will I find it mixed in with all my other crap? My goal in looking was to find something to just hide a few good photos or other information that you could get to in an emergency, and quickly.

Then I found Vaulty.

This program is secured via text, PIN... Then you put it what you like and secure it. You can also go to the gallery, chose a photo or multiple photos, choose share and then pick Vaulty. Granted this is for securing things, but now if I go directly there, only the few things I need in an emergency are in there. And I suppose it's a bonus that they are secured as well. And it also secures videos.

Ever open up your gallery and not want the person next to you to see certain photos? Ever have someone that wanted to look at your phone, but you don't want them rummaging through and seeing personal photos? This is the answer. And apparently you can back this stuff up online. I haven't tried that option and wouldn't do so anyway.

An AWESOME feature - if someone tries to open the app, and fails via wrong PIN, it will snap a photo of them for you!!

Other options:

Beautiful Viewing Experience
    Vaulty is a fast, simple, powerful, private image gallery. With a subtle interface, the focus is on your pictures. Vaulty also has amazing management and organization features such as:
    Photo editing
    Private camera
    Slideshow
    Share hidden pictures & videos
    Create & organize albums or folders
    Fullscreen Zoom
    Select multiple pictures & videos for easy management
    Sort by date, name, size or type
    Filter images or videos
    Picture & video renaming
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

What are the permissions they need?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    What are the permissions they need?
    Hell, I don't know, I just clickity clickity click when that part comes up and don't even pay attention! Perhaps an app designed for privacy is peeking on us?

Here is the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ers.vaultyfree
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I have been trying to hide pics I don't want anyone ( especially kids ) to see, My boys love to pick up the phone and check out the pics from the latest bike run and some just aren't appropriate for them to see, but they are just fine for me to see , Thanks for the info James
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have been trying to hide pics I don't want anyone ( especially kids ) to see, My boys love to pick up the phone and check out the pics from the latest bike run and some just aren't appropriate for them to see, but they are just fine for me to see , Thanks for the info James
    Been messing with it some more and I can highly recommend this app. Very simplistic and perfect for just that, hiding sensitive photos.

8. Thanks Jeff thanked this post