Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Holder urges police restraint in Ferguson response

I have to wonder, why isn't he urging or asking restraint from the black community which is already making threats and plans for this decision? Before a single thing has even happened he is already planting seeds that law enforcement has somehow done something wrong. Anyone being honest KNOWS the instigators will be the black folks in that neighborhood, or folks that come there from out of town. I somehow hope more and more and more of this is caught on tape. They blame everything on the cops and meanwhile the majority of videos out there show the protestors starting the most trouble. And from reading about this for awhile now, it seems as if plans are being put into place to cause a ruckus and/or be violent if no charges are brought forth.

--------

WASHINGTON — Before a decision by a St. Louis County grand jury weighing the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager by a police officer, Attorney General Eric Holder urged law enforcement authorities Friday to minimize the potential for confrontations during possible demonstrations.

"It is vital to engage in planning and preparation, from evaluating protocols and training to choosing the appropriate equipment and uniforms,'' Holder said in a video message posted on the Justice Department website. "This is the hard work that is necessary to preserve the peace and maintain the public trust at all times— particularly in moments of heightened community tension."

The attorney general, who is overseeing a parallel civil rights inquiry into the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, issued written guidance to police across the country, identifying "best practices that will help law enforcement officers maintain public safety while safeguarding constitutional rights.''

A decision by the grand jury could come at any time, and authorities have expressed fear that a decision involving the white officer who fatally shot the black teenager could prompt more unrest in the restive St. Louis region.

This week, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in preparation for a possible uprising when the grand jury's decision is made public.

The governor directed police "to protect civil rights and ensure public safety in the city of Ferguson and the St. Louis region."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lice/19335481/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Holder wants unrest, it keeps the cable news folks occupied on something other than the administration's actions.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Anybody remember Holder telling the RIOTING members of Ferguson to take it easy? How bout Obama telling them to CARRY ON?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

6. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

`More Liberal "PC" (help) for the poor helpless never gonna figure it out ..low info Looting racists...

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I have to wonder, why isn't he urging or asking restraint from the black community which is already making threats and plans for this decision? Before a single thing has even happened he is already planting seeds that law enforcement has somehow done something wrong. Anyone being honest KNOWS the instigators will be the black folks in that neighborhood, or folks that come there from out of town. I somehow hope more and more and more of this is caught on tape. They blame everything on the cops and meanwhile the majority of videos out there show the protestors starting the most trouble. And from reading about this for awhile now, it seems as if plans are being put into place to cause a ruckus and/or be violent if no charges are brought forth.

--------

WASHINGTON — Before a decision by a St. Louis County grand jury weighing the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager by a police officer, Attorney General Eric Holder urged law enforcement authorities Friday to minimize the potential for confrontations during possible demonstrations.

"It is vital to engage in planning and preparation, from evaluating protocols and training to choosing the appropriate equipment and uniforms,'' Holder said in a video message posted on the Justice Department website. "This is the hard work that is necessary to preserve the peace and maintain the public trust at all times— particularly in moments of heightened community tension."

The attorney general, who is overseeing a parallel civil rights inquiry into the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, issued written guidance to police across the country, identifying "best practices that will help law enforcement officers maintain public safety while safeguarding constitutional rights.''

A decision by the grand jury could come at any time, and authorities have expressed fear that a decision involving the white officer who fatally shot the black teenager could prompt more unrest in the restive St. Louis region.

This week, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard in preparation for a possible uprising when the grand jury's decision is made public.

The governor directed police "to protect civil rights and ensure public safety in the city of Ferguson and the St. Louis region."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...lice/19335481/
    Holder and Obama have been hell bent on keeping this stirred up as hot as they can get it. The governor there should have National guard troops with loaded rifles, extra magazines and orders to shot dead every damn one of the ffing scum that start rioting.
    If it were rioting here I be loaded for bear and just waiting to do just that. In fact, loaded a few extra mags just in case--wouldn't want to run out at a crucial moment should some scum here decide to act up too..
    I don't play well with others when my family is threatened. I'd kill every damn one of them and worry about the results be it whatever later...
    If they want to stop the rioting then they need to start shooting as soon as it starts--kill a few dozen for starters--they ffing deserve it if they start burning, looting and violence . That shit wouldn't cut it around here. They never do it here for that very reason!
    People there should have shot them the other time.. Idiots just watched in horror.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd say that boils festered enough, that we just oughta let it come to a head!!!

Endeavor to Persevere

12. Thanks LongTermGuy, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I also think, if violence does erupt, the governor should announce beforehand, that all citizens will have carte blanche on defendin themselves and their property. No charges will be filed. Sometimes there's no avoidin a fight!!! An after all, we all love amnesty!!!
    Endeavor to Persevere

14. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grannyhawkins View Post
    I also think, if violence does erupt, the governor should announce beforehand, that all citizens will have carte blanche on defendin themselves and their property. No charges will be filed. Sometimes there's no avoidin a fight!!! An after all, we all love amnesty!!!

Agreed granny. But, I suspect. The gov won't need to make any kind of announcements on that. If those people aren't prepared by now for what might happen. They never will be.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Agreed granny. But, I suspect. The gov won't need to make any kind of announcements on that. If those people aren't prepared by now for what might happen. They never will be.
    I believe they're prepared, but allowing terroristic threats by a certain group of people, is against the law!!! I think the residents, need and deserve clarification and the Governor should reply in kind. I'd bet this would totally defuse the situation.
    Endeavor to Persevere

17. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grannyhawkins View Post
    I believe they're prepared, but allowing terroristic threats by a certain group of people, is against the law!!! I think the residents, need and deserve clarification and the Governor should reply in kind. I'd bet this would totally defuse the situation.

Totally agree again granny. But, the question is. WHO can enforce the broken laws of Holder, and Obama? They both NEED Ferguson to boil over for their own Political, Hatred, and Racist idea's.
    So, this is for them.

19. Thanks LongTermGuy, grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I think everyone wants peace and restraint in Ferguson except the media.
    There have been some "demonstrations" where the number of protestors have been equalled or exceeded by the number of media waiting for something to happen. No outbreak of violence means no news. Which lowers viewership and drops ratings and revenue.

Unless the inept Missouri authorites cave in to demands, the officer will be no-billed. I believe they are holding off the decision as long as possible because they know there are going to be violent demonstrations.
    If they completely barred media from the streets of Ferguson and surrounding areas, there would be no riots. Because the incentive to demonstrate would be removed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I think everyone wants peace and restraint in Ferguson except the media.
    And perhaps the locals who WANT to be violent, and state things like "fuck the law" and things like discussion of the violence they will commit before a verdict is even announced. But yes, the media sure as hell isn't helping, and no doubt even pushing at times. But don't think for a single second that many black folks in that are all peaceful, and that some don't want ANY excuse to be violent, regardless of the verdict.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

From what I understand, the initial demonstrations were made by locals. Who have since given way to what I always called "professional protestors." Which are the people who travel the country looking to cause trouble. Or young people who missed out on the demonstrations of earlier generations and are looking for their own "voice."
    I doubt many of the current residents of the Ferguson area want violence. They have to live there. They are pretty much tired of the whole situation by now.
    If police decided to check IDs of people currently protesting and eject non-residents, there wouldn't be many people left.
    I blame the authorities in the Ferguson area, along with state idiots, for inflaming the situation.

24. Thanks grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    From what I understand, the initial demonstrations were made by locals. Who have since given way to what I always called "professional protestors." Which are the people who travel the country looking to cause trouble. Or young people who missed out on the demonstrations of earlier generations and are looking for their own "voice."
    I doubt many of the current residents of the Ferguson area want violence. They have to live there. They are pretty much tired of the whole situation by now.
    If police decided to check IDs of people currently protesting and eject non-residents, there wouldn't be many people left.
    I blame the authorities in the Ferguson area, along with state idiots, for inflaming the situation.
    I blame the people who actually get violent.

26. Thanks grannyhawkins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

28. Thanks jimnyc, Jeff, aboutime, grannyhawkins thanked this post