Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    The two people I know who are Vietnam Vets are both wildly opposed to Iraq and everything Bush has done. Afghanistan, they were ok with. They think Bush's creation is another Vietnam.
    I am not opposed to Iraq just the politicians (read congress) and media that are turning it into another Vietnam. In this case though, unlike Vietnam, the consequences of failure to stabilize a region are immense for the entire West.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I am not opposed to Iraq just the politicians (read congress) and media that are turning it into another Vietnam. In this case though, unlike Vietnam, the consequences of failure to stabilize a region are immense for the entire West.
    The dems want to play the Vietnam game again and like you say they don't realize the consequences. We can pull out and go home, but we will just have to go back in again.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    At the risk of thread-hijacking...are you f'ing kidding me jillian? Do you really believe Bush has FAILED the country since 911? Do you think we are LESS safe than before? Help me understand...or don't...it's obviously your choice.
    there is not a doubt in my mind that we are LESS safe than we were on 9/11. Especially since we KNOW the nature of our enemy now, and we didn't fully appreciate the vehemency they feel toward us PRIOR to 9/11 like we do now. Radical Islam feels that we have fucked them when it comes to Jerusalem and, from their perspective, their rightful place in it. They feel we have fucked them by supporting the inhumane and profoundly greedy regimes of the Saudi princes and simultaneously turned our backs on the plights of the everyday civilians laboring in those oppressive monarchies. Radical Islam, as horrific and unAmerican as it may seem to us, is not operating out of a desire for the fulfillment of evil on earth, but a fulfillment of justice. We may disagree - and I certainly count myself among those who do - but they are not evil incarnate, but they DO feel as if the western world does not acknowlege their significant and unending suffering because of our love for oil and their impression of our love for the state of Israel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    there is not a doubt in my mind that we are LESS safe than we were on 9/11. Especially since we KNOW the nature of our enemy now, and we didn't fully appreciate the vehemency they feel toward us PRIOR to 9/11 like we do now. Radical Islam feels that we have fucked them when it comes to Jerusalem and, from their perspective, their rightful place in it. They feel we have fucked them by supporting the inhumane and profoundly greedy regimes of the Saudi princes and simultaneously turned our backs on the plights of the everyday civilians laboring in those oppressive monarchies. Radical Islam, as horrific and unAmerican as it may seem to us, is not operating out of a desire for the fulfillment of evil on earth, but a fulfillment of justice. We may disagree - and I certainly count myself among those who do - but they are not evil incarnate, but they DO feel as if the western world does not acknowlege their significant and unending suffering because of our love for oil and their impression of our love for the state of Israel.
    Good points.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We are less safe because the leftwing media likes to expose the governments secrets and condemn every action they take.

Islam rules the middle east. The same islam that the saudi prince's use to control their population. The same islam iran uses to control their population. The same islam which the pals use as an excuse to kill Israelis. The people are poor and ignorant, but they are fervent believers and the imams and royals use that belief and the ignorance.

Islam IS a evil religion. It's a theocracy that seeks to dominate. Just as it dominates the middle east. The west hasn't kept the people poor and ignorant. Islam does that by not allowing education beyond learning the koran. Education, science and freedom are denied them by their religion. That religion is used by those in charge to keep them under control. And the west is blamed for everything.

islam is the tool and the people blindly follow it.

mfm, you claim to know lots of muslims. How many ex-muslims do you know and what do they have to say about islam?

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    We are less safe because the leftwing media likes to expose the governments secrets and condemn every action they take.

Islam rules the middle east. The same islam that the saudi prince's use to control their population. The same islam iran uses to control their population. The same islam which the pals use as an excuse to kill Israelis. The people are poor and ignorant, but they are fervent believers and the imams and royals use that belief and the ignorance.

Islam IS a evil religion. It's a theocracy that seeks to dominate. Just as it dominates the middle east. The west hasn't kept the people poor and ignorant. Islam does that by not allowing education beyond learning the koran. Education, science and freedom are denied them by their religion. That religion is used by those in charge to keep them under control. And the west is blamed for everything.

islam is the tool and the people blindly follow it.

mfm, you claim to know lots of muslims. How many ex-muslims do you know and what do they have to say about islam?
    for you to think that the average shiite or sunni insurgent on the street in Baghdad is at all aware of the machinations available on the western media is laughable... they could, frankly, give a shit.

For you to proclaim Islam as an "evil religion" that does embolden our Islamic enemies who do hate us because our their faith is infantile. The hatred stems, rather, because of our boneheaded, hamfisted response to their faith.

And regarding your last question, I, quite honestly know more NEW muslims who have come to the worship liturgy of the Islamic faith than I know muslims who have abandoned their faith. and every one of them could udoubtedly kick you to the curb all the while having your scream SOMETHING representing righteously indignation, but never quite getting it right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

for you to think that the average shiite or sunni insurgent on the street in Baghdad is at all aware of the machinations available on the western media is laughable... they could, frankly, give a shit.

For you to proclaim Islam as an "evil religion" that does embolden our Islamic enemies who do hate us because our their faith is infantile. The hatred stems, rather, because of our boneheaded, hamfisted response to their faith.

And regarding your last question, I, quite honestly know more NEW muslims who have come to the worship liturgy of the Islamic faith than I know muslims who have abandoned their faith. and every one of them could udoubtedly kick you to the curb all the while having your scream SOMETHING representing righteously indignation, but never quite getting it right.
    Not surprising coming from you. So you don't know any ex-muslims and just want to be an appologist for the islamist like you always do. When are you planning to convert? Or do you plan on just remaining a dhimmi?

The last sentence didn't make much sense to me. Would you slow down from your anger fit and word it a little better.