Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Very true, Nukeman. But these incidents are very isolated and few in number. They do not represent the rank and file of officers.
Power can corrupt at all levels. We have a lot of veterans who have PTSD and other mental illnesses. Many have committed horrific crimes. Does this mean every veteran should be treated like they are homicidal maniacs?
There are cops who have committed crimes. There are bankers and firemen and construction workers who have committed crimes.

Sorry, I just don't understand the animosity toward police officers. The majority are good people.
The majority may be good but we have even the "good" protecting the bad with their "code"!!!

The problem with a police officer committing a serious crime is that they are TRUSTED to help and not to take advantage... When we have a physician that does something heinous we hear about from the heavens (damn greedy doctors how dare they take advantage). Yet is we have a LEO do something bad like MURDER and cover it up or plant drugs on innocent people to meet a quota that my friend RUINS lives beyond repair! These people are in places for OUR protection to SERVE us not for them to serve themselves. If they don't have that in them than they need to find a new profession.

I look at the LEO's from when I was young, they did EVERYTHING in their power to NOT pull a gun they tried to DEESCALATE a situation. Today it seams the LEO's are looking for a reason to bring more charges and escalate to a confrontation.

I can give you examples of my dealing and I am generally very respectful of officers however, when you ask a simple question and he reaches for his gun and exclaims "Oh this is getting out of hand" for a freaking question ON MY PROPERTY I placed my hands palms out and asked again what he was talking about and he gets all indignant I mean after all how dare I ask a question he doesn't want to answer. I finally told him he could get off my property and he asked me if I want to go to jail (I had done nothing he was there for someone else)!! That is what has become the norm and NOT the exception!!!