Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Not to long ago, several people were killed in Southern California when a military pilot on a training exercise crashed into a neighborhood. I don't remember the pilot being villianized, or the military called out for their blunders. They rarely are.
    Law enforcement do a dangerous job. They are targets every day. Yet you rarely see them built up like the military are. It's unfortunate.
    Gabs, are you truly attempting to correlate an accident with willful disobedience/flaunting of the law????

Those two scenarios are so far apart you might as well have said that about every person that has wrecked a care and caused damage or loss of life.

The stories presented here are of bad people hiding behind a badge and using it to their full advantage to inflict harm on others. That is CRIMINAL NOT negligence or an accident!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Very true, Nukeman. But these incidents are very isolated and few in number. They do not represent the rank and file of officers.
    Power can corrupt at all levels. We have a lot of veterans who have PTSD and other mental illnesses. Many have committed horrific crimes. Does this mean every veteran should be treated like they are homicidal maniacs?
    There are cops who have committed crimes. There are bankers and firemen and construction workers who have committed crimes.

Sorry, I just don't understand the animosity toward police officers. The majority are good people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Very true, Nukeman. But these incidents are very isolated and few in number. They do not represent the rank and file of officers.
    Power can corrupt at all levels. We have a lot of veterans who have PTSD and other mental illnesses. Many have committed horrific crimes. Does this mean every veteran should be treated like they are homicidal maniacs?
    There are cops who have committed crimes. There are bankers and firemen and construction workers who have committed crimes.

Sorry, I just don't understand the animosity toward police officers. The majority are good people.
    The majority may be good but we have even the "good" protecting the bad with their "code"!!!

The problem with a police officer committing a serious crime is that they are TRUSTED to help and not to take advantage... When we have a physician that does something heinous we hear about from the heavens (damn greedy doctors how dare they take advantage). Yet is we have a LEO do something bad like MURDER and cover it up or plant drugs on innocent people to meet a quota that my friend RUINS lives beyond repair! These people are in places for OUR protection to SERVE us not for them to serve themselves. If they don't have that in them than they need to find a new profession.

I look at the LEO's from when I was young, they did EVERYTHING in their power to NOT pull a gun they tried to DEESCALATE a situation. Today it seams the LEO's are looking for a reason to bring more charges and escalate to a confrontation.

I can give you examples of my dealing and I am generally very respectful of officers however, when you ask a simple question and he reaches for his gun and exclaims "Oh this is getting out of hand" for a freaking question ON MY PROPERTY I placed my hands palms out and asked again what he was talking about and he gets all indignant I mean after all how dare I ask a question he doesn't want to answer. I finally told him he could get off my property and he asked me if I want to go to jail (I had done nothing he was there for someone else)!! That is what has become the norm and NOT the exception!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sorry Nuke. Perhaps you have a bad reputation among police. I don't know because I am not you.
    My sister lives in East Los Angeles. It's not a place where police feel comfortable. The only times where police draw weapons or act confrontational is among those they know to possess weapons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Jan 8, 2015 By PoliceOne Staff
    PHOENIX — A Phoenix-area man known for his outspoken stance against law enforcement accepted an invitation from Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office to undergo shoot-no-shoot simulation training to better understand the stresses and split-second decisions officers are faced with.
    Reverend Jarrett Maupin, a civil rights activist who organized protests following the officer-involved shooting in Ferguson, endured three shoot-no-shoot scenarios, each one followed by an evaluation of when he sensed a threat and why he drew his weapon.
    <aside class="related-content-container"> <figure>Nothing to hide: Why you should invite citizens to UOF training</figure> My chief invited the mayor and city council members to a reality-based video course.

In the first scenario, Maupin approached a suspect in a parking lot and was ‘shot’ almost instantly. In the second, the reverend approached two men fighting, and fired his weapon when one of the men charged him....

</aside>

Pastor honest enough to modify his stance.

If All sides are honest and rational, people with good intentions can work things out.
    sadly mistakes happen. All sides need to walk in the others shoes from time to time and not assume others are just enemies.

But we should never cover-up or dismiss intentionally bad behavior from anyone either.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

From The Associated Press 10 January 2015:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The distraught woman messaged police this week telling them she was going to hurt herself, but she refused to pick up her phone. So dispatchers with Post Falls police used text messages - about 60 or so over the next hour - to help the woman. ...Texting is different than talking on the phone, and dispatchers were "on pins and needles" waiting for the next text to pop up, Holbrook said. ...Police launched the new text-a-crime system in early 2013, and said at the time that they were looking for new ways to get information to solve crimes and respond to emergencies. They believe texting crime tips will catch on with young people and, hopefully, generate leads for police. The service may also benefit people who are hearing impaired.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

article

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    [/h]

Pastor honest enough to modify his stance.

If All sides are honest and rational, people with good intentions can work things out.
    sadly mistakes happen. All sides need to walk in the others shoes from time to time and not assume others are just enemies.

But we should never cover-up or dismiss intentionally bad behavior from anyone either.
    Rev between the boldedd and what he said in the video, well that has been my exact issue all along, we can't forget someone's bad behavior brought the police there and hey just follow orders from the police, if and when they are wrong then it is time to fighjt it but at least your still alive.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm in sort of an odd position here. I have friends and family that are cops, and I feel horrible that videos like these are becoming so commonplace, that it hurts people trusting guys I'd trust with my life. The problem, it's not the ones taking the videos that's the problem, it's the officers that are exercising the behavior that's at issue.

One contributing element, I feel, is that a number of officers these days are former military. That means, in the last 14 years, we're getting war vets from Iraq and Afghanistan, places where someone would legitimately try to use a child as a bomb delivery system. I've listened to Marines talk about how much easier being a cop will be, except there's a problem with that thought: The Marine never shuts off. I've seen former Marines-turned-cops draw down, and they do it the same way as when they were military, with the safety coming off before the gun is half-way to firing position. If a Marine draws a gun on you, they're intending to kill you. That's why the double tap is taught, to crack the skull with the first bullet, and the second as the insurance shot.

Many times, former military are allowed to bypass the police academy due to service, but that shouldn't be the case. The police academy teaches more than just physical elements, but the mental necessities of the job. Without that training, former military members fall back on the training they already have. Now let's be really honest, our military scares the living shit out of a lot of people. That's why us threatening to show up stands down so many situations that would otherwise erupt into full-scale war. It's not a bad thing, but that's not the way to approach our own citizens.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

When cops are caught dead to right breaking laws and abusing their authority they should beheld accountable.
    Why would anybody go about saying all criminals should be brought to justice yet when its a cop caught and proven guilty
    the same person tries to tar and feather the victim or the entity/person exposing the dirty cop..
    IT IS ILLOGICAL AND HYPOCRISY TO BOOT IN MY OPINION, TO CASTIGATE THE MESSENGERS.

DIRTY COPS ABOVE ALL OTHERS SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND YES I 'VE BEEN A VICTIM AT LEAST TWICE OF SUCH CRAP.

And do not try to tell me I am lying about that as its a damn fact...

I'd beat either one of those bastards to death if I could get by with it and those miscarriages of justice were all over 30 years ago.

A man does not EVER forget being ffked over like that!!!

FURTHERMORE I'VE SEEN OVER A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE DONE THAT WAY AND SOME EVEN WORSE .
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You always pick out the rare and the few Indago.

What have YOU got to hide? Scared of L.E.? What are you hiding?

There are far more good Cops out there than your Cut 'n Paste shit reflects.

Who do you think you are fooling?
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-21-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

You must be one of those progressive Democrats, arguing for inclusion...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    You must be one of those progressive Democrats, arguing for inclusion...

indago. WHO would want to be JUST LIKE YOU? We all know you are as progressive, and hate filled as anyone connected to Obama, Hillary, or the DNC who pretends to miss-speak...ON PURPOSE...like you.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

True, there are far more good cops than bad...

A truth that I freely admit.
    Which is all the more reason that the bad cops need to be exposed and weeded out IMHO.
    I DO NOT HATE ALL COPS- HOWEVER, I DO DEARLY HATE BAD COPS........--TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Erin Baldassari reported for East Bay Times 21 May 2016:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BART agreed earlier this month to pay a San Francisco woman $1.35 million to settle a lawsuit alleging excessive police force.

BART, in a statement, accepted full responsibility for the injuries Megan Sheehan suffered after an officer slammed her face-first into the floor. The impact broke the bones in her face and smashed her teeth into her jaw, said Sheehan's lawyer, Lizabeth de Vries.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article/video

Rather disturbing video. And the "$1.35 million" settlement should come out of the BART budget.