Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    It amazes me that when you guys get really frustrated you go to the ..
    "pick up a weapon and stand on the wall" reply.

the thing that's weird about it here is you say your all such tough guys but you can't seem to take much verbal criticism.
    whats up with that?
    if someone says Hey I know most of you guys are cool and you're doing a great job.
    but it seems that maybe there are some aspects of the job that could be changed and do you mind pointing out the bad apples and getting rid of them.

But you act like someone took a swing at you in the head with a baseball bat. Like they hate your guts and have NOTHING good to say about you and that the praise is insincere if it's NOT all praise all the time 24/7 365. Anything less than Praise and THANKS is "HATE" or full on "ANTI-Police"
    That seem a bit LESS than tough guy, seem an oversensitive reaction to me Elessar.

my issue ...as i've said before and it's been ignored or UNBELIEVED.... is they Like Doctors and Preachers policing is an honorable and difficult profession. And it's WORSE when cops abuse their powers. And over the past few decades BAD cops and policing has been given a pass or ignored BECAUSE of the VERY HIGH regard people have for police in general.
    Frankly part of MY purpose here is to present police... as you say... as regular people not superHeroes that should never be questioned.
    But people that have a high calling and need support as well as oversight. Because the are making life and death decisions. maybe an OUTSIDE eye can be of help from time to time. Is that possible?

If that's wrong in your eye's hey sorry no offensive but i ask you to read my positive post as well not just be mad at ME for posting cops that have killed or abused their post .
    I wish there was half the anger at them for bringing the profession down and making the good guys look bad as there seems to be at me for pointing them out.
    Got news for you, Rev, you have NO idea what taking verbal criticism is. Try doing it at the position of attention. And I don't know about you, but I don't go on political message boards to hold hands.

There's no fresh set of eyes when you haven't been there. You know what they call a fresh set of eyes in the Marines? Private among other things. Shut up, watch and learn and you might live. Nothing like having to make a decision in a second. There's no time to drop into your easy chair with a slide rule and figure out the probabilities.

And to be clear, I am no fan of cops. I've said that more than twice. Me n them didn't get along back in the 70s. However, they have a job to do and I understand the job. Elessar is quite correct though. You want to judge all for the actions of a few.

Remember Abu Ghraib? You know how much BS the vets and myself had to listen to over THAT crap? It was neverending. We ALL were responsible. The fact is the majority go about doing their jobs. I catch you pulling some illegal crap and you're going before a court martial. We don't tolerate that kind of crap.

This thread is nothing but 20 pages of negativity towards police and paints a one-sided picture. I'll tell you right if my choice is shoot or don't see momma and kids again? Finger's on the trigger.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Got news for you, Rev, you have NO idea what taking verbal criticism is. Try doing it at the position of attention. ...
    and there we go again.
    no body knows nuthin but Gunny and Elesar.
    everyone else should STHU and listen.

Can't take criticism even if it's pointed to FROM OTHER POLICE.
    won't acknowledge praise unless it 24/7 say THANKS! and STHU .

sorry not going to happen.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-26-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Elessar, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

and there we go again.
    no body knows nuthin but Gunny and Elesar.
    everyone else should STHU and listen.

Can't take criticism even if it's pointed to FROM OTHER POLICE.
    won't acknowledge praise unless it 24/7 say THANKS! and STHU .

sorry not going to happen.
    Do I come tell you how to do your job, or what it's like? I do not. You put me in an office and I'm screwed. I know how to read paper files, organize the supply locker and I type with first two fingers of each hand.

So it isn't "nobody knows nothing but Gunny and Elessar." It's we know OUR sh*t. Been there, done that, and even still got a couple of the unit t shirts left.

When you listen you learn. When you're busy thinking about what you're going to say next you can't hear.

As far as aboutime goes, between you and him. Maybe you can tell him how to run a comm center. Lighten up. He's just being him. You ain't exactly a peach.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You guys read my other thread? Instead of focusing on the police, and bad shootings or bad things they do, the other thread is simply about Detroit and Chicago. Instead of the police, that thread is about shootings of civilians towards one another, and unfortunate deaths. No blame to be placed of course - but rather pointing out where and how many black lives have been killed. The thread is like 4,000 pages long. It's ignored here just as it is in real life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You guys read my other thread? Instead of focusing on the police, and bad shootings or bad things they do, the other thread is simply about Detroit and Chicago. Instead of the police, that thread is about shootings of civilians towards one another, and unfortunate deaths. No blame to be placed of course - but rather pointing out where and how many black lives have been killed. The thread is like 4,000 pages long. It's ignored here just as it is in real life.

Lol, point taken! Can you give me a link?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    It was so out of hand that the thread got so large and it exploded.

Seriously of course, if I did in fact have such a thread, and I were to make a single post for each and every time a black person were killed in either place due to guns or whatever- that thread would be much longer than this one. And it's just 2 areas, compared to this one which is the entire nation. I still don't understand why many in the nation want to focus in singular subjects, and "lives" in general, and ignore those places.

Lives are lives. And I get that the police shootings and those shootings are 2 different things. But it's almost as if they really are ignored. One shooting can take up the news for a month straight and cause all kinds of issues from protests to riots. But you can have 25 people killed during that same period, from Detroit/Chicago, and maybe not even be aware of it.

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Do I come tell you how to do your job, or what it's like? I do not. You put me in an office and I'm screwed. I know how to read paper files, organize the supply locker and I type with first two fingers of each hand.

So it isn't "nobody knows nothing but Gunny and Elessar." It's we know OUR sh*t. Been there, done that, and even still got a couple of the unit t shirts left.

When you listen you learn. When you're busy thinking about what you're going to say next you can't hear.

As far as aboutime goes, between you and him. Maybe you can tell him how to run a comm center. Lighten up. He's just being him. You ain't exactly a peach.
    so gunny have you read the police I posted giving advise and examples on how to do better? YES or NO?

Are you just going whine about nobody can tell you ....BTW you're Not a police officer either.... how to do a job.

SaveSave
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

so gunny have you read the police I posted giving advise and examples on how to do better? YES or NO?

Are you just going whine about nobody can tell you ....BTW you're Not a police officer either.... how to do a job.

SaveSave
    Here we go again. You don't know what you're talking about. What do you think Marines are in an occupied country? Well-armed police.

What am I whining about? I'm trying to knock some sense into that sick skull of yours.

And you know how I am about your cut n paste novels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abbey
    It was so out of hand that the thread got so large and it exploded.

Seriously of course, if I did in fact have such a thread, and I were to make a single post for each and every time a black person were killed in either place due to guns or whatever- that thread would be much longer than this one. And it's just 2 areas, compared to this one which is the entire nation. I still don't understand why many in the nation want to focus in singular subjects, and "lives" in general, and ignore those places.

Lives are lives. And I get that the police shootings and those shootings are 2 different things. But it's almost as if they really are ignored. One shooting can take up the news for a month straight and cause all kinds of issues from protests to riots. But you can have 25 people killed during that same period, from Detroit/Chicago, and maybe not even be aware of it.

By the laughter and joking someone might think you both don't have a real concern for all the death and harm done by civilians and even less by cops.
    Or that you just want to use others deaths suffering as a debating point.
    thanks for your productive input.

But i don't understand why people won't acknowledge the difference between crooks and gang members killing people. and it being addressed as outright as crime (and the conferences, workshops, neighborhood meeting, church outreach, programs etc etc over the year that Don't go in the news that I've posted about before but somehow you fail to mention.)
    And SOME Cops that are PAID and trained to handle weapons and deescalated problem, to protect people and , act according to people rights.
    But who act instead like bullies, kill, maim and abuse their power and they are treated as if they've done Nothing WRONG. becasuethey are police.

seems to me there's a clear distinction.

One is considered a strait up common criminal by ALL.
    The other is a criminal working under the cover of a badge, paid, trained and given a weapon and authority by the local citizens. given social, legal and political cover to continue unless exposed thoroughly.

Seems like an EASY distinction to make.
    Seems like a problem EVERYONE should be concerned about.
    Seems like a problem honest people wouldn't want to dodge, or dismiss WHILE dealing the the other issues as well.

It's not an ETHIER OR.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-26-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

By the laughter and joking someone might think you both don't have a real concern for all the death and harm done by civilians and even more by cops.

But i don't understand why people won't acknowledge the difference between crooks and gang members killing people. and it being addressed as outright as crime (and the conferences, workshops, neighborhood meeting, church outreach, programs etc etc over the year that Don't go in the news that I've posted about before but somehow you fail to mention.)
    And SOME Cops that are PAID and trained to handle weapons and deescalated problem, to protect people and , act according to people rights.
    But who act instead like bullies, kill, maim and abuse their power and they are treated as if they've done Nothing WRONG. becasuethey are police.

seems to me there's a clear distinction.

One is considered a strait up common criminal by ALL.
    The other is a criminal working under the cover of a badge, paid, trained and given a weapon and authority by the local citizens. given social, legal and political cover to continue unless exposed thoroughly.

Seems like an EASY distinction to make.
    Seems like a problem EVERYONE should be concerned about.
    Seems like a problem honest people wouldn't want to dodge, or dismiss WHILE dealing the the other issues as well.

It's not an ETHIER OR.
    No Einstein .. they're trying to stop a lot of bickering.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

And you know how I am about your cut n paste novels.
    So No you did not read or watch the other Cops i posted in the thread COMPLAIN and give advise on how some policing systems as well as cops are BAD and how they can be changed for the better. HAVE BEEN changed for the better.

then you've got no basis to whine about my post at all,
    since you have ZERO idea what I'm basing my statements on.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

By the laughter and joking someone might think you both don't have a real concern for all the death and harm done by civilians and even more by cops.
    "even more" by cops? Surely you don't have a straight face? The killings done by gang bangers alone is more than police shootings. Then add in deaths by shooting that the offender is just not part of a gang. The amount of deaths per year, or in the past decade, just from those 2 places alone, is disgusting.

Others suffering and such. Hell, I've brought this up here, and elsewhere, endless times. And an "lol" in a thread about a point, is hardly laughing at the suffering of others.

And if talking about REAL concern and truth... Since there are SO MANY more deaths there than other places, and more deaths then police shootings - then where us the real concern for those folks? Why is it that the BLM group, for just one example, can get so involved and bring out so much concern, for one person. But where is that massive amount of concern when it's a black on black killing in these 2 places? Does it only matter if it's a white cop? Just a cop in general? I think we can both agree that ALL of the black lives matter. But a person shot by a cop gets unlimited concern. But a black on black shooting/death in Chicago or Detroit? And it comes off as if no one really cares at all.

WHERE is the productive input to help stem the endless deaths in these places? Where are the weekly marches looking for change? The mayor/governor and other leaders should be shitcanned if they aren't out there DAILY like so many others, looking for solutions. And if the next guy can't help fix things, then fire his ass too. But I don't see that happening either. I simply don't see a lot of effort being done, from the highest people in charge of those areas, all the way down to those who complain about the issue and can march or make their voices heard.

I know the difference between crooks, criminals, gang members killing as opposed to a cop entrusted to help civilians. I fully get that point. But outside of that point, get to a common denominator, LIVES, all lives should be equally important and valued. So yeah, 2 different types of deaths, 2 entirely different kinds of "complaints", about civilians and police officers . I DO get all of that. But at the end of the day, ALL lives should matter, whether a black kid shot by a cop in Texas, or a black kid shot by a gang member in Detroit. And yet we know the names of some that were shot, who later the facts showed that they were good shootings, and they are national names - and I can't think of just one name of someone who was killed similarly in Detroit or Chicago. It's as if it's 2 different worlds. Sadly, the world that the 2nd list comes from, they are like the forgotten bunch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

So No you did not read or watch the other Cops i posted in the thread COMPLAIN and give advise on how some policing systems as well as cops are BAD and how they can be changed for the better. HAVE BEEN changed for the better.

then you've got no basis to whine about my post at all,
    since you have ZERO idea what I'm basing my statements on.
    And you obviously didn't read what I posted from experience that didn't come from a cut and paste. Makes us even.

I have plenty or reason to comment on your post. You are always presenting negative, one-sided viewpoints. There's no personality to you.

How many police are there compared to the population of the US and of that number, what is the percentage of bad cops?

And don't cherrypick my posts. I was trying to back out, but YOU are the one whining here, not me. You're crying in your playpen while surrounded by toys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

"even more" by cops? ..
    go back reread and I edited that.

the thought i was going for was.. you have EVEN LESS concern for those killed by cops.
    But i worded it poorly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

And you obviously didn't read what I posted from experience that didn't come from a cut and paste. Makes us even.

I have plenty or reason to comment on your post. You are always presenting negative, one-sided viewpoints. There's no personality to you.

How many police are there compared to the population of the US and of that number, what is the percentage of bad cops?

And don't cherrypick my posts. I was trying to back out, but YOU are the one whining here, not me. You're crying in your playpen while surrounded by toys.
    go back and read or listen to cops and get back to me with a comment.
    don't worry about my personality.. I'm not looking for a date thanks.