Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Graveside Service is 1/16/2015 @ 2:00 PM

I meant to post his graveside funeral date a couple of days ago, but I just went back into RUSH this week which means major overtime. This is the first chance that I have had. Here is his Obit that no one bothered to confer with me on first (I would have paid for additional info to be added) but it has date, time, and location of services.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/cin....C8g5Va93.dpbs

I know you all have posted things here....but I would love if you would also post in the guest book. I had read on there somewhere that I could have it printed into a book with his date of birth and death. I plan on doing that and would love for all of you to leave your message in the book as well. Thanks for all the support. You guys ROCK!

Oh and one more thing if you have any pics of dad because I only have a few...... you can add them too. I am betting I have none of the ones you all might have. I only have the ones I have taken myself. And those I have just added to the guestbook .
    Last edited by Trinity; 01-14-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: need pics too
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

2. Thanks revelarts, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, CSM and 4 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I meant to post his graveside funeral date a couple of days ago, but I just went back into RUSH this week which means major overtime. This is the first chance that I have had. Here is his Obit that no one bothered to confer with me on first (I would have paid for additional info to be added) but it has date, time, and location of services.

I know you all have posted things here....but I would love if you would also post in the guest book. I had read on there somewhere that I could have it printed into a book with his date of birth and death. I plan on doing that and would love for all of you to leave your message in the book as well. Thanks for all the support. You guys ROCK!

Oh and one more thing if you have any pics of dad because I only have a few...... you can add them too. I am betting I have none of the ones you all might have. I only have the ones I have taken myself. And those I have just added to the guestbook .
    Done.. I added my thoughts and condolences on this tragic loss of a very fine man, a patriot and honorable man.
    I have no pics of your dad but certainly wished I did have.. Your father gave me tons of great advice in our email exchanges and in private messages here. I admired him greatly and not least was his very leveled headed cool he maintained. A trait I so often lack!!
    In my opinion , we all lost a very good man and that is a tragic event we all should think about as we carry on our lives..
    In so many ways he and I were alike yet he was a far, far better man than I.
    I salute him for his service and thank Norm (Gaffer) for being my good friend.
    To me , your dad was a great man. One that held firm to his convictions and knew exactly how the wind blew on any given day.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Jeff, Kathianne, Trinity, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know.....I love everything you guys post about my dad....I find it incredibly awesome that you all view him the same way I do....even though your comments make me cry most of the time....It's nice to read such positive things and the impact he had on people he never got to meet in person....he was an incredible man.....one I will miss dearly!
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

6. Thanks CSM, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, PixieStix and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You know.....I love everything you guys post about my dad....I find it incredibly awesome that you all view him the same way I do....even though your comments make me cry most of the time....It's nice to read such positive things and the impact he had on people he never got to meet in person....he was an incredible man.....one I will miss dearly!
    I came to this forum to check it out only. I joined because of the postings of three people originally , my friend good friend Abouttime, Gaffer and Jim. Later has been my honor to become good friends with Gaffer and Jim too. Since then I have been so fortunate as to have made friends here THAT I VIEW TO BE TOP NOTCH PEOPLE, TOO MANY TO LIST BUT THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE...
    AND LET ME BE CLEAR ON THIS ALSO , ALTHOUGH I DEBATE AND RANT AT FJ--I CONSIDER HIM A FRIEND.
    We are on opposition often but he has never viciously attacked me nor truly shown utter contempt for my over the top rantings. He just likes to beat on me--as I he..
    Back on topic, your dad was that kind of man--one that impressed others with his character, fortitude and integrity!
    We all should be that type of person.-Tyr-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks fj1200, Jeff, Trinity, Kathianne, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thank you for the link Trinity. I love legacy. That is a really good memorial for online. Again,you and your family are in my prayers. The loss of your dear Dad, has touched me deeply.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

10. Thanks Kathianne, Trinity thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Just signed the book... missed this last week.

Hope you're doing okay, Trinity. Remember he's no longer in pain and it won't be long before everyone is reunited in a much better place.

Like my Grandma said right before she passed on - she was "going ahead to turn the lights on for everyone."
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Kathianne, Trinity thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The best song I can think of you chose to offer in remembrance of Gaffer. ...
    Takes a lot to tear my eyes but that just did... --Tyr
    I don't know why but I had to play this video/song again.
    Woke up this morn with Gaffer on my mind. I lost another very good friend yesterday afternoon. Seems to be losing too many as of late!
    I guess that life deals its blows without regard to any of our wishes.
    God bless 'em that have departed this life and comfort their family and friends.. -Tyr

14. Thanks Kathianne, PixieStix, Trinity thanked this post