Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

Even after disobeying the officers demands, trespassing, public intoxication, burning couches and trash cans in the open, blocking traffic with the fires, disturbing the peace, destroying/attempting to destroy public and private property, and more,
    only a handful of arrests were made.

Why are the police going so easy, some should be SHOT.

Obama's fault obviously for not speaking against it Especially since this has happened before in 2002

I guess we shouldn't expect much better, of course they are going to act that way, these thugs are ruining America.
    My question is when will white leaders come out and denounce this violence?

It seems to be a pattern
    http://campusgrotto.com/the-7-bigges...-all-time.html
    OK first off the bold happens in most inner cities every weekend. Understand Rev I see you trying to protect your people and say hey man what about them , I also will admit I didn't watch your video but I didn't hear about the explosives thrown at the cops nor anyone burning the Bitch down, let alone have it grow from city to city just because these folks wanted to start trouble. And guess what Rev I bet there where blacks involved here as well as whites, doesn't make it right but it most certainly isn't anything like what is going on in this country with the Blacks and the way they feel things should be, and if you look back most of my post also included the brain dead WHITE libs . This is the worst kind of fail rev,sorry bud I like ya but this is no better than the 3 year old in the back seat screaming his sibling wont stop looking at him just because he had gotten in trouble and wants his sibling in trouble as well. Fail !!!!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

2. Thanks DLT thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Darin, I like your embroidered hat. Very cool!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    OK first off the bold happens in most inner cities every weekend. Understand Rev I see you trying to protect your people and say hey man what about them , I also will admit I didn't watch your video but I didn't hear about the explosives thrown at the cops nor anyone burning the Bitch down, let alone have it grow from city to city just because these folks wanted to start trouble. And guess what Rev I bet there where blacks involved here as well as whites, doesn't make it right but it most certainly isn't anything like what is going on in this country with the Blacks and the way they feel things should be, and if you look back most of my post also included the brain dead WHITE libs . This is the worst kind of fail rev,sorry bud I like ya but this is no better than the 3 year old in the back seat screaming his sibling wont stop looking at him just because he had gotten in trouble and wants his sibling in trouble as well. Fail !!!!
    I'd rather not post this to the public board people are very sensitive here IMO.
    and it seems no matter how i say it I get push back and then a list of the Ills of Black people in the U.S..

But since you responded reasonably i wanted to reply.
    Not to drag this out at all but . I'd like to make this point. And I hope it will be understood in the spirit it's given.
    to Jim and Tyr as well.

my problem with your comments and comments elsewhere on the board is that some seem to ONLY think of the worse of inner city neighborhoods young criminal males and AL Sharpton as "BLACK PEOPLE". that seems hard for some people to get beyond that vision.
    At least that's what it sounds like in the MANY thread that have come up on Ferguson etc..
    Blacks = young angry inner city criminal males and Al Sharpton... and the New BPP.

the history of Blacks in the U.S. has not been easy and the CURRENT situation concerning incarceration and out of wedlock family is THE worse it's been in U.S. history. But the Black rates of the same in the 60's were better than white's today.

And there are Still FAR MORE blacks NOT in jail, with JOBS, not burning down their homes, or drunk in the street, or calling to burn down cities, than the other.

But reading comments on DP you'd hardly know it. And as I mention to Tyr jokingly, there NO excuse or reason that's seem sufficient or is allowed to be applied to explain the problems. And there are no actions worth trying to reverse the bad situation. why, it seems because it's "BLACK PEOPLE" they = "thugs".

I say that's an unfair characterization of any race or people.
    what this thread tried to do in a satirical way is make the SAME assumption of whites.
    it's a FLASE assumption to make of ANY race.
    But people instead of seeing the point, went the other direction to tried and PROVE that "BLACKS" burn and riot all the time even every day.

It seems folks can't even take ONE thread where the tables are turned but there are several threads that have similar comments and worse and a whole racist joke thread against black people. where we are told people should not be offended by any of that. And Jeff you are you telling me all those comments are more mature than what i've posted here? seriously?

well, I knew i'd be somewhat spitting into the wind here to make this point.

And sorry if using incidents of bad white behavior as the standard for labeling the race is OFFENSIVE to you.
    And not a joke to be made.... ever.

I suppose i should have never imagined that people would get that the reverse is also true.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 01-15-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

5. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'd rather not post this to the public board people are very sensitive here IMO.

But since you responded reasonably i wanted to reply.
    Not to drag this out at all but . I'd like to make this point. And I hope it will be understood in the spirit it's given.
    to Jim and Tyr as well.
    Rev, I would have gladly participated in this thread, without bringing up anything else at all. I think ANYONE who riots and destroys things is wrong. White or black - wrong. But you didn't JUST bring up the events, did you? You had to be a dick about it. Now look, I get it, you wanted to make a point to a couple of people. BUT, when you make that point, LOTS of others are reading it too. I responded in kind to how the thread was started, and how I got replies when I first approached things.

If you like, I can seriously answer your posts, or just your last one, but like I said before - you get what you give, and that doesn't just pertain to you. For whatever reason, you did this thread, another with muslims... seems like you were angry and went on sarcasm mode to piss some people off, or trying to be funny. I'm willing to shelve the back and forth again and go back on track, but if I have stupid crap attributed to me, I'll just bail.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Rev, I would have gladly participated in this thread, without bringing up anything else at all. I think ANYONE who riots and destroys things is wrong. White or black - wrong. But you didn't JUST bring up the events, did you? You had to be a dick about it. Now look, I get it, you wanted to make a point to a couple of people. BUT, when you make that point, LOTS of others are reading it too. I responded in kind to how the thread was started, and how I got replies when I first approached things.

If you like, I can seriously answer your posts, or just your last one, but like I said before - you get what you give, and that doesn't just pertain to you. For whatever reason, you did this thread, another with muslims... seems like you were angry and went on sarcasm mode to piss some people off, or trying to be funny. I'm willing to shelve the back and forth again and go back on track, but if I have stupid crap attributed to me, I'll just bail.
    Jim, I apologized already for editing of your quote.

But I started this thread similar to the way others folks started --and added to-- various Ferguson and protest threads.
    Which said things LIKE "thugs do x... black people are..." I'd agree that some of the threads and comment like those are dickish, to say the least. exactly my point.

Some replies i got here were different than the replies to many of those post. Often they were received with thanks or silence and sometimes defended as "free speech" and "truth" and humor that others should not be offended by. I don't recall any of those comments or posters rebuffed as "be(ing) a dick about it" or "lunatic" or having "PMS".
    At least i haven't notice anything along that line. Please correct me if i'm wrong here.

whatever, at this point I guess my point is made, for better or worse.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jim, I apologized already for editing of your quote.

But I started this thread similar to the way others folks started --and added to-- various Ferguson and protest threads.
    Which said things LIKE "thugs do x... black people are..." I'd agree that some of the threads and comment like those are dickish, to say the least. exactly my point.

Some replies i got here were different than the replies to many of those post. Often they were received with thanks or silence and sometimes defended as "free speech" and "truth" and humor that others should not be offended by. I don't recall any of those comments or posters rebuffed as "be(ing) a dick about it" or "lunatic" or having "PMS".
    At least i haven't notice anything along that line. Please correct me if i'm wrong here.

whatever, at this point I guess my point is made, for better or worse.
    The difference between this and the other threads? You started this in a mocking way, based on other threads, where those who started the other threads did so because they wanted to discuss the subject. In the manner that you started the thread, you were poking at other members before the thread even started. Do the others who started the other threads - did they start them by trying to mock you somehow?

As for dickish, PMS and lunatic - YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. You start out a thread mocking folks, and then you don't like it when some of them are offended and reply in kind?

Ok, your point was made.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Speaking of Ferguson. Let's hear what many think about this?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hopes-to-spur/

The Democrat, self-proclaimed owner of the DNC, Soros provided funds for Ferguson Racist Riots.

rev. There is still, no known way to DISPUTE, or DISPROVE...the TRUTH. You simply refuse to accept what most of us already know.
    Last edited by aboutime; 01-15-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

The difference between this and the other threads? You started this in a mocking way, based on other threads, where those who started the other threads did so because they wanted to discuss the subject. In the manner that you started the thread, you were poking at other members before the thread even started. Do the others who started the other threads - did they start them by trying to mock you somehow?

As for dickish, PMS and lunatic - YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. You start out a thread mocking folks, and then you don't like it when some of them are offended and reply in kind?

Ok, your point was made.
    Well Jim I saw it as some of those threads started out "mocking" a whole race. see what i'm saying?
    and the racist joke threads IS in fact mocking! do you see that?

And if the serious threads started with stuff similar too "blacks" (not some blacks) ...." black thugs marching" (not some) "they always riot" (not some) "they" want a race war.... "the black leadership" (not SOME black leaders). And then goes on to site stats and antidotes that try and give the impression that ALL blacks want to knock out or kill whites and burn down their own neighborhoods. that is in fact "GIVING" 1st IMO.

so Jim Is what your saying that it's OK to -mock ALL black people- if you MEAN IT seriously.
    but it's NOT ok -to mock ALL white people- in the same way and NOT MEAN IT to make a point and a Joke of it?
    so,"YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE" when you do that?
    Are you saying I called you or anyone a dick, lunatic etc?
    the way i see it, I only satirically GAVE BACK what was already given Jim.

So I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-15-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I see what you are saying, revelarts, and I understand what you are saying.

I think the problem and the reason different races distrust each other - specifically black and white - is that we don't know each other. I have a black woman as a neighbor. And while we get along wonderfully, I don't really know her or understand her culture, which I can assure you is very different from mine.

Yes, I try to think that is the problem: unfamiliarity. But on the other hand, I am likewise unfamiliar with Asians, but I am not uncomfortable with them, not like I am when I am in a group of mostly black people.

I also sometimes think we get a negative impression of black and arab people because of what we see of them on TV: rioting, murder, rape, etc. We all know it is not representative of all blacks or arabs, but we don't know how to discern the good ones from the bad ones, so we fear them all?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well Jim I saw it as some of those threads started out "mocking" a whole race. see what i'm saying?
    And it's STILL not personally directed at anyone here, but rather large brush painting as some do, and generalizations perhaps, but not on a personal level. No one started their threads in a way of mocking you personally on the subject, have they?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

And it's STILL not personally directed at anyone here, but rather large brush painting as some do, and generalizations perhaps, but not on a personal level. No one started their threads in a way of mocking you personally on the subject, have they?
    no they didn't.
    But the subject on this head is "more thugs rioting" generalization correct?
    Does this thread start by naming names or claiming to quote anyone exactly?
    it's broad brush as well right?
    to make the point

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sure, not "exactly". But continue the games you want to play then, I'm done here. Again, enjoy what you get if you want to roll around in the mud.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    I see what you are saying, revelarts, and I understand what you are saying.

I think the problem and the reason different races distrust each other - specifically black and white - is that we don't know each other. I have a black woman as a neighbor. And while we get along wonderfully, I don't really know her or understand her culture, which I can assure you is very different from mine.

Yes, I try to think that is the problem: unfamiliarity. But on the other hand, I am likewise unfamiliar with Asians, but I am not uncomfortable with them, not like I am when I am in a group of mostly black people.

I also sometimes think we get a negative impression of black and arab people because of what we see of them on TV: rioting, murder, rape, etc. We all know it is not representative of all blacks or arabs, but we don't know how to discern the good ones from the bad ones, so we fear them all?
    I appreciate your comments,
    and unfamiliarity and negative stereotypes feed into everyones assessments. I guess the question here is are we going to PERPETUATE the WORSE stereotypes and enflame each others fears and allow it to become a habit in thinking and writing to assume the worse at every mention of others races or religion.
    Or do we try to cultivate the assumption that we're all human beings and we all, for the most part, just want to have a safe place for our families to live, to prosper and to enjoy life at peace with those around us whoever they are.

As far as fearing other groups is concerned, well we all could do that, there are far more whites in the U.S. than blacks and there are in fact real white racist out there, sites like stormfront , neo nazi groups etc., . congressional leaders are speaking to groups of known white supremacist. Kath and Jim tell me that Ron Paul is a racist. so by their account white racist are running for president. and the news says R congressional leaders and ron Paul have some broad support. So how are blacks to know the "good from the bad"? should we assume that ALL whites are racist? and be in fear? would that fear make me a racist for making that assumption? would it make living with whites BETTER if i made that assumption every day every time i saw a white person i don't understand?

negative group labels and generalizations don't help make GOOD relations.
    they may protect you in a bad situation but frankly most of the time we aren't in a bad situtation.

I remember someone here a while back mentioned that when she's in a store and a Black male salesman approaches her that she's afraid.
    Now that's uncalled for, there's NOTHING in that encounter that should instigate "fear". It's based on race so ...frankly put...it's a racist reaction.
    She mentioned that she didn't like sales people approaching her in stores in general, that's fine, but she added that since many were black it made it WORSE because the aisle at shopping malls and big box stores are "dark places" (for those who might think i've made this up... link).

just an example of how someone's blanket negative assumptions spill over into areas where truly ALL black people are affected negatively.

So anyway I don't want to label others and don't want see others labeled in a broad brushed way negatively. it doesn't help improve any situations that i know of.
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-15-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I appreciate your comments,
    and unfamiliarity and negative stereotypes feed into everyones assessments. I guess the question here is are we going to PERPETUATE the WORSE stereotypes and enflame each others fears and allow it to become a habit in thinking and writing to assume the worse at every mention of others races or religion.
    Or do we try to cultivate the assumption that we're all human beings and we all, for the most part, just want to have a safe place for our families to live, to prosper and to enjoy life at peace with those around us whoever they are.

As far as fearing other groups is concerned, well we all could do that, there are far more whites in the U.S. than blacks and there are in fact real white racist out there, sites like stormfront , neo nazi groups etc., . congressional leaders are speaking to groups of known white supremacist. Kath and Jim tell me that Ron Paul is a racist. so by their account white racist are running for president. and the news says R congressional leaders and ron Paul have some broad support. So how are blacks to know the "good from the bad"? should we assume that ALL whites are racist? and be in fear? would that fear make me a racist for making that assumption? would it make living with whites BETTER if i made that assumption every day every time i saw a white person i don't understand?

negative group labels and generalizations don't help make GOOD relations.
    they may protect you in a bad situation but frankly most of the time we aren't in a bad situtation.

I remember someone here a while back mentioned that when she's in a store and a Black male salesman approaches her that she's afraid.
    Now that's uncalled for, there's NOTHING in that encounter that should instigate "fear". It's based on race so ...frankly put...it's a racist reaction.
    She mentioned that she didn't like sales people approaching her in stores in general, that's fine, but she added that since many were black it made it WORSE because the aisle at shopping malls and big box stores are "dark places" (for those who might think i've made this up... link).

just an example of how someone's blanket negative assumptions spill over into areas where truly ALL black people are affected negatively.

So anyway I don't want to label others and don't want see others labeled in a broad brushed way negatively. it doesn't help improve any situations that i know of.
    Rev talk about painting with a broad brush I remember David Duke ran for President and it came out he had ties with the Klan years ago, he was laughed out of the race but yet we have a Racist Black man in the office now so should we conclude our Government is being run by Black Racist, and lets not forget the Racist Holder.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Sure, not "exactly". But continue the games you want to play then, I'm done here. Again, enjoy what you get if you want to roll around in the mud.
    OK jim,
    you say don't mis-quote people, make the quotes EXACT so no one will assume it's you or others. you say don't use your name with generalities.
    I didn't do either. So what's your problem?
    frankly i wasn't even thinking of you at all. Mainly the flavor of things i've read at DP over the past several months.

I didn't quote or name anyone in the 1st post AT ALL and you're STILL upset.
    because I made a REPLY IN KIND --as you say should be expected-- to general broad brush comments over several months.

you can't have it both ways.
    Others can broad brush blacks seriously, but i can't broad brush whites as a joke using similar commentary?
    If that's crossing some line in your mind, then I guess we'll just have to disagree.

But look here's something,
    Aboutime follows me and a few others around the board making all kinds of negative and personal comments but i don't see you calling him a lunatic or asking about his PMS or calling him a dick.

So What's the standard here Jim?