Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default The Judge and Dracula Untold

Dracula Untold:

Pretty good movie, really. Wasn't GREAT, but was worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV.

Couple thoughts:

First - Vlad was fighting MUSLIMS. A MUSLIM ARMY was invading his CHRISTIAN Nation. None of that is mentioned. Vlad became 'The Impaler" because he was sending a message to the invading MUSLIM HORDE.

Secondly - Really was a commentary on Obama's desire to appease. EXCEPT...Vlad LEARNED. He had been paying off the muslim terrorists/army for years to 'ensure peace'. Eventually that backfired. Here's where it departs from Obama - Obama does NOT LEARN. Vlad eventually mans-up and takes it to the muslim using every available power/technique. He goes off. Obama would simply cower to the new demands.

The Judge:

Pretty good movie, really. I teared up once, and giggled a few times. Worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV

Couple thoughts:

First - Bob Downey does a great job - except...man, I cannot stop seeing him as Tony Stark. Some of the dialog felt contrived. Another neat aspect is having a mentally-challenged (no, not a liberal) character. One thing about that - Nothing mattered with him being in the movie. He didn't contribute as much as I thought he COULD have.

Secondly - Movie ends a little different than I anticipated. The female love-interest Tony - erp...I mean Bob Downey has is really attractive in my view; the character and the actor Vera Farmiga. She has a fantastic 'real' look to her - not a typical photoshop/classic beauty, but a nice, every-town attractiveness. That carries well to screen. She does not seem over-shadowed by Tony-erp...Bob.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, PixieStix, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Dracula Untold:

Pretty good movie, really. Wasn't GREAT, but was worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV.

Couple thoughts:

First - Vlad was fighting MUSLIMS. A MUSLIM ARMY was invading his CHRISTIAN Nation. None of that is mentioned. Vlad became 'The Impaler" because he was sending a message to the invading MUSLIM HORDE.

Secondly - Really was a commentary on Obama's desire to appease. EXCEPT...Vlad LEARNED. He had been paying off the muslim terrorists/army for years to 'ensure peace'. Eventually that backfired. Here's where it departs from Obama - Obama does NOT LEARN. Vlad eventually mans-up and takes it to the muslim using every available power/technique. He goes off. Obama would simply cower to the new demands.

The Judge:

Pretty good movie, really. I teared up once, and giggled a few times. Worth the $6 pay per view via DirecTV

Couple thoughts:

First - Bob Downey does a great job - except...man, I cannot stop seeing him as Tony Stark. Some of the dialog felt contrived. Another neat aspect is having a mentally-challenged (no, not a liberal) character. One thing about that - Nothing mattered with him being in the movie. He didn't contribute as much as I thought he COULD have.

Secondly - Movie ends a little different than I anticipated. The female love-interest Tony - erp...I mean Bob Downey has is really attractive in my view; the character and the actor Vera Farmiga. She has a fantastic 'real' look to her - not a typical photoshop/classic beauty, but a nice, every-town attractiveness. That carries well to screen. She does not seem over-shadowed by Tony-erp...Bob.
    I watched The Judge recently. I recommend that movie. It made me cry. I thought of my own Dad throughout the movie.
    Last edited by PixieStix; 02-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Did Tony have any malfunctions with his targeting systems in the Judge?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum