Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default ‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood'

Made a different thread as it's more about complaints than the movie. These folks complaining are just pure scumbags in my book. Kyle WAS a hero and his military service will be recognized and honored for a LONG time to come. This story highlights everything that is wrong with Hollywood. Oh, and I wish Michael Moore was on the receiving end of the sniper rifle. I hope that fat SOB chokes to death on one of his beloved donuts.

----

Even as “American Sniper” breaks January box-office records and revels in six Oscar nominations, criticism over the subject of the film, sharpshooter Chris Kyle, is rising and reaching into the Academy of Motion Picture of Arts and Sciences, which votes on the Academy Awards.

Over the weekend, multiple Academy members told TheWrap that they had been passing around a recent article by Dennis Jett in The New Republic that attacks the film for making a hero out of Kyle, who said: “The enemy are savages and despicably evil,” and his “only regret is that I didn’t kill more.” Kyle made the statements in his best-selling book, “American Sniper,” on which the film is based.

The film’s straightforward treatment of Kyle, who was killed in February 2013 by a veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, is one of the reasons it has been celebrated by the military and embraced by audiences that have made it by far the top-grossing Best Picture nominee. The film had a massive opening when it went wide at the box office this weekend and is poised to break an historic $100 million this holiday weekend.

But Academy members seem to be paying attention to the criticism that Eastwood and star/producer Bradley Cooper shouldn’t be celebrating a man who wrote that killing hundreds of Iraqis was “fun.”

“He seems like he may be a sociopath,” one Academy member told TheWrap, adding he had not yet seen the film but had read the article, which is being passed around.

And Michael Moore, an Oscar voter and former Academy governor from the Documentary Branch, tweeted on Sunday, “My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren’t heroes. And invaders r worse.”

Neither distributor Warner Bros. nor the filmmakers have responded to TheWrap’s request for comment, though the studio said they intended to make someone available.

A piece in The Guardian by author Lindy West criticized Kyle this way: “The real American Sniper was a hate-filled killer. Why are simplistic patriots treating him as a hero?” he wrote.

Jett quoted West in his piece in the New Republic, and added: “One answer to that question: Because many Americans are unable to accept that nothing was won in Iraq, and that the sacrifices Kyle and others made were not worth it.”

http://www.thewrap.com/american-snip...ting-a-killer/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Jeff, Nukeman, Kathianne, LongTermGuy, SassyLady and 4 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I categorize these "people" in with attention whores who haven't been in the limelight for a while. I actually feel sorry that they have to tear down a man who single handed saved more American service members than any other in the whole conflict.

Michael Moore is a sad "little" FAT man that needs to just go away, in fact if he died tomorrow I can not think of anyone who would publicly mourn him. I would go further to suggest that his derision is based on jealously and due to his inability to be that brave or take the course of action laid out before him if needed... He can not fathom what it takes to be a real man to do what NEEDS TO BE DONE AND DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES LATER.

Does he honestly feel that those "Muslims" hiding to set off a hidden explosive device or set up as a sniper to attack Americans deserve a "fair" chance.. They received their fair chance, all they had to do was be better, that didn't happen and they died like they should have!!!!

Do we really care what the people at the Academy Awards have to say. WE know if something is good and if someone has gone above and beyond without some person who works primarily in make believe to tell us if it is good enough for an award...

They are only confused due to the fact that Americans still look up to our service members and they have a very hard time understanding the silent majority. They will be shocked when the sleeping "silent" group of people finally roar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

4. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne, Jeff, LongTermGuy, CSM and 3 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Another cowardly loser chimes in:

Seth Rogen: “American Sniper” reminds me of the fake Nazi propaganda movie in “Inglourious Basterds”

In addition to Michael Moore, who called Kyle a “coward,” Rogen appears singularly unimpressed by the film or the story of the late Chris Kyle.It’s unclear if Rogen has actually seen “American Sniper,” but his tweet to his 2.51 million followers about it makes clear he’s not a fan of the concept.
    The movie to which Rogen referred is the fake “Nation’s Pride,” the Nazi propaganda movie that draws Hitler, Joseph Goebbels, and other Nazi high command leaders to the theater where they are slaughtered in Quentin Tarantino’s masterpiece.
    http://hotair.com/headlines/archives...omment-page-1/
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Kathianne, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks for pointing out a few more idiots. But it won't harm the millions this movie will make. Nothing will ever harm this mans legacy. He's a hero and will always be considered such, no matter how many of these armchair soldiers complain.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Jeff, LongTermGuy, SassyLady, PixieStix, DLT and 2 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Thanks for pointing out a few more idiots. But it won't harm the millions this movie will make. Nothing will ever harm this mans legacy. He's a hero and will always be considered such, no matter how many of these armchair soldiers complain.
    At dinner after the movie, the 6 people at the next table happened to have just seen American Sniper too. They started their meal by toasting Chris Kyle. Over and over, Americans show what we truly value. The small percentage that comprises the limousine liberal hypocrites in Hollywood won't change that.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    “He seems like he may be a sociopath,” one Academy member told TheWrap, adding he had not yet seen the film but had read the article, which is being passed around.
    Translation : The criticism fits my liberal views, so rather than watch the movie and make my own decision, I will mindlessly parrot what another liberal thinks to anyone that will listen.

Sounds pretty familiar.

Kyle was a great American hero, therefore he will be attacked by the Blame-America crowd.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The box office and book sales tend to swamp the kooky Hollywood elite. Here is one very good response on the subject:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ite-chris-mark

JANUARY 16, 2015 4:00 AM
    Smearing Snipers: What Many Americans Don’t Get about Our Warrior Elite
    We should be proud of men like Chris Kyle, not skittish or ashamed.
    ByChris Mark

About ten years ago, an employer of mine had an odd request: I needed to delete an aspect of my military career from my professional biography because it might “offend” a potential client or partner. Recon Marine, infantry Marine, service-disabled veteran . . . those were a boon.

But “Scout Sniper,” one of the greatest accomplishments I had as a Marine — that had to go.
    Sadly, that kind of slight is not uncommon for some of our nation’s most elite warriors.

“Murderer,” “assassin,” “heartless”: The modern sniper is an oft-maligned and largely misunderstood individual, and Hollywood has played a part. For too long, it’s wrongly portrayed snipers as troubled men struggling through a lonely life, anguished by their memories of too many “murders.”

The new biopic American Sniper, while taking artistic license and departing a bit from the book of the same name, attempts to shows a real sniper in an honest light — as the serious, patriotic professional he is.

Chris Kyle was not just a SEAL, or just a sniper. He was a loving husband, father, and patriotic American fighting man who volunteered for a very difficult and extremely dangerous job to best protect his brothers in arms. He was not, as some have suggested, a “hate-filled killer.”
    Chris was, by all accounts, a very charitable man who readily helped those in need. Nor was he arrogant: “Chris was genuine and was not attached to the glory regaled upon him as a hero,” Marine sniper Rudy Reyes says of him.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Screw 'em all. Obviously. In Hollyweird. It is more correct to be Politically Correct, and anti-American to save their phony, elite, rich faces.
    Hypocrisy rules....UNLESS one of them needs to be protected from any threats. Which is why most of them have Security guards (armed), everywhere they go.

SCREW 'EM!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

In the movie he does say the kills don't bother him at all because he was keeping our soldiers safe, in fact when asked about the kills he said he was more proud of the number of soldiers he saved. You can bet your butt if I was going house to house looking for these scum bags I would love to have a guy like him watching our backs.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

15. Thanks LongTermGuy, aboutime, SassyLady, NightTrain, DLT and 2 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I must say that my life on earth years have sucked in a large degree. My young years were all about nuclear war and JFK, MLK, RFK being killed, not too mention Viet Nam. Then came the end of the Cold War. Then the Middle East, then 9/11. Really? Can I catch a break? Yeah, I know, neither can any of us.

Much younger, with much more to give, seems Chris couldn't catch a break either. Unlike me, he gave so much more and will be missed in what he could have done for vets.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/01/19/american-sniper-same-leftists-defaming-chris-kyle-as-killer-wanted-every-iraqi-dead/

‘AMERICAN SNIPER': SAME LEFTISTS DEFAMING CHRIS KYLE AS ‘KILLER’ WANTED EVERY IRAQI DEAD

The propaganda push isn’t subtle either. Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore came right out and declared Kyle a coward. Seth Rogen compared Eastwood’s film to Nazi propaganda. The Wrap’s Steve Pond fired the biggest salvo yet with an extensive piece about a backlash brewing among left-wing Academy members. Apparently, they are all passing around a New Republic article that defames Kyle as a “killer.”

It should be noted that the author of the New Republic article, Dennis Jett, wrote his attack on “Sniper” before seeing the actual movie — and his ignorance shows.

Per The Wrap, the controversy apparently boils down to this: [emphasis added]

Over the weekend, multiple Academy members told TheWrap that they had been passing around a recent article by Dennis Jett in The New Republic that attacks the film for making a hero out of Kyle, who said: “The enemy are savages and despicably evil,” and his “only regret is that I didn’t kill more.” Kyle made the statements in his best-selling book, “American Sniper,” on which the film is based.

Let’s start with a fact heartbreaking to the Left: Not only is this fact not ignored in the film, it is the WHOLE POINT of the film.
    “American Sniper” is not “Selma” — “American Sniper” doesn’t lie.

Here’s a Pond quote where he gets slippery:

But Academy members seem to be paying attention to the criticism that Eastwood and star/producer Bradley Cooper shouldn’t be celebrating a man who wrote that killing hundreds of Iraqis was “fun.”

Note how Pond doesn’t use quotes around the word “Iraqis.” What he’s doing here is turning Kyle’s word “enemy” into the word “Iraqis” as a way to make it seem as though Kyle murdered civilians.

The money quote from the New Republic article is just as deceptive:

But anyone who has read Kyle’s autobiography of the same title knows that his bravado left no room for doubt. For him, the enemy are savages and despicably evil. His only regret is that he didn’t kill more. He laments that there were rules of engagement, or ROE, which he describes as being drafted by lawyers to protect generals from politicians. He argues instead for letting warriors loose to fight wars without their hands tied behind their backs. At another point, he boasts that the unofficial ROE were pretty simple: “If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see.”

This fact about killing every adult male you see is also in the film. Unlike The New Republic, though, Eastwood puts the quote in the correct context. Kyle is talking about no-go zones; areas that were officially evacuated. The legitimate strategy behind this was that only the enemy (evil savage terrorists) would remain in officially evacuated areas.

The lies of omission in this left-wing campaign are bad enough; what’s laughably outrageous is the Left pretending to care about the Iraqi people.

Here’s a juicy historical fact to chew on:

While Kyle was risking his life over four tours of duty to protect his country and innocent Iraqi civilians from evil, savage terrorists, the American Left, and most especially the Hollywood Left, were using every weapon at their disposal to ensure untold millions of innocent Iraqis were fed into a terrorist/death squad meat grinder.

The Left made no secret of this. At the height of the Iraq War, Democrats, the mainstream media, and Hollywood fought tooth and nail for America to pull prematurely out of Iraq. The very same people lying about Chris Kyle today are the very same people who demanded we abandon Iraq to the terrorists, and with it, 25 million innocent Iraqi civilians.

To further this evil and sinister goal, Left-wing Hollywood went so far as to build bombs for al Qaeda. Not actual bombs. Worse, these were box office bombs — movies, the ultimate propaganda tool. More than a billion dollars was spent on more than a dozen box office bombs that portrayed America, our military, and our troops as either no better than terrorists, or worse than terrorists.
    All of these films were produced and released while our men and women were still fighting the war.

Had the Left won the day, the results of an American withdrawal would have resulted in a holocaust for the millions of Iraqi civilians who, just a few years before, had turned out in extraordinary numbers to vote for the self-determination awarded to them by the likes of Chris Kyle.

Moreover, everyone on the Left knew this outcome would result in a slaughter in Iraq unseen since the Killing Fields of Southeast Asia (that was also a direct result of Democrats choosing to lose a won war).

The Left didn’t care.

For the Left, a few million dead brown people was a small price to pay for being right about the folly of the Iraq War.
    But now, as a way to defame an American hero, these inhuman, unfeeling Leftists are pretending otherwise.

John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Michael Moore ... creepy little man. Eastwood threatened his life once upon a time. Wonder what he's thinking about the little shit now.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/clint-east...-showed-camera
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

18. Thanks Kathianne, PixieStix, NightTrain, Jeff, aboutime and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Michael Moore ... creepy little man. Eastwood threatened his life once upon a time. Wonder what he's thinking about the little shit now.

I'm thinking of laughing all the way to the bank, Moore sucks, as we all know.

20. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post

Guys such as Michael Moore and other Bleeding Heart Liberals simply need there asses kicked, a thorough ass kicking may straighten them out, although I doubt it because the majority of the Libs I see now a days spent there schools years getting there Butts whooped ( heck that us why they are so negative ) but to whoop them again would just be fun.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

22. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The video cannot be embedded, but if you go and watch, 2 of Chris's Seal friends respond to the crap...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/why-holl...033654635.html

24. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post