Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Flashback Clint Eastwood to Michael Moore: ‘If you ever show up at my front door with a camera – I’ll kill you’

link

2. Thanks aboutime, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Both Moore and Rogan are backpedaling as fast as they can. No one is buying their lame excuses... and I can add Rogan to my banned list. I didn't know he was from Canada til now.

American Sniper is breaking records, and I'm sure Clint and Cooper couldn't care less what those ankle-biting liberal worms are saying.

It says a lot about the mood of the country for this to be such a huge success, and that's good to see. With this being such a massive blockbuster, I think we'll see a rush in patriotic movies to capitalize on this theme. Hollywood goes where the big money is.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks aboutime, Kathianne, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You know, I stopped watching Awards shows for many years now. And this is exactly why. Instead of just watching the movie and voting based on talent, Academy voters will wring their hands over the possibility that it just doesn't fit with their leftist world view.

Hollywood long ago stopped rewarding films for being well made, well-acted, etc. Nominations and trophies are much more rewards for satisfying their agenda, than for anything resembling the real point of awards. A fact that Sharpton btw, is banking on.

If one could make a movie that combined Slavery, the Holocaust, Feminism, and also make white Christian males look stupid and hypocritical (think American Beauty), it would literally be unbeatable.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks aboutime, namvet, Kathianne, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You know, I stopped watching Awards shows for many years. And this is exactly why. Instead of just watching the movie and voting based on talent, Academy voters will wring their hands over the possibility that it just doesn't fit with their leftist world view.

Hollywood long ago stopped rewarding films for being well made, well-acted, etc. Nominations trophies are much more rewards for satisfying their agenda, than for anything resembling the real point of awards. A fact that Sharpton btw, is banking on.

If one could make a movie that combined Slavery, the Holocaust, Feminism, and also make white Christian males look stupid and hypocritical (think American Beauty), it would literally be unbeatable.

Abbey. Please forgive me for saying this here, but..ALL AWARD SHOWS have become nothing more than a huge MUTUAL MASTERBATION EVENT for the Lame Minded, Rich, Elites, who are Dumber than AL SHARPTON.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks namvet, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

You will love this reply to Michael Moore-on, from a sniper and Medal of Honor recipient:

Meyer, the first living Marine to win the Medal of Honor in nearly 40 years, knows a thing or two about courage. He took a few minutes to school the liberal propaganda maker Moore on the realities of life – and war.
    Here is the letter, as posted on Scout.com.

I’m sure that his grandfather who died serving this country is rolling over in his grave knowing that his grandson is using him to justify him calling U.S. service men cowards. I’d be willing to bet that at some point during his grandfather’s service, he was watched over by U.S. snipers, and probably had his life saved more than once by U.S. snipers during the war.

I served as a Marine sniper for three years, and I believe the film American Sniper depicted what we do perfectly. A sniper’s primary goal is to eliminate ground threats for U.S. guys on the ground. Is that what a coward is? A person whose goal is to save the lives of his warrior brothers?
    No, cowards are people who didn’t have the guts to serve, and are happy to sit back in a free and protected country and call our service members cowards. I find it funny that this Moore guy would only say this after Chris Kyle was killed. I’d have loved to see him say that to Chris’s face.
    Look, I’ve never seen a Michael Moore movie and sure don’t plan to. I’d call on everyone to boycott this idiot’s films. Don’t embrace or support his ignorance.
    What would I do if I owned a Michael Moore DVD? I’d set it up out back and set my cowardly sniper skill on it.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/01/...#ixzz3PP4A6wrT
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

And some of us just don't care for glorified violence of any sort. But to those of you who enjoy death and all portrayals of such, I am sure this fits the bill perfectly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    And some of us just don't care for glorified violence of any sort. But to those of you who enjoy death and all portrayals of such, I am sure this fits the bill perfectly.
    Some of us appreciate the retelling of a HERO's story. The man saved countless lives and endured WAY more than your typical soldier with quite a few tours over there. What you call glorified violence is actually reality. This is what the man did, and how he risked his life to go and fight, and protect his brothers in arms.

And for those who don't care, you are free to not see the movie. It just doesn't make sense to try and defame a dead hero, nor tons of soldiers prior to him by referring to them as cowards. If you guys don't like it, you're free to STFU about it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If you guys don't like it, you're free to STFU about it.
    So there is only one accepted response to this particular movie? You either enjoy it or STFU?
    I went to see Black Hawk Down when I was in high school. The movie wasn't that bad, but it was kind of scary to watch and listen to people screaming and applauding when particularly graphic violence happened.
    Which is why I stick to comedies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

So gabby. When did your SEPTEMBER 11TH PARTY end?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Gabs after reading this my first thought was to reply with something nasty but think about it this way, Your Dad, Husband heck even your beautiful little girl could of been one of those soldiers going house to house to find terrorist that decided to start war with us, and these snipers lay atop a building trying to take out all that would cause your loved ones danger, and he did his job with great expertise, yes he is a Hero !!!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So there is only one accepted response to this particular movie? You either enjoy it or STFU?
    I went to see Black Hawk Down when I was in high school. The movie wasn't that bad, but it was kind of scary to watch and listen to people screaming and applauding when particularly graphic violence happened.
    Which is why I stick to comedies.
    I worded wrong, to an extent. What I meant was, if you don't like violence, and are not going to see the move, and likely didn't read the book, and therefore know very little about this hero - then those whining and such should STFU about this man.

I also loved BHD. And like the others, I also applauded and got happy when they "re-depicted" Americans killing the savages that were trying to kill their brothers in arms. I fully understand if others don't like violence, and these movies aren't their cup of tea... I won't condemn your comedies and your choices - you don't condemn proven heroes and my choice in movies/reality.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff, SassyLady, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Your freedoms and your very life has been protected by the blood and sacrifice of those you term to be executors of "glorified violence"!
    My nephew served and did two combat tours in Iraq, was wounded by a IED and also has other scars to carry now.
    I see how it has damaged and changed him , so these men and women deserve far, far better than what you just gave in your comment Gabby.
    They deserve to be truly honored for their sacrifices , not condemned as glorified savages hell bent on "glorified violence"!!
    In my opinion , your comment was not only in absolute error it was mean spirited and epically foolhardy to boot!
    You should apologize methinks but I will not hold my breath waiting on that!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

20. Thanks Jeff, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Here is a quote you need to think about. It's something that liberals that badmouth our heroes have never considered :

Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Moore, Rogan and the other mealy-mouthed pansies who have never served a day in their life feel free to openly call our highly decorated military members cowards only because of the very men that they insult.

Yes, they should STFU and they would if they had an ounce of decency in them, but they are free to say such things - not that they should.

Since Moore loves to inform us of what his father thought, I'm going to email and ask him about what that Marine thought about his draft dodging son publicly berating American servicemen, let alone a highly decorated U.S. Navy Seal. What a punk.

22. Thanks Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Here is a quote you need to think about. It's something that liberals that badmouth our heroes have never considered :
    Jack Nicholson too!

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Jack Nicholson too!

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

That was a great speech. Nicholson was awesome in that flick!

25. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post