Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I can tell you this, after seeing the movie I felt like I had a pretty good grasp of who this American Hero was Gabs, I think those that are criticizing it, well you would get the same reaction if you showed a Klan member one of Obama's greatest accomplishments. (I know you figure I feel he has none and I don't but for the sake of argument lets say he was a great president)

See I would love to tell ya you should go see it but I know your stance on violence, but honestly I would say at least half the movie is explaining who he is and what he felt as well as what his wife felt, in a way this movie did have a love story to it as well, no not a chic flick but it was there.
    Gabby started a thread where she said she did finally see it and was surprised.

For those that haven't seen it for the 'violence' reason, let me reassure you there really isn't much 'blood and guts,' it's much more of a thinking person's movie-the violence is more implied. This is not "Glory" which is an awesome movie, but very violent. In "Glory" there are shots of heads exploding and much of the very real trauma inflicted during the Civil War, including close ups of the primitive medical facilities and talents available.

Yes, in "American Sniper" men, women, and children are victims of war, but there's no gratuitous violence, mostly the violence is shown through a scope of the target, actions that make the shot necessary, and then you hear the shot, but not the carnage for the most part. Truth is, that's basically the way that Eastwood directs and it's also how Kyle wrote the book.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, Jeff, aboutime, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Well said, Kath. Unlike many violent movies these days, I didn't have to turn away. Well, except for that poor deer.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post