Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Good grief.

On a related note I recently watched an amazing short video about a man who is still using an iron lung after contracting polio as a child, he was able to become a successful lawyer. He’s also concerned about polio resurfacing because of ignorant parents.

[/COLOR]
Whenever I hear about polio it makes me instantly think of President Roosevelt ultimately ending up in a wheelchair and unable to walk from polio. And I remember when I was a kid seeing a few movies and documentaries about kids living in iron lungs, using a mirror to look at the person next to them or above/below. Dang, it looked rough. Even if paralyzed and in a wheelchair, you can kinda get around. I'm sure things are different now, but like I said - dang!

Some of them can be deadly or extremely life altering. I'm honestly no expert on how easily each and every disease travels or gets transmitted to others. I'm sure many are similar and many different. Then you have all different kinds of diseases/infections or what not in the 3rd world countries. I have no idea other than - I don't want to take the slightest chance ever if I can end up in on of those ways.

The earlier Roosevelt and then later in life

And the iron lungs I recall - when you didn't have the vaccination - or I guess if you never took the vaccination