Only the ignorant, pretending to be so erudite, don't. Until the 'Disneyland' attack, it was
assumed that there wasn't a problem, measels were so past..

http://www.kidnurse.org/baby-deserve-exposed-measles/

*For confidentiality purposes, the identity of the children described in this post was changed. However, their mother hopes that this post brings awareness about measles and prevents others from experiencing what her family is going through right now.

Allow me to introduce you to my dear friend’s baby. This is Jack. Jack is the happiest 10 month old boy you could ever hope to meet. He is chubby and handsome. He’s also tough. In his short little life he has already gone through several surgeries from a few health challenges, but through it all, he has the biggest, happiest smile. His mother Tiffany is one of the sweetest, strongest human beings you could ever hope to meet. We have known each other for quite a while, so I write this post not only as a nurse practitioner, but as a friend. Yesterday, I received some terrible news about Jack that led me to think about this question:

Does this sweet baby deserve to be exposed to the measles?

Why do I ask such a question? Because, unfortunately, we are living in a time where it has to be asked. Even though some of the greatest scientific minds have spent the better part of this century trying to eliminate this awful disease with a safe, effective vaccine, many parents still think it is okay to potentially expose their own children and other children to this deadly disease by not vaccinating. Why? They are incorrectly more afraid of a vaccine than the potentially-deathly disease itself. However, it is time to put this question to rest. Allow me to be clear...